Woodlands Vegetarian South Indian Kitchen
Ranked #390 of 670 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 13 December 2012 via mobile

Love it.... The food is amazing .... It tastes the way restaurant food should taste... Everything on the menu is good . We go there every week .... Paneer butter masala , malai kofta, rava dosai , malabari parotta , rasam are the best.... I would add more to the list if writing about it didn't make me hungry:) food is really good value for money .... Portions are good sized( usually Indian restaurants charge you good for small amounts not here). Must go place.

1  Thank Oceanloversfamily

Reviewed 21 July 2012

I'd never had Indian food before, but they had good reviews so my friend and I decided to check it out. I'm so glad we made this decision. We decided to each get an item and share. We went with the favorites (per the woman at the counter) Vegetable Curry and Chenna Batura. The Vegetable Curry had a tomato curry sauce w/ veggies served with rice. It was a little spicy, but not so hot you couldn't eat it. I fell in love with the 1st bite. The Chenna Batura is a large thin puffy bread (think large, thin sopapilla) served with garbonzo beans curry & onions. Also very, very good. I can't wait to go back and try something else. Goal: try everything on the menu.

Reviewed 2 April 2009

Everything on the menu is awesome, okra a little tough but the flavors are spicier than most places.. so beware. This is worth the travel for lunch or dinner. Basic atmosphere with incredible food.

Reviewed 10 August 2008

I was recommended this new restaurant by one of my clients, who is Indian. Woodlands is a brand new restaurant, set up is very basic. I ordered two Royal tallies(sp?) and a fresh drink. I brought a friend of mine who had never tried Indian food. Within a few minutes, they called us from the front counter and we picked up our two trays filled with disposable mini cups and plates.

We helped ourselves at the dip & condiment bar. It had all the fixin' you can expect from an Indian restaurant. Green, red sauces etc. The food was outstanding! Some of the dishes almost had a Thai flavor with green curry. It was spicy yet flavourful. Our tables got overcrowded with the multiple disposable items very quickly.

Woodlands is clean, friendly and I highly recommend it. My friend loved it and we will be back again very soon! Try the fresh mango juice, it is yummy!