“Classic Hometown Breakfast in Historic Building”

Bisbee Breakfast Club
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Bisbee
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Bisbee Breakfast Club (or BBC) is a Bisbee institution and the best hometown breakfast spot in Bisbee (and one of the best in Arizona). It is my go-to breakfast spot when visiting Bisbee and across many visits and dishes, it has yet to let me down.

The extensive menu includes all the typical American hometown breakfast classics including a wide-range of omlettes, other egg dishes, pancakes, French toast, and biscuits and gravy. On Sundays, they have Belgium waffles. The biscuits (with or without gravy) are giant home-made wonders with a light flakiness that is several steps above your typical dry hockey-puck style breakfast biscuit. Servings are generous and coffee cups are kept filled. They also have a few Mexican-style breakfast dishes, which tend to be a bit on the mild side.

They also have a lunch menu with burgers and sandwiches (and great homemade pie). They are not open for dinner.

The BBC is not actually located in Bisbee proper, but rather in what is left of the neighboring town of Lowell (the little historic street on the otherside of the Lavender Pit about a mile from the historic district). Located in an historic storefront with high tin ceilings, the resturant has both table and counter seating with a small-town diner sort of vibe. Dispite being outside the main historic district, the BBC is no secret and you can expect a wait on Saturday and Sunday mornings (fortunately, the service is pretty quick).

1  Thank Xeronaut
There are newer reviews for Bisbee Breakfast Club

Reviewed 6 November 2013

When visiting a small town one of my favorite meals is breakfast, especially when you are dining in a locally owned restaurant versus a chain restaurant. In the locally owned restaurant you can feel the buzz when diners have that first cup of coffee in an environment where they tend to know the restaurant staff as well as most of the customers. The Bisbee Breakfast Club in Bisbee, Arizona, is such a place.

The restaurant is located on Erie Street which is away from the historic downtown. Simply follow the large Freeport McMoran open mining pit to the south side where you will find Erie Street. What a street this is, like going back in time to the 1930s, including the store fronts and vehicles parked alongside.

Customers are warmly welcomed in the rustic interior. Once the waitress pours you that first cup of coffee, she keeps that coffee cup in her view so you never get close to the bottom of the cup. What a great menu they have. Each time I made a decision, I saw something go past that looked even better. The menu has a good selection of “South of the Border” meals such as Huevos Rancheros and the omelets that went past looked wonderful as well.

I had decided to go with the traditional eggs over easy, along with crisp bacon, hash browns and toast when I realized that it was only $1 more to have a 7 ounce Sirloin instead of the bacon. That was a no-brainer and the steak was served medium rare as I requested. It was excellent.

They are only open for breakfast and lunch. I noticed that they have now opened a location in Tucson so perhaps Phoenix will be on their future expansion plans. Fun place!

1  Thank Robert V
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stopped here Sunday morning before leaving Bisbee. We were very fortunate to get a table right away. They do have a fairly large seating area but it was packed. A few larger parties were waiting but a table for two was available. I ordered the Chicken Fried Steak and my wife ordered the California Omelet. Then we waited, and waited, and waited some more. Finally the waiter came over and apologized saying there had been a mix up on our order but the cooks were working on it now. While we were waiting we began to notice the ventilation was not very good and our eyes were starting to get irritated. Finally, the food arrived and it was delicious. My steak with wonderful gravy was certainly not a healthy choice but it was the best!. My wife's omelet also received plenty of approval. The food saved the day.
When we got back home, my wife said she could still smell the BBC on her clothes. This probably isn't as noticeable to others if you don't have to sit there waiting a long time for your food.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We haven't been to Bisbee in probably 4-5 years, but we remember eating here the last time. Chicken Fried Steak is one of my favorite breakfasts and they do it here as good as I've ever had it anywhere. Real sausage gravy on the steak, eggs done perfectly and crispy hash browns. And, all for $7.99. Nothing short of heaven! :)

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I've been here before for breakfast, and loved it. I was not disappointed this time either. I have to eat gluten free now, and was wondering what I could have for lunch here. They surprised me by carrying gluten free bread for sandwiches. Twice, I had the Grilled Cheese and Tomato sandwich, which also has bacon. Excellent! My sister had the Coffee Charred Breast of Chicken Salad one day, and the Stuffed Tomato with Chicken Salad another. She loved them both. Definitely a place to go for breakfast or lunch.

1  Thank PhxDesert

Been to Bisbee Breakfast Club? Share your experiences!