“Everything You Need”

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Edmonton
“Everything You Need”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Great hotel for adults and business travellers. Nice, modern and well appointed room. Everything very new and nicely done. Great to have the casino to relax in after supper. Pool was nice but seemed to be a baby sitting service as there were many unsurpervised children running around.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I have stayed in this Sherraton hotel many times with my family, I have two small children. This hotel is great for families and has a really good kids pool, kids club, good restaurants and great spa etc. All the staff are friendly and helpful. The location is one of the best things being on a reservation Beautiful views and very quiet. Try out the stables for a family trail ride on the reservation. A great place to stay

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank grockle69
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Stayed here only one night - attended a concert at their OVATIONS LIVE venue.
First : Ovations Live! What a beautiful place for a concert. Seats 1400. Two levels. INCREDIBLE ACOUSTICS and overall sound. The venue was comfortable. Easy. There was a lounge/bar just outside the doors of the venue plus tended bars inside. All staff working were friendly, helpful and fun too. Bathrooms in the venue were clean and plentiful. Will go back for another concert soon!
The hotel: Is new and very very nice. Front desk people were welcoming and nice. Easy check in. We had a room overlooking the pool which was great. The room was clean, not huge but fine for two of us for an over night stay. Bathroom amenities were fine. Lower tub which is nice, makes it easier to get in and out. Shower pressure was good. It was nice to be able to look down and see when the pool was not crowded so we could enjoy quiet time there. - There are no little refrigs in the room which would be nice, esp in the AZ heat...but of course they want you to eat/drink in their food places there. But still, it's good to keep some cold waters, bottle of wine for night etc...just saying!
It was fun being in the same building as the casino. The casino it self was fine...tho not as large or fancy as Vegas of course. The smoke inside a casino is always tough to take, this one was fairly well controlled. I noticed they also had no smoking area for gaming...we didn't spend too much time in the casino tho.
On site dining in the casino included a pizza place, a fatburger, a deli...something else..as well as a 24/7 cafe. It also has Shula's steakhouse which I'm sure is nice but expensive too...we didn't go there.
We did find it all to be very nice...very accessible..just off of I-10 so if you are coming in from the south as we were you don't have to get into the Phoenix traffic at all.

We're planning to go back soon.

Room Tip: Some of the casino food vendors close by 11.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suehm
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My wife and I stayed at the hotel 2 nights for our anniversary snd it was the best weekend we have ever had. The hotel room was luxurious, the staff fantastic, and the food was wonderful. We saw two shows while there, and they were both excellent. We had just stayed in Las Vegas the week prior and it did not compare to our two nights at Wild horse Pass. Kudos to the management and staff. It is a first class operation and I am proud to be a Players club member.

Room Tip: Just call the hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Sun City, Phoenix
Reviewed 21 June 2011

A gal pal, Mary Masters, invited me to join her on a gambling getaway. Much to our delight, the 3 days were extraordinary. From delightful staff-valet, registration, cleaning staff, servers, - everyone was courteous and responded to our every request. The restaurants offered delicious food (ooh, those brownies!) The new rewards progam sure helped us out when we reached our last $20 and put us right back into the winning circle. We sang and danced to the Bestlemania show-sure brought back memories. I travel quite a bit and know our treatment at Wild Horse Pass equalled fine hotels everywhere. My birthday is next month and sure hope to celebrate part of it there. A special thanks to our concierge, Thomas, who put such extra effort into every detail of our trip.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Albany GA
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I travel for business about 6-8 times per year and have stayed in all kinds of facilities. This is one of the best. Despite the "Casino" label, I found it quite easy to forget that portion of the attraction (great smoke filters in the common areas) and revel in the excellent customer service, fine accommodations, and squishy bed with ample pillows. Though right near the elevator, my room was quiet and cool- just the way I like it.

While I found the food selection and gift shop middle of the road at best (I didn't try Don Shula's with the $12 potato and a la carte menu), there were shuttles available (with friendly drivers) who transported me to the neighboring Sheraton and the Chandler Mall. I had a scrumptious massage at Aji while friends had a facial- both offerings were wonderful and I have no doubt that the other services would be just as pleasant.

While there, the facility hosted the Oak Ridge Boys- not my cup of tea but certainly a great show for those who are fans. The 110 degree heat didn't provide for any visits to the pool or the outside areas. Maybe I can try that in another trip.

The only down side was the roughness of the towels and toilet paper. If you have sensitive skin and a tender tush- take your own......

Room Tip: Specify your preference of floow- 2-10.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Upon entering this wonderful hotel, Scott greeted us with the grandest welcome and ran..."happily ran" to did all he can to accommodate us.
That in itself made this an enjoyable beginning to an extraordinary time at a place reassuring to know we made the right choice...
Thanks 'Scotty', (and he sings too)
ED & Char from NYC

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Talking Stick Resort
Talking Stick Resort
#41 of 75 in Scottsdale
Best Westerrn Plus Chandler Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South
Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler
Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa

Been to Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!