“remarks”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Casa Grande
Casa Grande
“remarks”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The only issue I saw on the property was the cooling in the bedroom of your suites but the people there were very helpful at trying to make accomodations for my needs. They tried very hard to find me a room on the main floor so I would not have to climb the stairs because of my knee but were unable to do that.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Arlington, Washington
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Based on some reviews and a friends recommendation my wife and I chose to stay at this hotel. When we checked in and went to our room it smelled like smoke, very surprising in a non-smoking hotel. The desk changed our room to one on the other end of the hotel. The room itself was clean but I felt like I was staying in a cave as the lighting was inadequate, I could barely read anything without opening the blinds during the day and at night forget it. We were unable to hear the TV as the air conditioner noise was very loud. On the last day of our stay our room did not get made up at all. This may have been a misunderstanding as the maid came to the door around 9am but we were still dressing and asked her to come back later. The desk did give us towels later that evening upon our return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jaychief01
Lubbock
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I had my doubts, but turned out quite a pleasant place to stay in Casa Grande. My room was recently remodeled and the AC unit worked great (unlike the same type unit at the Comfort Inn in Phoenix the night before). Great bed and good pillows. The room was clean and had everything you need for an extended stay, including a 2-burner cook top and dishwasher! My only issue was the old, uncomfortable recliner, which there really wasn't room for anyway. (There was a gouge in the wall caused by it.) And no elevator, but only 2 floors. So if you have an issue with climbing stairs, be sure to request 1st floor.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This was our first long term stay anywhere and thoroughly enjoyed it! The bed was so cozy, the shower was wonderful and the suite had everything we needed, if we ran out of something one of the most accommodating staff was more than ready to help - I miss you guys! It was always fun to go downstairs for yogurt, applesauce and coffee or juice in the morning and chat with the guests. The motel was very easy to find and the price wasn't hard on the wallet. Hope to see you all again next year!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian C, General Manager at MainStay Suites Casa Grande, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We want everyone to feel like they are a part of our little family here and your review let's us know we are doing a good job of it! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to this area!
Morrow, Georgia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is our 5th long term stay at this location and over all the best ever mainly due to the major refurbishment. During our stay a year ago all was well except for the condition of the carpeting, furniture, TV and bedding. This has all been taken care of with everything that needed to attention being replaced. The staff from the front desk all the way down the line is outstanding. Their are all friendly, attentive to your needs, and know what customer service is all about. The breakfast is nothing to write home about but what is there is always well stocked, and there is always fresh coffee. I could have gone with 5 starts except for two nights out of the 23 we were here we had some guests above our room that were the rudest I have ever experienced. They were up all night moving furniture around and stomping, (not walking) constantly. I know this happens and almost impossible for management to totally prevent. However they were not there a 3rd night and will not being staying there again in the future. Our next trip to this area will certainly have us staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Brian C, General Manager at MainStay Suites Casa Grande, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We have put a lot of work into the renovatioins here and are happy that you found them enjoyable, that makes it all worthwhile.

I do apologize for the noisy guest who was above you, we will do our best to keep that from happening again on your next visit!

Look forward to seeing you then,

Best regards,
Brian Callahan
Manager
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I drove from Dallas, TX to San Diego, CA on business and stayed in three different Hotels. I did research on the Internet preceding the trip. I am rating all three hotels I stayed at. This location was the best and in fact one of the best I've ever stayed at. My requirements in choosing a hotel include location, reviews, fitness room and the photos for that location. Too many times I choose a hotel based on the pictures on the Internet and I'm disappointed. All that said, this hotel did not disappoint. The fitness room and the rooms were exactly as in their Internet pictures. The staff friendly, etc... the room was small but but very nice. The fitness room I used twice and also very nice.

Room Tip: This is a good value for the price. The area is extremely nice and not all that congested. If drivin...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for the great review! We are so happy that you enjoyed yoour stay with us and hopefully the next time you are through you can stop in and say Hi again!
Granite Bay
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The carpeting has been replaced and the rooms have been spiffed up since my last visit here a year ago. The kitchen had wine glasses, two different styles of cocktail/water glasses,more than sufficient plates and bowls and a variety of cookware. There is a full size refrigerator, a dishwasher, a toaster , a microwave and a two burner cooktop. There was plenty of dish soap, paper towels and utensils available. Much more equipment than I have seen at other "suite motel/hotels. The shower had adequate pressure and did not change temperature. The towels were of good quality and there was adequate counter space at the bath sink. The bed was comfortable and adequate number of pillows. The room was large and contained a sofa and sofa table an eating table and two chairs, a desk with office chair and a dresser with a flat screen TV with plenty of channels. The manager was kind enough to let us use his compute when we needed to download a lot of material. There is also a computer and printer in the lobby for guests. The price was great, much better than many of the motels in Casa Grande. We will always stop here when in Casa Grande.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Saturday8
Brian C, General Manager at MainStay Suites Casa Grande, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
I just wanted to thank you for the great review! We do our best to make sure that when you are staying with us you feel like you are home. We look forward to your next visit with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Casa Grande
Super 8 Eloy
Super 8 Eloy
#3 of 5 in Eloy
GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence

Been to MainStay Suites Casa Grande? Share your experiences!