“why they are so cheap ...”

Desert Rancho Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bullhead City
Desert Rancho Motel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Bullhead City
Reviewed 15 August 2012

They r so cheap because their service is so bad they cant charge for anything more but what is available which is a horrible smelly motel full of stinky philipinos that smell like animal and treat the place like crap. First they are unprofessional and the rooms are not thouroughly cleaned well. The walls r dirty full of looks like soda and coffe spilt all over and never been cleaned. The managment team is very rude after you move in they have no respect for your guest or you. The manger richard screams from the top of his lungs and drinks while on the jobs which is very unprofessional, i wouldnt care if i was in vegas thats still not cool to have a drunk screaming disrespectful manager on site.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank 3,215

Reviewed 22 January 2012

I have stayed several weeks at Desert Rancho in Feb-Mar 2006 and again for 3 months 2008-09. Rates were cheapest in BC, but I only got what I paid for. The owners apparently don't want to put any money in the place, and it is overall dirty, with a few upstairs rooms relatively clean and neat. I got along well with Richard Hatch the manager perhaps because we had some similiar army experiences. He can be very abrasive. His asian manager is hard to understand, but is nice. I wouldn't send any money in advance, and would only try to get a room in person. There are fridge and microwaves in most units and for weekly/monthly rentals are nice when you want to skip a meal at a restaurant. Tipping the housekleaners I got a little better service. If you can climb stairs, the units on the north side, second floor are the best. Try hard not to get Hatch into a violent temper...Go somewhere else if you want to critize, best to look over a room first and then decide if you want to save some money over other rates in town. Last time I was there, many of the renters were unemployed and were of a type you don't usually see in even an "average" motel.

Room Tip: North side, second floor are better
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank Travelingwithbuddy
Reviewed 22 November 2011

After reading the reviews about this place I think their does need to be medication passed around to everyone. Let’s start with a little history. I have been visiting the Laughlin area for many years. The motels across the river from Laughlin are in what is called "old bullhead city". People who come to gamble in Laughlin and boat in the Colorado River can choose the Laughlin casino hotels or stay in old Bullhead City. Yes, the motels in Bullhead City are older than the more modern motels people have come to expect. The carpet in a little old as well as the fixtures. There are 2 or 3 casino-hotels in Laughlin which have comparable rooms. Laughlin is billed as a cheaper version of Las Vegas and that means everything is cheaper. If you want Premium class go to Las Vegas.
I have stayed at Rancho Desert for weeks at a time and they do cater to the weekly rate renter. That’s how all the motels in old bullhead city market themselves. If you come here from LA and want to party like its spring break you probably will be asked to leave.
I have never had a problem with bugs or seen any bedbugs. An occansiouly flea or fly, sure. There is free Wi-Fi but no clock radios. There are mini-frigs and a better TV channel selection than Laughlin hotels. The man mentioned who kicks out jerks is a resident who works the desk part time. He is a veteran ex-Army ranger and a good guy. The manager is a very nice Asian lady. If you want a franchise motel there is a Best Western at twice the cost but the same age and condition as the others in the same area. That is where the LA yuppie types who boat but don't gamble usually stay.
I hope this review helps.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank DesertDog321
Reviewed 16 August 2010

First off the manager/owner Richard was kind on the phone as he told me nothing but false information on how nice his motel was. I had made reservations, (gave credit card info). When I arrived the clerk had no idea of the reservation. Which worked out better because he quoted me a room rate that was considerably HIGHER than his clerk charged me. So we paid for three nites. (cash) He had told me that they had remodeled rooms. The room was the WORST room I have ever stayed in. I would have ben better off sleeping in the gutter, because the gutter would have ben cleaner. The carpet was full of cigarette burns, it was peeling up as well not to mention my feet were black after walikng upon it. The bathroom was gross and barely cleaned, the window ledge had a huge amount of dirt and debris, the floor had other hairs from previous occupants, paint was peeling off of the walls, not to mention that the walls were full of dirt and other stains. The shower leaked. The room had a horrible odor of a smell I cannot explain! In the morning I went over to speak with the manager. I asked him a question about the amount he charged and wanted to make sure he did'nt run it thru the C.C. as we had paid CASH! As well as informing him that there were roaches, waterbugs and other things creeping around in the room. He prompty lost his temper and told me to " If your going to complain, then get the Hell out" . I gladly accepted his offer to vacate, as I wanted my money back for this repulsive room I had spent the nite in. The outside of the hotel has the appearance of that there are mainly undesirable people residing there as there residences (BBQ's out front of rooms, chairs and such). Richard was unprofessional in his attitute as well as abusive in his manners of the situation. His disconcern over paying tenats and monies paid prior for a three nite stay. He had put us in a situation that we had to go look for other rooms on a weekend that all of the hotels and motels were occupied. I was thankful I was able to find better lodging right next door for $10 a nite cheaper. This motel is the worst motel I have ever stayed in EVER! Then to have to deal with a manger/owner who really needs to be on some sort of medication was just too much. I never write these reviews, but since this place is sooo bad and his actions were that of a "crazied dictator" I am glad to take the time to warn other potential patrons that this place is the dirtest and most repulsive place I never want to stay in. I now know what HELL will be like! the "Desert ROACH'O motel....

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
10  Thank mrtomwinters
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Over the telephone the manager described this establishment as the "best place to stay this side of the River." In fact the rooms are filthy and very poorly maintained. However, the rooms out shine the MANAGER who shouted uncontrolably and evicted us without cause!!!! When told the room was not as described over the phone, the Manager shouted at my travel companion "Pack your bags and get out" and demanded we leave before check out time the first morning despite our having paid for a 3 night stay.....After visiting 4 or 5 other establishements it is clear that instead of being the "best place to stay this side of the RIver", the Desert Ranho Motel is by far and away to be the WORST place to stay on the RIver in Bullhead City. Do the MANAGER a favor - don't check in.

• Stayed: August 2010
8  Thank blackdiamond07
Reviewed 21 September 2009

First I was yelled at by the management for having a guest visit(did not stay very long) they told me i was not allowed to have guests!

Then i was kicked out onto the street after someone SUPPOSEDLY complained i was too loud...they banged on my door at 6 am and told me to vacate the room.

I agreed to leave if they returned my money...they refused and called he police.

They run some sort of scam is how this seemed!
They had no reason for what they did because i wasn't even loud.

I asked the police how they were allowed to do this to me and the police said that it is a civil matter and advised me to bring a suit against them!

ALL IN ALL THEY WERE VERY RUDE FROM THE BEGINNING AND THE HOTEL WAS DISGUSTING!

VERY POOR MANAGEMENT I HAVE NEVER HAD A WORSE EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
#3 of 8 in Bullhead City
Silver View RV Resort
Silver View RV Resort
#6 of 8 in Bullhead City

Been to Desert Rancho Motel? Share your experiences!