“Great location and comfortable lodging”

Tombstone Canyon Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bisbee
Tombstone Canyon Inn
Ranked #10 of 13 Bisbee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed here on our way east after a long day's drive and no reservations. Bisbee seemed like an interesting place, so we drove through town and saw this Inn. A knock on the door brought out a very kind gentleman who said he had a room. The suite was spacious with a mini kitchen, comfortable bed, and shared balcony. The owner offered suggestions for good restaurants and everything you'd like to see in Bisbee is within walking distance from this location. Overall, the Inn is quiet and met all our needs. If we return to southern Arizona, we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julia5053
There are newer reviews for Tombstone Canyon Inn

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I am the companion from Northern Ireland that stayed for two nights with reviewer Lewis D below. Lewis has related his experience of staying at this establishment in some detail and there is not a great deal that I can add about my similarly thoroughly disappointing stay at this property. As with Lewis's accommodation the bedroom and bathroom cleanliness left much to be desired and there were no comfortable chairs provided. Fortunately my bed was also of a good standard with clean linens, and luckily, in my case, having a duvet to keep warm. However, in two days the room and bathroom were not serviced at all. Additionally in my opinion a B & B classification certainly leads one to expect that a breakfast of some sort is provided; indeed the high price charged also tends to indicate a meal should be included.

In summary; a great disappointment and certainly not as advertised on the website, nor worth the money charged. Think again on this one. It certainly is in a convenient location in Bisbee for all the towns facilities. However, the property itself is a great disappointment in real life and one has to conclude is poorly managed by an absentee host/owner who can't even bother to show up at any point in a two day stay!

A similarly run and standard B & B establishment in Ireland or the UK charging these prices would get really bad reviews and most likely as a result of this only be granted a very low rating by the Tourist Boards.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The Tombstone Canyon Inn was a terrible disappointment. There was nothing about this property that was in any way appealing. We arrived at 2 PM and found the office locked with a sign indicating that the owner/manager would return at 5 PM. Yet when making the reservation, I indicated we would arrive around 3 PM. We had to walk around the town of Bisbee on a cold, windy day until around 4:30 PM when we went into a restaurant and the cashier was kind enough to call the hotel. The person I spoke with said that he had left me a phone message that morning, but we were already en route. And on the form I filled out when making the reservation I clearly showed the number as my home phone. So why did he wait until the morning of departure. What he called about was to tell me that our room keys were inside the unlocked rooms. Unless we had gone into the restaurant, we would never have known that was how we were to gain access. In the two nights we stayed, nobody ever showed up. There were no fresh towels and beds were never made up. Frankly the rooms were dirty, badly in need of a good cleaning. In my room there was no place to sit except on two wood bar stools. The bathtub was badly stained and not at all clean. There were a few human hairs on the bathroom sink, which was quite unappealing. There was a floor mat in front of the bathroom sink that had not been vacuumed or cleaned in a long while. The bedroom carpet was also dusty. Fortunately the bed was clean, but in my room it had a bedspread and a very thin summer blanket. Yet in the other room where my friend visiting with me from Northern Ireland stayed, there was a duvet. I nearly froze during the first night, as the outside temperature dropped to 29 degrees. The heat would not regulate, so if I had it on, it kept cycling on every couple of minutes and it frankly got too hot. The second night I doubled up the thin blanket and bedspread and slept with socks on, so it was not as cold. The property was listed in Trip Advisor as a B & B, but no breakfast was served. All in all, it was a big disappointment and not worth the money. I would advise anyone going to Bisbee to avoid this property.

Room Tip: There are two rooms to this property. My honest recommendation would be that neither is worth stayin...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We stayed in the King Suite (there is only two: a king and queen suite with a shared balcony) and thoroughly enjoyed it........walked to everything in historic Bisbee. We will definitely go back to Bisbee and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank zoarite
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Perfect location! Check-in was a breeze. Stocked with everything you need and more. Bed was comfortable and everything was clean. Charming and full of character. I would love to live in a place like this. Will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank SamShumanS
Reviewed 13 February 2013

LOVED staying at this quaint little inn; so much so that we stayed and extra night and didn't want to leave! Sitting on the balcony in the evening was my favorite. Our family rented both suites and stayed 4 nights. We stayed in the king suite which had everything one needs; including a frig, microwave, small kitchen sink, coffee maker, coffee, cups, plates, flatware, paper towels, dish soap, etc. Within walking distance to downtown Old Bisbee, which has lots of shopping and places to eat, along with informative tours. We were in town to visit relatives and attend our mom's reunion of the Old Bisbee High. A wonderful time re-visiting her childhood memories, topped off by a wonderful stay at the Tombsone Canyon Inn!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 2ndGenAZnative
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife and I stayed there this past weekend and had a very nice stay. The "King Suite" was more than satisfactory, being clean and having all the amenities anyone would need. The balcony was an added bonus with it's great views all around.
The Inn has a great "central" location that makes all of Old Bisbee accessible. David the owner, was very helpful with directions when needed- and also when it came time for us to pick a dinner spot for pizza- The Screamin' Banshee.
When looking around the area, compared to alot of the other Inn's- I believe we made an excellent pick!!!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple