“A hidden Treasure!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Phoenix, Arizona
“A hidden Treasure!”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This has to be the best place to stay in Bisbee! I called to find out more about the Bed and Breakfast. Spoke with Maggie she was so nice. My husband and I along with our kids (ages 9 & 7) and don't forget the dog were going to vacation in Bisbee for 5 days. The place is beautiful and quiet! Very close to town but not with all of the traffic. The rooms are little apartments which are very clean and furnished with everything you would need. The room had Wifi which was great. TV with Cable. We enjoyed our evenings sitting on our porch and just listing to nature. The weather at night is so nice and cool. My kids enjoyed walking around the property. They played on the Hammock and the chair swing, loved the little pond in the back yard.

Everyone who works there is so down to earth and friendly. We felt like one of the family. Even our dog liked it.

We will always stay here. It beats any other place in Bisbee. Also we highly recommend this place to everyone who is going to travel there.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6. It has a queen bed in its own bedroom. A living room with a futon and a chaise...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank reachjensen
theGardens, Owner at The Gardens At Mile High Ranch, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
We are so happy to have families come and enjoy our natural space here. You actually help us have fun at work! Thank you so much for a wonderful review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My Husband and I celebrated our Anniversary by a trip to his home town of Bisbee. We wanted to try something new to us in the area. A more intimate getaway was what we were looking for. We received a warm welcome as soon as we arrived from Maggie. Maggie epitomized The Gardens. She has a way of making you feel at home. The room was very clean and had wonderful amenities. We are coffee drinkers and dislike the small coffe pots/prepackaged coffee of chain hotels and enjoyed the large coffee maker with real coffee. I am a large person and need a sturdy comfortable bed which we found here. Mostly we loved Maggie's genuine hospitality. We will most definitely return to "Maggie's Gardens"!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oralea s
Thank you so much for a personal and happy review. I was very lucky to have met you. I sure hope we see you here again soon!
California
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

The Groupon made my mind up. - I was going to Bisbee. It's been on my bucket list for years and now I've arrived it's more than living up to my expectations. I had a delightful conversation with Trinity whilst on my journey, wanting to know my preferred wine type, and fresh cookies preferences - beat that Doubletree! Upon arrival at the Gardens, I was shown to the spacious, cute Room 1. Kitchenette, appropriately kitschy, lounge area, full bathroom and bedroom, all pristinely clean, and set in a quaint, cutesy garden, with little vistas all around. Trinity organized a massage on the premises, held in a pretty, Island-look room. Amazing, so very relaxing, especially in this setting. A half hour or so on the beautiful hammock completed the experience. Comfy beds, musical crickets outside- peace, tranquility and natural beauty. I need no more.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank sjgiants
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights recently, our first time in Bisbee.
We found the Gardens to be a tranquil place to unwind, and much better for us than the typical motel. Our room was clean and well-furnished, and the owners were very helpful in suggesting dining and other things to do in Bisbee.
My wife highly recommends the spa services here, best massage ever.
We will be looking forward to staying here again on our next visit.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank waynehaz
theGardens, Owner at The Gardens At Mile High Ranch, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review of the Gardens! You are the best! Please come back soon!
San Antonio
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I have been coming to The Gardens at Mile High Ranch since 2007. The sisters that own the Bed & Breakfast are very special Ladies. Tara gives the best massage I have ever had! Maggie is the sweetest, most accommodating host one could hope for....not to mention the rooms (I've stayed in 4 of them) all have the most comfortable, luxurious beds and the grounds are beautiful!

Room Tip: The rooms are all different. There are rooms for 1 person and larger rooms for families with living...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank epley5
What a wonderful review! You help us out so much by taking the time to write about your stay here.
Thank you Thank you!!!!
Telluride, CO
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My wife and I were married at the Gardens back on '09. Since then we have had nothing but amazing service from the helpful staff. Last night we had our son's 1 year birthday party and it was fantastic. The Gardens had a wood-fired oven installed in 2011. The oven sits in an outdoor kitchen area complete with sinks, a fridge, and a roof to protect from any weather. They also offer a nice canopy to protect guests if the need should arise. These upgrades mean that parties of 30-40 people or more can comfortable gather and enjoy delicious, fresh made pizza, hot from the oven. Kids and adults alike will have a ton of fun dressing their very own pizza and then eating it 10 minutes later.

Room Tip: Pick a room near the new outdoor kitchen area and plan a pizza party with some friends.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
You guys are the greatest! We had so much fun at your party! It really was your family love that brought it all together. Thanks so much for the positive review!
Tucson AZ USA
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My husband and I spent the first two days of April here. The staff treated us warmly and were most helpful. The accommodations are simple and historic, but the atmosphere is of being in the country. Our room had a sitting area, dining table, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. The bed was most comfortable and having the kitchen to prepare food was great. The double hammock was wonderful and sitting on the top terrace in a porch swing watching the stars and quietly talking together made our evenings very special. There are massages and therapies available, but we didn't use them this trip. We are keeping this place in mind for a return visit in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
#3 of 9 in Tombstone
Tombstone Monument Ranch
Tombstone Monument Ranch
#2 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to The Gardens At Mile High Ranch? Share your experiences!