“ok place to stay”

Travelers Inn
Travelers Inn
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Bullhead City
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I recently spent two months in this motel along with 3-4 fellow workers here on a contract job. The management was helpful and reasonable on rates due to our extended stay. The rooms were clean and the equipment in them worked well as expected. I have in past years stayed in this establishment and would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Travelers Inn

Reviewed 15 February 2010

Not even close to being worth the $55 I paid for the room, and if you have any complaints, management has no interest in resolving them. (A refund is completely out of the question ... even if you simply walked into the room and walked out.)

The carpet was dirty, the mattress was harder than a sidewalk, and when I explained that I don't sleep well on extra-firm mattresses and asked for my money back, they kept showing me more and more rooms containing mattresses with about the same rigid firmness. They even managed to insult me -- "I've never had this complaint. Maybe you just shouldn't go away from home."

I finally found a so-so mattress at a nearby hotel they also owned, but the next morning, about an hour before checkout, my bathroom ran out of toilet paper and I stepped into the hall to request another roll from the person who was cleaning the rooms. The same guy who'd shown me endless rooms the night before refused to replace the roll, saying, "You're checking out today anyway."

Never again! (And don't believe any management claim that "We're very sorry and we've since taken care of the problem." Only if they sold the hotel!)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank Upon_Further_Review
Reviewed 16 January 2010

This had to be the worst motel experience ever. My partner and I were never more disgusted by the attitude of the staff or the accommodations a place in all of our travels. Shame on AAA for recommending them.

We would have stayed anywhere else if we would have seen the previous reviews before we checked in. But we learned the hard way, and had a very creepy night.

We arrived really late, sometime after midnight, from a really great New Years in Vegas and wanted to travel around. Got to Bullhead and called AAA for a good place to stay. They gave us this place. So we arrived, bottomed out the bottom of the car just pulling into the driveway, and went to check in. Immediately got bad vibes and rude service from the clerk. Asked for a single bed and was given a room with two, and by the lack of cars in the parking lot, they weren't out of them. Then was told some outrages fee for the night, which we paid because we were so tired and just wanted to sleep.

Got to the room and turned on the lights, big mistake. We asked for a non-smoking room, but by the yellow nicotine stains on all the walls, they really don't enforce that. The room had an unusual odor, which wasn't very pleasant. When the heater was turned on it made a smell like it was gonna burning. So we went without heat, and the blankets they have on the bed suck, so we froze.

The bathroom would be a CSI's nightmare. Mold all in the shower, blood splatters on the door, stains around the toilet. And who knows what was there we couldn't see. EWWWWW

We tried to just get some sleep and leave early in the morning, but when we finally closed our eyes, there was some woman making odd sounds next door. And it sounded like somebody had come into the hallway from outside and stop at our door. CREEPY!!!

After what seemed like an endless/restless night, that was actually only about five hours, we got up and just wanted to run outta that place. We went to the front desk to give them the key and was told by another rude clerk to just leave it on the counter, like she didn't want to touch it. As we went to our car, we saw the night clerk race to the room we stayed in, probably to see if we stole anything. But we wouldn't want anything out of that room, even if someone paid us a million bucks to take it. We saw him look out of the window at us as we were leaving. And once again severely scraping the bottom of the car going out the only driveway they have.

SO I WARN ALL POTENTIAL GUESTS THAT ARE THINKING ABOUT THIS PLACE - DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE OR SLEEP IN YOUR CAR, YOU WILL HAVE A BETTER NIGHTS REST.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 5150JOKER
Reviewed 10 January 2010

First off, there's only one entrance into the parking lot which scraped the hell out of the bottom of my Prius (and it's not non-stock or lowered) going both ways in or out. Second, the management was hostile towards me and my partner and would not rent us a single bedroom room, contrary to my request. He treated us like criminals and immediately went to inspect the room as we were walking towards our car to leave. No, he raced towards the room like he thought we trashed it or something.

Now for the room itself. EWWW EWWW EWW EWW EWWWWWW! My skin crawls thinking about it. If we weren't on such a tight budget and weren't desperately tired, we would have walked immediately out. For starters we had asked a non-smoking room, yet room wreaked of cigarette ash. We turned on all the lights and were horrified at how filthy the place was. The walls were stained yellow with nicotine or something else. There was blood splattered on the inside of bathroom door. The shower had black mold growing in it (likely toxic). There were women screaming from some nearby room (we don't want to know what that was about). The heater smelled like it would catch fire, so we turned it off and froze all night. Also, there was no secondary locks on the door for security or privacy from hotel workers (if there are any). Lastly we even suspect the manager was spying on us because right after we entered our room next to the hallway entrance (the closest one to the office)--and mind you there no other guests behind us--we heard the outer door open and close and foot steps in the hallway pause outside our door. What kind of nasty disgusting place is this? Even the towels weren't clean with big black smudges or stains that looked like they had been run over by a bunch of cars and black rubber marks on them. I've never seen anything like this in my life, even in the worst parts of the worst towns in Southern California. Absolutely will never return and will not accept apologies from management for the kind of treatment we received. This place needs to be shut down and gutted and management replaced.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Xapplimatic
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I can't understand why trip adviser even has them on their site. We were told the room they gave us was at the end of the hall because we had a dog. My dog was cleaner than the room. Very very noisy with traffic. They gave us a room with a double bed, if you can call it that. I felt sick as soon as we stepped into the room. It was late a night and they wouldn't return our money. Was told that there was a continental breakfast! What a joke. There was coffee put into the hallway when I asked where the breakfast was and a tray with old shrivelled sweet buns in plastic wrap sealed up. Please think twice before booking a room. You will be wasting your money and will be utterly dissapointed.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy T
Reviewed 29 November 2009

We asked for extra towels and pillows when we first arrived and were told to buy some a Wal-Mart. They had non-refundable signs all over the front desk. This should have been our warning sign. The beds were hard, the bath tub didn't drain properly, and the hot water faucet was faulty. You could hear the traffic all night long. It would have been better to pay the extra $10-20 to stay somewhere else so that one could actually sleep. This place will not be in business much longer. They do not understand good customer service and appeared to only care about the money.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GtgArizona
Reviewed 21 January 2009

I will never stay in this Hotel again! There were holes in the carpet, Cockroaches crawling around, and the overall atmosphere left much to be desired!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ct8fan
Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Travelers Inn? Share your experiences!