“Great local place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Big House Cafe
Ranked #3 of 116 Restaurants in Casa Grande
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Great local place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Good food, good service. The pulled pork sandwich I ordered was delicious. Oh, yes! Great prices.

Visited March 2012

arizona
“I LOVE This Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We eat here A LOT. So we have had a variety of service and food issues, but it hasn't stopped us from returning. Folks, you have to expect it. Really. There is not one perfect place in the world that can please everyone every time. Yes, sometimes the service is slow, but the place is always busy and it is completely understandable. That's the sign of a good restraunt~ people standing around waiting for a table, good homemade food, and waitresses hustling to get everything everyone needs.

The food is very good. We mostly go for breakfast because I HAVE to have my French Toast once or twice a week at least! The Albequerque is the perfect mix of flavors with potatoes, beans, eggs, red or green sauce (both of which are GREAT) and a tortilla. My other favorite is the Stacked Enchiladas which reminds me of Huevos Rancheros. Serving sizes are large and perfect! Their coffee is excellent and always hot.

Lunch we have had soup and sandwhiches, tacos, and briskit. All have been very good.

For dinner I usually have the Friday night fish fry and which is really good.

Overall this restraunt is a great addition to this town and there should be more like this one around here. The wait staff are very nice. I have never been treated badly by an of them, and I have never seen them treat anyone else badly either. A lot of restraunts could learn a few things from this restraunt. I highly recommend it!

Visited April 2012
3 Thank tripnut1
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Had high hopes for a great local cafe, was disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

After hearing that The Big House Cafe was the best local diner in town, my boyfriend and I were excited to try it for lunch. The food was very disappointing. Our salad had old lettuce. I ordered pasta and the sauce was very bland. On the opposite end of the spectrum my boyfriends brisket was extremely salty and he is a salt lover. He couldn't take one bite without having to follow it with a big drink of water. When our waitress was politely informed of the over-salted beef she kind of froze and then awkwardly apologized and walked away. She did not even say something like "let me see what I can do." A few minutes later she came back and said that the chef said he would make a new order on the house but by that time we were ready to leave. She then again handled our response awkwardly and walked away. With our check she then brought a piece of paper wait-staff uses to take orders on with hand written on it "good for one free meal" and an unreadable signature on it. Well we would have rather not paid for the brisket that no one could eat but we thanked her and left. When my boyfriend decided to give Big House one more try he returned with the scrap paper just to be questioned by the staff about who had given it to him and it was when he said that it wasn't worth it to him to got through all that for a replacement meal and was just going to leave without ordering anything, that they gave him a soup and sandwich.
On a brighter side he brought home the chicken noodle soup which was very good. Maybe their breakfast is better, or maybe their normal chef was gone the day of our visit, but we thought that the waitress could have responded a little better and appeared so unsure of what to do with the situation. We haven't sworn the place off because it appears many others have had a different experience but we aren't turned on to the idea of going back anytime soon.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sunangel2389
Fishers, Indiana
“Great for Breakfast or Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

Every town needs a place like this. Locally run. Great Home cooking. Generous sized portions. Very reasonably priced. My wife and I live in Casa Grande and often visit Big House Cafe for breakfast or lunch.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Down home resturant with excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

This little resturant is a must do -- the service & food are excellent. It's in an old building with tin cielings, and antique artifiacts along the walls. Everything is home made, and the sandwiches are to die for!! One breakfast i had french toast that was made from a baquet, sliced into pieces. It was an experience i had never had before, nor since. The prices are good and the food is like no other. When we return to Casa Grande in the spring, it will be a stop for us at least 2-3 times for either breakfast or lunch. It is well worth the trip and expericned.

• Visited September 2011