“Lackluster Visit...Guess I expected more???”

Days Inn Bullhead City
Days Inn Bullhead City
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Bullhead City
Silverdale, Washington
“Lackluster Visit...Guess I expected more???”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed May 27, 2014. When you book Best Western you ponder in your mind that this should be higher end than Motel 6, Super 8 who pride themselves on low cost and no frills. This building is practically the same format and probably would have considered something else if I had known. Guess most of the hotels in Bullhead City are similar. We were on the backside of the hotel so we had a view of two low end hotels...wonderful! We even got to listen to a group of men sitting in the parking lot drink beer for at least 4 hours and the entire time we were in the pool...which was nice! The breakfast fit the bill in the morning so this was not a problem either! This location is only a short distance from the bridge that takes you into Laughlin, NV so you can blow all your money on the slots. It is on the main road so it is easy access to places to eat and shop. Rooms were typical low end deals. Did have a small frig that worked but the freezer part was broke. What can I say...a 3 rating for me is adequate if you don't expect anything special.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pieterlen
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We felt very comfortable at this place. The rooms are nicely furnished and it's a quiet location. Breakfast was okay. The pool and the jaccuzzi stay open until late at night. Especially one man at reception was very kind and gave us good advices in regards of a fine restaurant and where to find a tire shop. Thanks again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sisters, Oregon
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We selected this hotel when we drove by. We received excellent front desk customer service and the room was very comfortable, clean, well maintained and reasonably priced. Location was good too and very quiet. Complimentary breakfast was good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Idaho Falls, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have stayed at this location a number of times and have never been disappointed. We finally got in the pool and hot tub and enjoyed every minute of it. It was very well maintained and clean. Seemed as though it was a little cool but realized that the air temp was 110deg. and the water felt just right. Even got a room upgrade because it was my birthday. Will go there again!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed one night at this establishment on a recent road trip thru western Arizona. We originally planned on doing the Laughlin thing but we really like the park at your door convenience. The room was clean and comfortable. One strange thing was that the office was out front by the street and the rooms were all in the back. One benefit was no road noise. The staff was courteous. Discount for active military, AARP and AAA.

Room Tip: The staff recommended Earls Castle for breakfast, I'd recommend you go somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Let me first start by saying that the people in the lobby, I assume be the owners, were extremely helpful, courteous and with every intention of making your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. The hotel itself is quite clean and contained most of the items you would need when away from home. Basically have a Best Western property at a 2 1/2 to 3 star level.

For me this is where it will get a bit tricky. Firstly the hotel is located in a poor neighborhood and I can easily understand people not feeling safe in such an environment. I personally did not wish to wander the streets of dark and had some concerns about the welfare of my car.

Secondly the walls of the group are, or appeared to be, very thin and came with all the associated problems with being such. Not only could L hear much of what was going on in the rooms on either side of me but assumed that they could equally well hear me and felt that my privacy was not intact. It was for that reason that I only put the TV on at appropriate times and at a level that would not interfere with my fellow guests, tended to flush toilet or use the shower only when I felt that the occupants of the other rooms were likely to be awake and, all in all, tended to tiptoe around the room in a manner I would not normally do. It was because of this that I never really felt comfortable in my room or able to fully relax. It also has to be noted that I felt that some of the occupants were there for extended stays or living there permanently one reason or another.
I understand that this situation is hard for the owners and manager to do much about. The hotel was situate where it is situated and short of re-modelling every room with thicker walls there was little else they can do.
So to sum up. Nice enough hotel (the little pricey given the neighborhood) helpful and courteous staff, clean rooms well-maintained by the maid service which sadly did nothing to remove the feeling of being unsafe or having sufficient privacy.
Photo added to show hotel and neighborhood.

Room Tip: Find the room with the thickest walls !~!~
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank wilkesworld
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Best Western in Bullhead City is convenient to many points of interest. The location is only a few minutes from the fun & shows in Laughlin, NV. Location is on accessible highway that leads to many AZ attractions. It presented a surprisingly good breakfast, too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Days Inn Bullhead City? Share your experiences!