“Nice place, nice town”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Casa Grande
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice place, nice town”
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I went to Casa Grande to see friends. It's a pleasant desert town about 30 minutes south of Phoenix.
Reception was friendly, the staff were relaxed and funny. They gave me good advice about where to find the best Mexican food in town.
The room was smaller than I'd expected but well-equipped for an extended stay. It faced the rear of the motel and was, for the most part, absolutely quiet.
As always when cooking, beware of setting off the smoke alarm(s). It's easy to do.
The motel was situated just off the main street but was a little overpriced. The "suite" was not one, it had no sofa or separate living area. It was a room with cooking facilities.
Cleanliness was excellent and housekeeping staff cheerful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank linds4516

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Elk Grove, CA
Reviewed 23 April 2011

We stayed in a very clean hotel room with all the amenities.The bed was very comfortable just like mine at home.Everything we needed in the bathroom was excellent quality,towels were soft smelled great.
It was so nice to have a room with such pretty furniture and arranged intelligently.The coffee and tea service was easy to use and tasty.
We liked having a place to park our car right next to our room so carrying our bags was
not a big deal.
The quick breakfast was tasty and nutritious also plenty to satisfy our morning needs.
We felt a warm welcome from the staff ,from check in (quick and painless) to groundskeeper to maidservice. We look forward to staying here again and will look for
other Mainstay Suites as we travel in the future. Muchas Gracias!

Room Tip: ask for the ground floor w/king size bed
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
eugene
Reviewed 24 October 2010

We had a king sized bed with a queen pull-out couch. All rooms have a microwave, toaster, coffee maker 2 burner stovetop and a normal sized refridgerator. The breakfast isn't much, but the people are nice and helpful and the room we had was perfect for our small kids!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 31 August 2010

The staff and location of the hotel were very good. But as I got ready to remove the comforter from the bed to spray the sheets with disinfectant that's when I noticed a cricket hanging on the wall and some were found dead in the corner of the room. Freightened by this, I alerted the staff and he came and removed the bug and offered to move me to another room. However, I declined because I was afraid that I would encounter this problem again because he informed me that they had just sprayed the facility for pest and the crickets in the room were dying off. I received a full refund and was not charged a cancellation fee. Other then this rare experience, the hotel over all was decent compared to the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
coitalia, General Manager at MainStay Suites Casa Grande, responded to this review, 1 October 2010
Dear valued guest,

I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us at the MainStay Suites was less than satisfactory. It's our mission to have all of our guests leave here with a smile. Unfortunately you caught us in the middle of summer when crickets are all over the city. We use a reputable pest service which comes out every month and they had just finished service that day. This is in no way an excuse, and we would like the chance to accomodate your stay next time you are in town. I'm pleased to see my front desk manager gave you a full refund, again it's our pleasure to accomodate all our guests.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 August 2010

The staff at the is extended stay was wonderful, friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. The continential breakfast bar (complimentary) was a great touch. Thank you

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2010

The hotel is very clean, prompt service and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2010
Morrow, Georgia
Reviewed 19 December 2009

I could write a book about this entire experience but I will try to sum it up. First off we started out staying at the Legacy Suites here in Casa Grande. Stay away from there. Everything I tell you here is just the opposite there.
*Clean towels every day (2 per week at Legacy)
*Service the room every day included ($35.00 once a week at Legacy)
*Coffee and juice along with Complimentary breakfast
*24 hour staff on site (not at Legacy)
*Amenities in kitchens include full-sized refrigerators/freezers, stovetops, dishwashers, and coffee/tea makers, pots, pans, dishes, etc. (not at Legacy - they told me I could buy this stuff at the local Salvation Army store)
*My stay was extended and they charge only at the end of each week. No deposit. (Legacy charged the entire 21 day stay as well as a $40.00 security deposit on day one-this is being disputed)
***I have only two days left as of this review and can't imagine anything that would change my mind. All I can say is this is where I will stay anytime I am in this area.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Super 8 Eloy
Super 8 Eloy
#3 of 5 in Eloy
GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence

Been to MainStay Suites Casa Grande? Share your experiences!