“I love my spa experiences here & continue to return”

Waldorf Astoria Spa
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Carefree
More attraction details
Owner description: Restore your body and mind at the Waldorf Astoria Spa. Our 33,000-square-foot spa offers stimulating revitalization through the art of massage, therapeutic baths, and refreshing treatments. Beautifully infused with ingredients from the desert environment, treatments created over 50 years expertly applied. Before and after your treatment, unwind in locker rooms that instill a heightened sense of peace. Lounge and detoxify in steam rooms, saunas, and the O'furo, a traditional Japanese bath. Allow time for meditation in our signature labyrinth. Sip a rejuvenating drink in our circular tea room, while enjoying vibrant desert vistas. Recline alongside the heated swimming pool nestled against ancient boulders.
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My first visit here was just great. I love the niwas with great steam room, soaking tub, sauna, showers & tea room. It is truly relaxing & well done. The waiting area before your treatments is a beautiful sun room where you can relax indoors or outdoors taking in the view of the rocks. I love the fresh vegetable snacks & dried fruit offered. The spa services here have been impressive. Yes, they have a price tag to them, but is a splurge that you will not be disappointed in.
My first visit here I was booked with a massage, then an aurevedic treatment the next day. During my 2nd day treatment, I decided to add on another treatment then another...I was in such bliss of pamperedness that I didn't want to leave! I have visited the area again & continue to go back for the Thai massage...wow...Anyway, I have had a few different types of services here & have been really impressed by them all.
I will also mention that the fitness classes offered are top notch. The instructors are excellent, rooms well equipped & the classes well done.
I plan on visiting the spa as much as my time/budget will allow & highly recommend a visit here wether you are staying at the resort or nearby.

2  Thank Kellie Z

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Very expensive for a satisfactory but perfunctory massage. Need to take a shuttle to get there. More crowded than resort because the public can access it.

Shannon L, Manager at Waldorf Astoria Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Waldorf Astoria Spa we are truly sadden by your less than favorable experience and regret the disappointments you encountered. The 33,000 square foot spa provides pampering and renewed energy including many relaxing amenities. We thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I returned to the Golden Door Spa at the Boulders after one year because my experience last year was so wonderful. Once again, I am grateful to these folks for providing such a fabulous afternoon. Aaron gave the second best massage of my life; the best was last year's because it was the first! And the staff at the cafe were so kind in making me feel comfortable and relaxed. The minted fresh lemonade is the perfect drink after a work out or a massage. Many massage and spa experiences are expensive and turn out to be so so. One often regrets spending the money on such things. But this was truly an excellent value, expensive and worth every penny. I plan to return on my next trip to Phoenix.

1  Thank Markey2
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I am just adding my raving review to the many before me. I enjoyed wonderful massage treatments, but the most impressive part are the facilities - gorgeous!!! Even if you don't want to pay for a treatment, at least go and enjoy the beautiful gym, outdoor pool with hot tub, the wet areas inside the locker rooms (sauna, steam room, Japanese pool, resting room). It all is blissful, and well serviced.

2  Thank TravelandLearn_11
Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

Wonderful spa at the Waldorf Resort.
Good gym, classes, treatment options, restaurant and pool area.
Very attentive and professional staff

1  Thank Susyabbo