“Whst a hidden gem”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

What a great place to eat. This place was packed at 1:30 in the afternoon. Had a great pastrami sandwich. Coleslaw was fantastic. Cinnamon rolls are really good.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We always come here for breakfast!! Good food, good service, and affordable. It is packed on weekend mornings but you can call and reserve ahead of time.

It is a small area, thus Cafe! They have their back patio open if you have a big group or just want a different atmosphere. My favorite are the French toast bites. It is not your usual French toast and they use corn flakes to give the outside a crunch ;-)

Pls stop by and give it a try!!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I spend some time in Casa Grande with my in-laws and really hate to frequent the chains. So when a good friend was coming down for a quick lunch I checked some of the local restaurants online and found Big House Cafe. I noticed on the menu, quite a choice of items with green chile. Both my lunch partner and I being from New Mexico (we put green chile on everything) were somewhat skeptical of the green chile offerings. Most places outside of New Mexico that offer green chile are not good; it usually resembles green bell peppers, tasteless and heatless. I ordered the eggs, beans, and potatoes breakfast smothered in green chile sauce. The sauce was tasty, but it needs more heat for this New Mexican. I'm sure it's tough considering you could potentially kill a Snowbird with the heat generated from a chile sauce. My wife is from Minnesota, so I know all about that. Maybe offer a "hot" chile as well? Just an idea. I also ordered a Green Chile pancake. Now, I say we put chile on everything, but pancake is a new one for me. My curiosity was piqued so I had to try it. It was very good; I love the savory sweet combo and am disappointed I haven't thought of this combo on my own. I made pancakes today and added green chile and cheese. Big House chef, if you are reading, try it with cheese, you will love it. My buddy had the chicken fried chicken and eggs. The chicken fry was delicious, well-seasoned, crunchy, and impressive in size. I had just a couple bites, but I think I know what I'm going to order next time I go. Both meals were served with chunky fried potatoes, or home fries, just the way I like it. Hash browns are for IHOP, this place does it right. I later found out the owners are from Albuquerque, so this whole menu makes much more sense now. I'm from Burque myself and am glad to know these folks are representing the 505. Keep it up Big House Cafe; take chile, New Mexico style to the masses! As Arnold once said, "I'll be back."

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Heard lots of good words about the fish fry here at big house. We were disappointed as it was a very average
Meal. The wait staff were very helpful and first class
Sorry the Fish was not...

1  Thank Cochisz
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We ate here for the first time just a little while ago (we're snowbirds) and we'll be going back soon. They have an awesome menu and really, really good food. Prices are good, too. Bring your appetite as the portions are quite large and I noticed a number of folks leaving with a doggy bag.