We arrived for a short 2 night stay at the end of our 3.5 week trip to California and Arizona. Just driving through the gates to the main lodge makes you know you are in a very special place.
Booked using HH points and we received upgrade and vouchers due to being Diamond members. Got a great room on the edge of the South Course 6th Green and saw quail, gecko's and rabbits in the first 10 minutes, then we got lucky and the resident bobcat trotted across the green towards us.
Service is top of the line with all staff using your name and are attentive without being over-present. Just right.
Pool area is stunning and nice and quite for us. We dined at the Palo Verde restaurant and again service was first class and the meal fantastic. Played golf on the South Course and it was difficult but the score did not matter when playing somewhere like this.
Our room was also first class and whilst some may complain about little issues, we think this is people wanting to look for faults. This place is built around the desert, working with it to produce a unique resort and in our view must be in the top 3 in the world.
We regretted spending time at other hotels on our trip when we could have spent more time here. We will be back next year for 1-2 weeks of pure relaxation, top of the line service, great golf and spa and the most stunning setting of a hotel we have ever seen.
As said by a previous poster, put this on the 'must do' list.
One question for Trip Advisor - Can we have at least a '7 circle' rating for all the options just for this resort?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a secluded haven amid the natural splendor of painted desert sand, towering cacti, and clear, blue sky - The Boulders. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boulders, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Carefree
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Carefree
- The Boulders Resort And Golden Door Spa
- Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection By Hilton Carefree, Arizona
- The Boulders Resort Luxury
- Boulder Arizona