“Are the rooms still filthy and is psycho manager still there????”

Desert Rancho Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bullhead City
Desert Rancho Motel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Bullhead City
Bullhead City, Arizona
“Are the rooms still filthy and is psycho manager still there????”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Worst experience in my life!!! After relocation in 2006 we stayed there during labor day weekend. Had to go to office to pay telephone deposit and the manager went psycho on me. I was polite and honest to him when I made the reservation months ahead, and I was polite/honest when I went to the office that day. He literally told me to get out of his motel within 5 minutes (guess he didn't like me reminding him of my previous reservation). We didn't have anywhere to go and it was 120 degrees outside!Everything was booked out in the area. His wife allowed us to stay there, but she told me to stay away from the manager. We were planing on staying there until escrow cleared on our new house, but after that weekend and when rooms were available again in BHC, we immediately went to another motel! I spent hours cleaning the room and bathroom since it was filthy and disgusting. After our check-out inspection, the managers wife mentioned that the room was exceptionally clean. After the manager went psycho on me, I was scared to death the three days I had to stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We love this motel! The rooms are cleaned whenever we ask them to. There is never an up charge for service here. They have direct TV as well and the shower has a nice high water pressure.
Perfect located near a bar and restaurant across the street this motel has everything you need including super fast reliable High speed internet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Apple Valley, California, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stopped in for a room on a Saturday afternoon. The room was not to greatest and needs some painting and new carpet, but it was clean enough. The staff were very friendly-mostly the owner was very talkative. They did not make us stick to the set check in or out time. Pool was freshly painted and felt wonderful. Very laid back atmosphere. We received a phone call to see if we needed anything before the staff left for breakfast and not to worry if we needed to stay a little longer. We will stay there again on our next trip. Over all feel was that the owner was trying to remodel but can only do so much on the little he charges per room. He literally is just trying to stay open.

Room Tip: Select a non smoking room. They also have adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The Rooms were discussting. I walked in and walked out. The manger was rude and obnoxious. He lied as to how nice his rooms were. I think it had to be the worst place I have ever seen. I did'nt stay there on the chance we would get bedbugs. The whole experience was like a nightmare. Dirty DIRt DIrty room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank RonWood976

Travellers are raving about these Bullhead City hotels

Tucson
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I spent several weeks here in Spring, 2012, and found them to provide excellent customer service; their rooms to be exceptionally clean; and staff quite courteous and helpful in all areas. Their location; overlooking the Colorado River, and five minutes from Laughlin, NV, is perfect; as is its easy access to the airport and shopping. The Desert Rancho provides weekly and monthly rates; quite inexpensive off-season; and is children pet-friendly...a great place for Snowbirds, as well.

Room Tip: Smoking and non-smoking rooms; two floors; several individual buildings; beautiful weather in winter...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leah C
Reviewed 15 August 2012

They r so cheap because their service is so bad they cant charge for anything more but what is available which is a horrible smelly motel full of stinky philipinos that smell like animal and treat the place like crap. First they are unprofessional and the rooms are not thouroughly cleaned well. The walls r dirty full of looks like soda and coffe spilt all over and never been cleaned. The managment team is very rude after you move in they have no respect for your guest or you. The manger richard screams from the top of his lungs and drinks while on the jobs which is very unprofessional, i wouldnt care if i was in vegas thats still not cool to have a drunk screaming disrespectful manager on site.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank 3215
Central Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I have stayed several weeks at Desert Rancho in Feb-Mar 2006 and again for 3 months 2008-09. Rates were cheapest in BC, but I only got what I paid for. The owners apparently don't want to put any money in the place, and it is overall dirty, with a few upstairs rooms relatively clean and neat. I got along well with Richard Hatch the manager perhaps because we had some similiar army experiences. He can be very abrasive. His asian manager is hard to understand, but is nice. I wouldn't send any money in advance, and would only try to get a room in person. There are fridge and microwaves in most units and for weekly/monthly rentals are nice when you want to skip a meal at a restaurant. Tipping the housekleaners I got a little better service. If you can climb stairs, the units on the north side, second floor are the best. Try hard not to get Hatch into a violent temper...Go somewhere else if you want to critize, best to look over a room first and then decide if you want to save some money over other rates in town. Last time I was there, many of the renters were unemployed and were of a type you don't usually see in even an "average" motel.

Room Tip: North side, second floor are better
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
#4 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Desert Rancho Motel? Share your experiences!