“Beyond Cheap”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Nevada Club Inn

Nevada Club Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bullhead City
Nevada Club Inn
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Bullhead City
Yuma, Arizona
“Beyond Cheap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We had business in Bullhead City and only needed a place to sleep for one night. The casinos were either booked or very expensive due to a tournament going on in Laughlin. We opted to stay here based on the fact that it was rated 2nd out of 5 hotels. We would have been better staying in our car. This hotel was not only in need of repairs and renovation the customer service has a lot to be desired. We were charged a key deposit fee of $10 and told when the key was returned we would be refunded. It's been 3 weeks and I am still waiting for the refund on our cc account. I've tried calling to question the refund and no one is available at the front desk. I've tried calling several different times. The rooms are very old and the beds were so lumpy sleeping on the floor might have been more comfortable. We have traveled all over the world and this type of hotel is something I would have expected in a third world country not Bullhead City, AZ.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank imdbh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Montecito
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

I run a 5 star hotel. My wife and I are use to comfort and don’t mind paying for it, but some times we stay at the mom and pop hotels for comparison. We went to this one because there was a river float event and this hotel was very close to where we were to start the float. When we arrived it is a quaint little hotel a block off the main highway an older building with no elevators. We entered to see a couple yelling at the front desk clerk that the bed was broke in their room. She kept smiling and said she would check it; she left and was back in less than 5 minutes. She said she could find nothing wrong with the bed. The man then started yelling that was not the “real” problem he said the room was filthy. She said hold on a minute went in back and then said again she would be right back. She again came back and said the room is clean that she had checked it herself. They continued to yell at her and at that point another lady came out from the back area and smiled asked the two to please calm down and what could she do to make them happy or assist them. They told her the bed was broke and the room was filthy. She smiled and asked the other girl if she had checked the room and was told yes. The man was yelling the entire time and the lady was even louder saying you should have showed us the room before you rented it to us. The second lady explained that she was the manager and that she would be happy to show them some other rooms and they could pick the one they liked. The lady then yelled no we have found a cheaper place and we want a refund. The manager explained that they had a 72 hour cancellation policy for special events and she could not refund their money because they had found a cheaper place. I almost started to laugh as my hotel has a 72 hour cancellation policy and we don’t refund unless there is a real issue with the room and we cannot move them because we are full. Almost any well versed traveler knows all hotels have cancellation policies. The couple continued yelling at the manager and refused to look at any rooms and then threatened her. She calmly asked them to calm down and stated she understood they were upset. They continued to yell and said they would call the police and that they were going to tell every person coming in to leave and they turned to my wife and I, and said leave this place it’s horrible. We sat down on the couch at that point to watch…The manager asked them very nicely to leave and not continue to disturb their guests. They continued yelling and accosting customers and finally the manager picked up the phone and said if you don’t stop I will have not choice but to call the police. They then threatened her further. I would have already had them removed and arrested at my property but found this exchange very interesting. She called the police and then the couple went out on the front entry and started accosting every customer who drove up to leave. There were some men playing cards out there and one asked what was wrong and the guy told him that the manager was a thief and they were waiting for the police. The police showed up and talked to the couple and then came in to speak to the manager who was checking us in at that point. She kept apologizing for the couple out front. The officer said they are obviously disturbing the peace and disorderly conduct would you like them arrested? I was surprised to hear the manager tell the officer please no not if we can resolve it or try to make them happy. I would have had them hauled off to jail. After much discussion the manager offered to give them the best room they had with a full kitchen at the same price if that would make them happy. The officer said you know they will not be happy no matter what you do. She smiled and said I know but I have to try. So they stayed but as I watched clerk waking them down the hall to the other room I could hear them cursing out the manager, who apologized again for the scene. She checked us in and I notice it was the same room number that the commotion was about. I was very impressed at the calm professional demeanor of this lady after being threatened and having to call the police but still wanting to make the customer at least satisfied if not happy. We went to our room and it was clean, smelled fresh, the bed was fine. It is an older hotel but you could tell the linen was clean (first thing my wife always does is pull back bed and look at the sheets). Our stay was very nice and the customer service was exceptional. As we were leaving for dinner we saw the manager moving another guest who was not happy with a room he said the air conditioner was not working. As the young guys moved rooms they took the refrigerator out of the room they moved from along with the linen to the new room. The manager calmly explained that they could move the fridge or take the linen, but that she would personally bring them more linen if they would like. We could smell alcohol on the young guys as they walked by. When we walked by the room they were moving out of, my wife commented you could feel the cold air coming out the door so they must just be “those kind of guests”.

The description of this hotel online is honest. It says a historic building in the heart of Bullhead. Any well versed traveler knows this mans it is an older hotel. It does need upgrades and remodeled, but the staff was great, the room was clean, we swam in the pool which is properly maintained. I watched a gruff older man clean and test it when I was waiting for my wife in the morning before the float. Location is good not on the highway but close if you want to go to Laughlin for a movie and dinner as we did. . I heard the manager telling a customer that she had just taken over and was working on the property. We will stay there again if we are in Bullhead. I wish I could have had my staff to watch how these two ladies handled these customers. I have been in the business for over 30 years and I learned something. The casinos in Laughlin were charging 250+ a night for these nights I paid 89.95..great value.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Clint J
Riverside, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

this hotel also provides housing for low incom families. kids are playing everywhere. They family living in the room across from us had 2-3 chihuahuas in their that barked all night, there was a scary gangster guy walking his pitbulls down the hallway at night. we only stayed 1 night, we couldn't get out of there fast enough!! has a dirty ashtray smell throughout...never ever ever again!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank miranda j

Travellers are raving about these Bullhead City hotels

Menifee, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

We came in at 3pm and it was hot outside. It was nice and cool in the lobby. Then we got to our room and the heat and reek were offensive. It must have been over 100 degrees and smelled of pine and death. I could smell animals and smoke beneath the cleaning chemicals. The air conditioner did not work. We were moved to a second room. The air still did not work. And there was no plug for the mini fridge without carrying it across the room. We moved again. The third room had a nice new air unit but still much too small. The room is still warm 4 hours later. We got ready for bed and found blood stains and hair on the sheets. Lots of hair. My God, so foul. Both beds. We got new sheets but we had to strip and make the beds ourselves. The toilet is running, yes I am here as I write this review. The pool is very cloudy, you cannot see the bottom. The spa has no water, except for the mud and sludge at the bottom. In rm 2 the tv was broken. In any room the fridge being plugged in, often kills the air conditioner. This place is ready to be demolished. People actually LIVE in this dump if that tells you anything. The live here like the projects for about 150 dollars a week and have pets here. This is a welfare slum. Please enjoy your stay. Bring sheets, bed bug spray, disinfectant, a scented candle, and a good fan. The young girl working here tried her best. She gets a star. As we walked out to go buy a decent pillow, the manager was refusing to refund an irate new customer, and actually called the police to have the poor woman escorted off the property. This woman had just checked in and was appalled by the conditions. She was treated very badly, and really should have been given a refund, regardless of policy.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank DamianShane
Bullhead City, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

i showed up with no notice and a large dog. The staff were friendly and responsive to my needs. My air conditioning went out and it was repaired promptly I stayed here for almosty two months and have only ne minor complaint..

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Bullhead City, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

ok other then the review was still prity up to date they upgraded to a 90'sish look with the place its been about 2 weeks of no room servise and the pool is not being cleaned the spa dont work no mini fridge the microwave is in the main lobby if you see the card thay have saying all thats there dont think thats whet your geting the only good thing isthat there are some nice people here the price goes from 150 to 170 a week with a 20$ pet dep. and 10$ on your payment if there is a pet i dont thing anyone should stay here unless they are looking to be dissaponted

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Four Corners
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2008

Made a one nite reservation with this hotel on our way home from Las Vegas, NV. Big mistake! Upon arriving to the motel, we noticed the parking lot pavement broken up (first sign) of what was to come. When went to check-in, had to wait awhile, while waiting I noticed the manager was rude to others checking in (second sign). After checking in, we were given a key to our room. With the luck we were having,once we walked through the hotels main doors, the keys that were handed to us didn't open the room door. I had to let the manager know about the door not opening. He thought I was lying and told me to try again. Again I went down the stairs and told the manager the keys didn't open the door (third sign). I told him to try it himself. Up he went and tryed the door and it didn't open for him either. Down I went for another key to another room. Ha haa, the key worked for this room. What a surprise to see the worst room I ever saw in my life. It had the furnishing from the early 70's. And the beds were the worst. Very uncomfortable. With my back problem I knew, I was not going to sleep well. As we got settled and ready for bed, I pulled the sheets back, oh my! there was hair and yellow stains on the bed (fourth sign). By then I was pretty [-] mad. I again went down stairs (no elevator) to complain. There at the desk was another guy. I told him about the sheets being dirty, he then called the manager ( who was up in one of the rooms) Informing the desk clerk that he will be down in about five minutes. Well I waited the five minutes, with the luck I was haveing he was taking his sweet time getting there. In the mean time my tired family was waiting up in the room. I proceeded to ask the desk clerk the five minutes were up, and to call him again. At this point I was beyond being mad (if there is such a thing). What made it worse was the desk clerk laughed at me when I told him about the dirty sheets and if it has happened before. The manager finally came down assuring me the sheet are changed after each visit. He made me feel again, that I was lying about the sheets being dirty. The manager and I came into the room and I showed him the yellow stains and the hairs on the sheet. "I dont's see it" was his reponse. All we wanted was CLEAN sheets. He then insisted they were clean and nothing was wrong with them. All we wanted WAS CLEAN SHEETS. Then he started to blame the linen company that took care of hotels laundry. By then, I had it. I told him I didn't want to stay this hotel (and other thing). I knew there were no other hotel room available since it was the fourth. We drove to Kingman and found a very cozy room there. And had a very good nite sleep. So travelers beware.

• Liked — None
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Lodge on the River
Lodge on the River
#4 of 14 in Bullhead City
Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall

Been to Nevada Club Inn? Share your experiences!