“Fantastic, we did not want leave”

Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Chandler
Mesa, Arizona
“Fantastic, we did not want leave”
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My wife and I stayed at the hotel 2 nights for our anniversary snd it was the best weekend we have ever had. The hotel room was luxurious, the staff fantastic, and the food was wonderful. We saw two shows while there, and they were both excellent. We had just stayed in Las Vegas the week prior and it did not compare to our two nights at Wild horse Pass. Kudos to the management and staff. It is a first class operation and I am proud to be a Players club member.

Room Tip: Just call the hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Sun City, Phoenix
Reviewed 21 June 2011

A gal pal, Mary Masters, invited me to join her on a gambling getaway. Much to our delight, the 3 days were extraordinary. From delightful staff-valet, registration, cleaning staff, servers, - everyone was courteous and responded to our every request. The restaurants offered delicious food (ooh, those brownies!) The new rewards progam sure helped us out when we reached our last $20 and put us right back into the winning circle. We sang and danced to the Bestlemania show-sure brought back memories. I travel quite a bit and know our treatment at Wild Horse Pass equalled fine hotels everywhere. My birthday is next month and sure hope to celebrate part of it there. A special thanks to our concierge, Thomas, who put such extra effort into every detail of our trip.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Albany GA
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I travel for business about 6-8 times per year and have stayed in all kinds of facilities. This is one of the best. Despite the "Casino" label, I found it quite easy to forget that portion of the attraction (great smoke filters in the common areas) and revel in the excellent customer service, fine accommodations, and squishy bed with ample pillows. Though right near the elevator, my room was quiet and cool- just the way I like it.

While I found the food selection and gift shop middle of the road at best (I didn't try Don Shula's with the $12 potato and a la carte menu), there were shuttles available (with friendly drivers) who transported me to the neighboring Sheraton and the Chandler Mall. I had a scrumptious massage at Aji while friends had a facial- both offerings were wonderful and I have no doubt that the other services would be just as pleasant.

While there, the facility hosted the Oak Ridge Boys- not my cup of tea but certainly a great show for those who are fans. The 110 degree heat didn't provide for any visits to the pool or the outside areas. Maybe I can try that in another trip.

The only down side was the roughness of the towels and toilet paper. If you have sensitive skin and a tender tush- take your own......

Room Tip: Specify your preference of floow- 2-10.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Upon entering this wonderful hotel, Scott greeted us with the grandest welcome and ran..."happily ran" to did all he can to accommodate us.
That in itself made this an enjoyable beginning to an extraordinary time at a place reassuring to know we made the right choice...
Thanks 'Scotty', (and he sings too)
ED & Char from NYC

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Nogales, Arizona
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Starting with the Concierge Staff, our stay was a delight right from the day we booked via phone until we checked out. If you want to gamble, the casino is clean and the chances of winning seem pretty good. We spent most of our time at the salt water swimming pool in a cabana. While the adults mostly stayed in an around the cabana, the 18-month-old twin boys and their 10-yr-old female cousin lived in the pool.
Service from the poolside restaurant/bar was excellent and the food was well-prepared. On Sunday, there was music poolside. Security was ever present.
The hotel staff from bottom to top was outstanding. Greater Phoenix, including Scottsdale, is minutes away with a network of traffic loops that will take you anyplace you desire.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Arizona
Reviewed 3 June 2011

This was our first visit and we absolutely loved the property! The hotel is just so sleek and modern. Very sharp! Just a couple of bad marks for -- I was waited on by Lauren at the front desk and after a mishap with my reservation, she had informed me that they were entirely booked. Well, we wanted to stay at the hotel because of a concert show that night. When I spoke with the concierge, he told me that the hotel was not entirely booked. Grrrrr...so I got shuffled back to the front desk where I had to inform HER (Lauren) that there were rooms avail!! After we finally got settled in our room, I had issues with the high speed internet our entire stay. The hotel requires you have a password to log on. Ok, fine...but I had to call the front desk EVERY time I logged on to the computer for them to reset or provide me with a new password. It was a huge inconvenience!! And of course while watching the NBA playoffs, the digital TV reception totally collapsed on us and we had to call someone to assist with that. Ughhhh. So just a few quirks in my opinion that were unacceptable. Other than that, I enjoyed the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We had a beautiful three night stay at Wild Horse Pass Hotel. It was beautiful and modern. The rooms were immaculate. The pool was clean and I loved that there were specific pool towels you could grab down at the pool and dispose of without having to bring them from and back to our room. Our bathroom was spotless as were the public bathrooms on the main floor. The beds were comfortable and I loved that the rooms had iPod docking station alarm clocks, cordless phones, free wireless internet and flat screen tvs. The complimentary newspaper was also a nice touch.

The only thing that disappointed me was that there wasn't a continental breakfast. There was a nice breakfast restaurant inside that had a breakfast buffet but it was $12 a person. I found out the next day that it was much cheaper and only half the price to order a meal. A continental breakfast would have been nice. But other than that I really have no complaint. This hotel was absolutely beautiful and the nicest I have stayed in.

I'd recommend requesting a room overlooking the pool. We faced the highway and it wasn't very picturesque. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law stayed in a suite overlooking the pool and it was beautiful if you can afford it. We stayed in a regular room.

Room Tip: Stay in a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Talking Stick Resort
Vee Quiva Hotel & Casino
Vee Quiva Hotel & Casino
#61 of 174 in Phoenix
Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South

Been to Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!