“Good budget motel option”

Motel 6 Casa Grande
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Casa Grande
london
“Good budget motel option”
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Motel 6 is a good budget option with no surprises. We stopped here for one night only and found it to be one of the more recently refurbished Motel 6 properties. The night staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. The room was warm, clean and spacious. For a budget motel this is a good option.

We asked for a room away from the freeway and were duly obliged, the internet worked and the bed was comfy.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pet267

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Zion National Park, Utah
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Don't stay at this hotel. There are much better deals in Tuscon and Phoenix, and much nicer places to stay in Casa Grande. There was only one small towel in the room. We called the front desk to ask for more, but none were brought. Water from the shower sprayed all over the bathroom and The tiny TV only had about 15 stations. After paying way to much for a dank room with one small bed, the icing on the cake was additional charge for internet. The sign read WiFI. This was the first time I have ever been charged extra for it out side of Las Vegas. Worst value for money.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chocolatelover3

Travellers are raving about these Casa Grande hotels

Hickory, NC
Reviewed 14 May 2010

This was hands down the nastiest motel we have ever stayed in. I have reported it to Motel 6 and they issued me a refund for our stay and are sending people out to investigate. There was mold throughout the bathroom, the peeling walls, dirty towels, the beds were shabbily made and I won't even tell you the vermin that were probably growing in those mattresses. Blech! My husband woke up in the middle of the night with something poking him and actually pulled a hangar out from under the mattress pad. A hangar!!! I wonder when the last time all the sheets were completely changed was....actually, I'm happier not knowing. We all woke up sick and I refused to let my family walk around barefoot. We didn't bother showering in the nastiness that was that bathroom as the idea of getting clean in there seemed rather redundant. I wouldn't wish this motel on anyone!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank dcholland
Boston, MA
Reviewed 27 June 2009

At $35/night, I thought this place was a great value. It's basic - just a bed, TV (with about 15 channels), and bathroom - but spacious, quiet and clean. There's an outside pool and plenty of free parking. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. No closet, shampoo/conditioner, hair dryer, wi-fi or business center, continental breakfast or coffee/tea. There's a restaurant next door that's not affiliated w/ the motel, but I didn't try it. There's also an Arby's across the street & a Subway down the street. I would totally recommend this motel for anyone who needs to stay in the area and just wants a clean, cheap room for a couple nights.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank kamaaina_cutie
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 2 January 2008

In town for a family get together. Hotel arrangements we set in place by someone else, so we took what we got when we arrived. It was a typical motel, definitely mediocre in every way. My wife and I travel often, usually making hotel plans online - this was a new experience of letting someone else make motel plans for us. In a nutshell, Motel 6 Casa Grand (Eloy) is just old and not kept up to the higher quality that modern motel chains utilize to attract customers. We knew we were in trouble when we were the only customers in the lobby and it took us about 25 minutes just to get a room key due the incompetent employees working the front desk.

PROS:
Close to I-10
Restaurant & Gas very close
Fairly cheap, but you get what you pay for
New shower head (best thing about the room)

CONS:
25 minutes wasted upon check-in, unknowledgeable employees
No High Speed internet, No Wi-Fi (This is 2008 right?)
Dial up internet data port (what is that?)
1 King bed reserved, 1 Queen delivered upon reaching the room
No facial tissues in room
Broken bathroom door (wouldn't close)
TV volume would only turn down to a fairly loud minimum volume, making it hard to watch TV if someone else sleeps.
Old, thin sheets
No free continental breakfast

The biggest need for this hotel is some type of Wi-Fi or High Speed Internet Connection in every room. We never travel without internet access because you never know if you'll need directions, info, etc. and you need reliable info fast to maximize your time.

Overall - the stay at Motel 6 Casa Grande (Eloy) was mediocre at best - we have stayed in worse but usually they are half the cost. I would not recommend it until some major things change.

• Liked — Shower head was new, Close to I-10
  • Disliked — No High Speed Internet, Incompetent Employees
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MHammond77
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Casa Grande
Super 8 Eloy
Super 8 Eloy
#4 of 5 in Eloy

Been to Motel 6 Casa Grande? Share your experiences!