“Fresh and Delicious”

Thuy's Noodle Shop
Ranked #7 of 51 Restaurants in Bisbee
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The food has a lot of flavor and is made after you place your order. Everything is made from scratch, from fresh ingredients. Thuy's is small and can sometimes be crowded but it's worth waiting for. Thuy makes everything herself and cares that you enjoy your meal. This place is worth going back to, over and over again.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Thuy is so sweet and accommodating. Her restaurant is small and a little off the main area of businesses but definitely worth going to. We ate there and she has at least a cooler or air conditioning now. The temperature was comfortable inside.
Most of us had the beef noodle soup which was amazing. Thinly sliced beef is on the top and rice noodles on the bottom. There are a variety of sauces on the table so that you can spice it up just the way you like it. We also had the fried shrimp & pork rolls. They were twice the size of your average egg roll and so delicious. The sauce that comes with them is outstanding!
We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I ate twice at Thuy's during a recent trip to Bisbee. We had dinner the first night and it was very good. We both had a different special on her chalkboard. I really wanted to try her Chicken curry, but she did not offer it that day. Nonetheless, both of us thought the food was excellent. They were simple dishes, but the flavor was really incredible. Not sure what seasonings she uses, but she can coax some amazing flavors out of them. Flavors my palate had not experienced before...I really loved them! We also had fresh summer rolls that were delicious. Fabulous sauce for dipping as well.
Because we liked the food so much and it is relatively inexpensive, we came back the next day for lunch. We both had the Chicken Pho just to give that a shot and as expected, it also was very tasty. Again, the flavor was wonderful and different than anything I have tasted before. Apparently, Thuy knows her way around the spice rack...although these are fresh herbs and no rack involved. The only thing we didn't like was the fresh coconut. It seemed like a fun thing to try so we ordered one...well, not sure what the fuss is about...very little liquid and just not to my wife and my liking, but hey, we tried it.
One last note about the people working here...they all seem very nice and friendly. Thuy, who is the only cook, smiles a lot and is very sweet natured. I hope she succeeds, because she deserves it. Very hard working and a gentle spirit. Overall, a great place to eat a tasty, inexpensive meal in Bisbee.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

For people living in Bisbee who have never eaten Vietnamese food this place must be a revelation. For those of us who have had the pleasure of enjoying this alluring cuisine in other places where perhaps there is a bit more competition, Thuy's falls short. Giving credit where it's due, the cold rolls are very good. They are prepared freshly in front of you by a person who is obviously quite expert at the task. No problem there at all. Everything kind of went south with the fried noodles. I have never been served such an unappealing, gloppy mess in my life. It reminded me of something I might have attempted on a very late night in college after some serious partying. We got our food as take out because Thuy's, like all restaurants in Bisbee closes very early. If I could have taken this dish back, I would have demanded my money back. Awful.

2  Thank Campodog
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Well, if this was my daughter's review, perhaps. But her favorite Vietnamese spot is in Des Plaines, Illinois and nothing measures up in her opinion, esp. concerning Beef Pho soup. She contends that the broth was thicker than she likes, noodles gooey, and quality of beef not up to her expectations. However, my Chicken Pho was good...very tasty and filling (my daughter agrees)-hence the very good rating. We also had an order of unusual meat eggrolls...also very tasty. We both really enjoyed watching Thuy (the owner and only cook) create the food - quickly and with fresh herbs. This is a tiny place with a limited menu, but glad we tried it.

Been to Thuy's Noodle Shop? Share your experiences!