“The Mine”
Review of Copper Queen Mine

Copper Queen Mine
Ranked #1 of 36 things to do in Bisbee
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The trip to the mine was awesome! Our guide was interesting and we learned so much about the life of a miner. The air was cool and fresh from openings in the rock and the items left behind by the miners were amazing.

1  Thank Doreen E
in 11 reviews
"unique experience"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Living in Tucson, this made for a great day trip with the boyfriend! It was my first mine tour and I think it was the perfect one. I have been in caves before and most do not let you bring in cameras or take pictures (understandably), so it was fun to have the option to snap away on a mine tour! I also enjoyed the fact that you basically go straight in, level with the entrance. Some friends don't like the idea of being deep underground and when I told them its like entering a tunnel they seem to be more open to the idea of visiting. The tour takes an hour but it personally felt like 20 minutes. Time flies by in there. It's also 47 degrees inside, which makes for a great adventure any scorching Arizona summer day!

2  Thank TheTucsonTravelers
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Living in Arizona, we have several options for mine tours, and have taken a few. However, this tour was exceptional.

I think that part of the attraction is that the guides that take you into the mine have lived it themselves. They worked for Phelps-Dodge in these very mines so they can relate stories from personal experience and front hat handed down from relatives. They obviously miss the work and still relate to and enjoy their times in the mines and it shows.

If you are claustrophobic, you may have some issues as the mine is narrow in many parts, if not most. They will stop the tram just inside to make certain that everyone is OK, which is appreciated. In our group none had an issue and we all had a fabulous time and tour.

2  Thank MRMED8R
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Thought the individual giving the tour was very knowledgeable - enjoyed going down to the bowels of the mine and will bring other friends to see it as well.

5  Thank snowtiger101