“Great Value/Hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bisbee
Eldorado Suites Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Value/Hotel”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel in Bisbee AZ and I was amazed and the value for the price. It was the size of a small apartment with a full kitchen, bath, living room, and bedroom. There were tons of space in the walk in closets too.
What amazed me most was the fact that even the window blinds were dust free! I mean who cleans their window blinds so often that there isn't a speck of dust! I just couldn't get over it. It was the cleanest room I have ever stayed in.
Other reviews mention noise from the bars nearby...we didn't find it bothersome and didn't even use the earplugs that were left by the hotel beside the bed!
Great customer service, great value, great hotel!!!! Won't stay anywhere else in Bisbee!

Room Tip: We stayed in #8. Great room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank bjackson10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I recently stayed in Eldorado Suites for the first time ever. The managers were very accommodating and helped me find great places to visit during my stay. The housekeeping staff was so friendly and helped me find things I needed throughout my stay. I would recommend this establishment to any one looking for clean and comfortable rooms. I had a kitchen, living room, and a very comfortable bedroom. Everyone checked to see if I was doing well daily. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: Room 12 was fun and allowed me to see the night life. It was bright and sunny with a wonderful vera...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed there for the first time this year. A group of my friends have stayed there each June for about 3+ years now and i decided to get a room this year. Im glad I did. Great two bedroom, large balcony, soft bed, comfy living and full kitchen. Grea view of Bisbee. Nothing bad to say at all. Be nice for those on the 3rd floor to have an elevator to bring their suitcases up. I liked the exercise so didnt bother me.

Room Tip: Stay on 2nd or 3rd floor for great view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kentgear
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was our second stay at the Eldorado which we view as a home away from home.
The apartments/suites are charming, comfortable and squeaky clean. Each unit has
its own kitchen and living room along with a bath and one or two bedrooms. Some have
patios and porches from which you can watch the sunset over the mountains as you sip
a glass of wine. The hotel is just a block off the main strip so shops and restaurants are
within walking distance. You can cook your own meals and eat in but who'd want to when you can eat at Bisbee's excellent restaurants. Great hotel and staff!!

Room Tip: We always stay in Suite 1 on the ground floor. It has a porch in the front facing the mountains and...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank karen l
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Very nice suite with great view over Brewery Gulch and the mountains. We got a corner suite, thinking the view would be more important than the noise -- but that was a mistake. A very loud cover band at one of the bars just below us played until 2:30 am. I slept okay in the front bedroom, once I had my earplugs in (provided on the bedside table...a hint?) but my parents didn't see those and had a hard time sleeping even in the back bedroom.

Room Tip: The interior suites are supposed to be quieter, but I'm not sure how much it would help.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Matina D
San Juan Cap
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Please do not go by the previous persons review of this gem we found in Bisbee.. We found it listed on the Arizona.com website and are we glad we chose it.. the owners were there when we arrived, as was Lisa who was so accomodating and gave us a little history of the area as well as some suggestions as to where to eat.. the Hotel is so quaint.. we stayed in room #8 with a view of the streets below... had a balcony all to ourselves... mind you we were there on a weekday. the room was tastefully decorated and we had so much room to roam about... unfortuately we did not take advantage of the spacious kitchen and appliances since we only stayed one nite on our way to Scottsdale. We would most definitely stay there again if ever in the area...

Room Tip: Second floor has great views and not as many stairs to climb, since there is no elevator..room #8 wa...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Connie V
Danbury, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Came to Bisbee, AZ with my family to go on the Queen Copper Mine tour and I booked a night at the Eldorado Suites Hotel. The hotel is an old converted apartment building located up a very narrow street on a hill overlooking part of town, a brewery, and some restaurants. If you like name brands like Hilton or Marriott family hotels then the Eldorado is not for you. It appears to be clean and well cared for but it's old and gives off a bed and breakfast feel...without the breakfast. I checked in and viewed the room with the day manager. Then locked the door and headed off to town to do the Queen Mine Tour. We did not bring our luggage into the room, just took the keys and left. Following the Mine Tour we received word that a family member in Phoenix was sicker than previously thought, so we returned to the Eldorado to explain why we were leaving without staying the night. No hotel staff could be found, so we placed the keys in the drop box and left for Phoenix.

When we got to Phoenix around 5 PM, I called the hotel and explained to the manager what had happened and why we were not staying the night. She was understanding and told us that if the room had not been used we would not be charged for the night. I understand that hotels have cancellation policies to protect them, but we never used the room and it would not require cleaning for the next guest. We were pleased not to lose $200 for the night. However, the next morning I received an email from a different hotel manager stating that the night hotel manager did not have the authority to promise me a refund. I was also made aware of the hotel cancellation policy and that was that. So basically I was charged for 1 night without having used the room at all, promised a refund, and then had the promise retracted. Poor, unprofessional management, just looking for a way to make an easy $200 bucks from a family misfortune. Some kind of cancellation fee would have been understandable, but the entire night?? I highly recommend that anyone looking to stay a night in Bisbee do so at the Copper Queen Hotel instead.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Scott P
EldoradoSuitesHotel, Owner at Eldorado Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
In this age of social media where businesses live and die by their reputation and anyone can say anything regardless of whether it’s true or the consequences it may have on the recipient I feel this review warrants a strong rebuttal.

It is every guests’ responsibility to read and understand a hotels’ rules and regulations concerning their cancelation polices. That is why every reservation is followed up with an email confirmation which explains it. Our cancelation policy states that a guest has up to 48 hours prior to the day of arrival to cancel their reservation in order to avoid a charge of one night’s stay. This policy may sound tough but it is very fair. It gives our guest plenty of time to cancel their reservation without incurring a charge and it still gives us a chance to rebook the suite, especially if it had been booked weeks ago possible leaving us with an empty room. In the event that a guest cancels within the 48 hours and we are able to rebook the suite we will not charge them. So far this system has worked well and we haven’t had any problems. We have always done our best to be considerate of our guests “situations”.
However, when a guest checks in to their suite they have essentially bought the room. There is no refund for an early departure.
In this instance the guest booked weeks in advanced and on the day of arrival called to request an early check in. We agreed to oblige them but we were short handed and had to scramble to get it ready. They arrived a 1:30 pm. They checked in and went up to their suite. At 7:23 pm they called to say they were in Phoenix and that they had dropped off their keys in our mailbox at 5:30 pm. (It takes at least 3 and a half hours to get to Phoenix from here).
They said the suite was great and that everything was fine. They had done the mine tour and walked around Bisbee; they had seen everything they wanted to. They said they had not used the suite. But they also said that they had not brought up their luggage but after walking around town for several hours they had gone back up to the suite before dropping off the keys. They felt that because they did not use the suite they wanted a partial refund. When they were told that we do not give a refund for an early departure they said that if they didn’t get a refund they would write a negative review on Trip Advisor which they did.

This rationale would be like going into a very nice restaurant, ordering a nice meal, eating half of it, telling the waitress how delicious it was and what a great time you had but that you only would pay for what you had eaten.
It just does not work that way. In 30 years of being in the hotel business no one has ever departed early and then ask for a refund. Once you have checked in you have essentially bought the room regardless of how much you used or didn’t use it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
Landmark Lookout Lodge
#3 of 9 in Tombstone
The Gardens At Mile High Ranch
School House Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Eldorado Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!