“Very good yoga class”

Waldorf Astoria Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Carefree
More attraction details
Owner description: Restore your body and mind at the Waldorf Astoria Spa. Our 33,000-square-foot spa offers stimulating revitalization through the art of massage, therapeutic baths, and refreshing treatments. Beautifully infused with ingredients from the desert environment, treatments created over 50 years expertly applied. Before and after your treatment, unwind in locker rooms that instill a heightened sense of peace. Lounge and detoxify in steam rooms, saunas, and the O'furo, a traditional Japanese bath. Allow time for meditation in our signature labyrinth. Sip a rejuvenating drink in our circular tea room, while enjoying vibrant desert vistas. Recline alongside the heated swimming pool nestled against ancient boulders.
Tokyo
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Very good yoga class”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Overall, I was not impressed by the spa. I have been to many others and this was not as good as others in other countries, eg Thailand, Japan, Israel, Hungary. Food was lousy, as was waitress's attitude. I did like the free yoga class and instructor very much, however.

Visited August 2013

Scottsdale, Arizona
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Nice massage, unique atmosphere, huge price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I live in Scottsdale so I've had many work occasions to go to The Boulders. I selected the spa for a girls weekend because of the book '1,000 places to see before you die.'

It was nice but as I reflect back there wasn't anything memorable to separate it in my mind from when I wen to The Sanctuary, Four Seasons or even the Desert Ridge J.W. Marriott.

PS: if I need a massage in Scottsdale or 'Carefree' I'm choosing JW Marriott for price, location and service! Then Sanctuary because of the tranquility and access to their interesting edgeless pool.

Visited October 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
330 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 246 helpful votes
“Mixed Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

My 3 friends and I go to a spa for both a great massage and the spa experience and we go often. The massages were fabulous, some of the best we ever had. However, the experience was not quite up to our expectations. The set up is a bit odd and confusing to navigate. One relaxation room only has 4 lounge chairs, quite small. The tea room, where you wait to be picked up for your appointment, is very bright and has many padded chairs but no lounge chairs--not very relaxing. I don't recall any calming music. There was some lovely tea and flavored water and dried fruit in both rooms. The spa cafe was also very noisy with the blender constantly grinding and disrupting our mellow feeling after our massages. The food was fine but we would not ever go back to this cafe.

Visited July 2013
pa
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Great spa but beware”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Spent two days at the spa. First day had a 80 minute massage and left calm, relaxed and feeling wonderful. Customer service was great the spa itself was all it was suppose to be. On second day had couple treatments and a repeat massage it was there signature massage. Very different from previous day. Therapist was rough and when left spa had neck pain and numbness on my arm. After three days it all resolved. Have never had this type of issue, have had many massages suspect the therapist caused muscle spasms. Did let spa manager know of my problem. She was polite but dismissive- ie did not happen here. So I would say beware. Can not recall gentleman's name but he caused me to lose few days of vacation due to pain. On top of that the price for the massage was quite hefty to have such an outcome

Visited January 2013
1 Thank tazmania630
Warren, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Golf!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

This is by far one of my favorite places to golf because of the views. I have had the privledge to play at some fantastic courses for work but this continues to be my favorite. Course is fun to play but the views of the boulders are breath taking.

Visited May 2012