“Always reminds me of Kauai”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 664 Restaurants in Chandler
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: N 54th Street
Transit: Bus stop at Ray Road & 54th Street
Palm Coast, Florida
“Always reminds me of Kauai”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Roy's is one of the best Pacific rim restaurants and this is one of the best. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu but try the Ono if they are serving, it's a great fish.

• Visited May 2014

Gilbert, Arizona
“In a Word ... Excellent”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I went to Roy's on the recommendation of a friend and she was spot on with her recommendation. This is an upscale restaurant with upscale food and the prices are moderately expensive but in keeping with the ambiance and the quality of the food and service.
We started off with the Canoe Appetizer for Two and both enjoyed it but my wife would have preferred it if the shrimps were hot instead of cold.

For the entree my wife had the Macadamia Crusted Mahi Mahi which was cooked to perfection and was absolutely delicious. My entree was Roy's Trio which was a mixed plate with Hibachie Grilled Salmon, Butterfish and Macadamia Crusted Mahi Mahi. All three were cooked to perfection and were delicious. The Butterfish was the stand out fish and is something I would recommend. I would confidently recommend any of the dishes we had but the Butterfish was my personal favorite.

With the ambience, friendly and efficient service and excellent food it is now firmly on my 'will visit again' list. Yes, it is a bit pricey but it is money well spent if you want a great dining experience.

• Visited June 2014
Chandler, Arizona
“Dinner”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were looking for an upscale restaurant in the Chandler area as my brother was flying in from Philadelphia area and thought of Roy's. I made last minute dinner reservations. Upon arrival at the restaurant, we were met by the hostess who directed us to our table. The menu is simple with a nice choice of entrees. My brother and I had fish, my husband had steak. We enjoyed a nice glass of wine with our meals. The fish and steak was cooked to perfection along with some vegetables and rice/potatoes. The price of the entrees are in the $20 + range. I would return again! Great place for a special meal with your special girl or guy!

• Visited October 2013
Chandler, Arizona
“Pricey food and drink for what you get.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I will admit that this was my first venture to Hawaiian food ... So, it could just be my personal taste pallet but I was not impressed with the food and less impressed by the price! With so many choices in the area, I won't be returning to Roys.

• Visited February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Roy's is pretty awesome. Food, wine, ambiance, friendly.....”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I don't ever review restaurants but I just left from my third visit at Roy's. You will be hard pressed to find another place like this. It's a little pricey but 2 out of the 3 times I've been here I've left perfectly satisfied.
My first time here I was with a group and got the Chicken since I was not paying. The Chicken was chicken.
The second time I dined I ordered a sushi roll with Wagyu beef wrapped around it for an appetizer, the Sea Salt Ribeye, and Chocolate souffle, wow, satisfied.
The third time I took my girlfriend for her birthday. This is where Roy's separates itself. They had a custom Happy bday message inserted in our menus. They had a sparkly purple bow around the candle. Everyone we interacted with wished my girlfriend a curteous 'Happy Birthday' without being intrusive. The server brought a free dessert at the end of the meal that had Happy bday written in chocolate. Then they took a picture and printed it out for her to take home. The best part, no singing!!! They handled her birthday with class and genuine kindness. I haven't even mentioned the food that night. We got the calamari (freshest I've ever had), she had the Butterfish for her entree, I had the Hawaiian Ono with risotto, and Pineapple Upside Down Cake and Chocolate Souffle for dessert. Perfect meal. The Butterfish might be the best dish in town.
Like I said, I don't write reviews but there is something special going on at Roy's.

• Visited May 2014