“Desert horse back riding at its best”

Cave Creek Trail Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located just north of Phoenix, we offer a variety of horseback rides through the beautiful Sonoran Desert. All of our horses are gentle and experienced and take great care of our guests. We specialize in family friendly, safe horseback rides that are perfect for beginners and experienced riders alike. Our trails provide an excellent view of the Go John Mountains and the Phoenix valley below. We offer THE best horseback rides in the Phoenix area. Here at Cave Creek Trail Rides, we are known for our warm hospitality and our well cared for horses. Our guides are always friendly and courteous and love to share their knowledge about horses, the Sonoran Desert, and Cave Creek's history. Our horses are gentle, well mannered and always well cared for. Cave Creek Trail Rides offers a true western experience! We even include cowboy boots, hats and chaps to wear on your ride or just for great picture opportunities. We are dedicated to making your trail ride with us the highlight of your trip.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Cave Creek Trail Rides gives you an excellent desert riding experience with a minimum of time taken getting to the desert. The entire ride starts in the desert and ends there. The horses were safe and well behaved and you get an excellent vantage point for experiencing the Sonoran Desert, with out worrying about where you are putting you feet, the horse takes care of that part. Since you are riding in single file, the last person gets far removed from the ride leader and can not interact with the leader. The owners of the stable need to come up with a way to communicate with all the riders in line. There are so many interesting facts about the desert that never get shared.

1  Thank SHolmes1941
FisherCreekStanley, Owner at Cave Creek Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We are so glad that you enjoyed seeing the beautiful Sonoran Desert while riding our sure-footed horses.
We appreciate your honest opinion about your experience. Your feedback helps us to grow as a company.
It is difficult to to hear at the back of a large group. We do try to keep our group sizes as small as we possibly can, with a max group size of 8 people. We will continue to explore new ideas on how to solve this issue. We want all of our guests to have an excellent experience and not only enjoy the quiet serenity of the desert, but also, the interesting knowledge that our guides provide.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I came out to Phoenix on business and had only one day to spare and I am so glad I spent it here. The horses were mellow, the desert was beautiful, and we even went up to see the mountains. I went alone since everyone else wanted to stay at the resort. BOY did they miss out! My tour guide, James, was a knowledgable, respectful, and confident leader and made me (a very inexperienced horse back rider) feel right at home! He told me everything I needed to know about cacti, the history of the desert and we even took time to stop and take pictures of the saguaro cacti, (which he informed me were hundreds of years old). I would go back there in a heartbeat! Thanks guys!! <3

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Took my 2 girls up to Cave Creek from Phoenix where we stayed. 40 minutes out. Well worth the ride as girls 9&10 had a blast. Dressed up like cowgirls and rode for 1hour plus for what I thought was a reasonable fee. Bring water as it is scorching hot there. Staff did great job with kids as we did not ride. They directed us to a spot where we could take pictures of them from trail side which was great for us. Definitely recommend this activity.

Hammersley's Wakefield, MA

FisherCreekStanley, Owner at Cave Creek Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for the review! We are glad that your girls enjoyed being cowgirls and had a great horseback ride. We hope to see you guys again next time! I highly recommend the sunset ride, beautiful sunset and a little cooler temperatures for later in the season. Thanks again!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Grady was a great guide. The views were amazing and the horses were beautiful. Thanks for a great ending to our trip to Arizona.

Thanks for taking the time to write us this review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your ride with Grady and we hope that you will come back and visit us again next season!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We recently traveled to Arizona for April vacation. We have two daughters who love horses so we knew that a trail ride was one of the things that we wanted to do. My husband searched trail rides on tripadvisor and Cave Creek Trail Rides was #1. I actually called several other farms trying to find a closer location but after talking to Matt and Amanda at Cave Creek I booked the trail ride with their facility. The first day, just my oldest daughter and I went. I have been around horses all of my life and I am an experienced rider (English) and my daughter has basic knowledge of horses. You can tell right away that the horses are well cared for and the staff is very friendly. We enjoyed it so much that I returned the next day with my younger daughter and then we returned a third time with the entire family!!! If you are planning a trip to Arizona this barn is the one I would HIGHLY recommend. They have this facility in Cave Creek, AZ and another smaller operation in Goodyear, AZ.
We wanted to especially mention Shana and Grady who were our guides and Matt who helped me schedule all of the rides and was so accommodating :)
Our favorite horses: Trigger, Cowboy, Harold, July, Friendly and Big Red

FisherCreekStanley, Owner at Cave Creek Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

We really enjoyed reading your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your experience with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed our corral after doing your research to find the best place for your family. We strive to make our guided horseback rides exceptional and we are glad that we met your expectations. If you plan on riding often when you visit be sure to sign up for our "frequent rider" program. We hope to see you and the family back again soon!