Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
  • Pool
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsslot machinesfood courtwild horse passnon smoking areaplayers clubtable gamesshula's steakhousecorner suitehotel is beautifulroom keystandard roomoutlet mallking roomthe entire hotelpool arealate checknice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We have been here on several occasions and until now, it was our go-to for stay cations. However, here's what happened:

My husband and the rest of the guys in our group (eight of us) went golfing on Saturday after we had casino and dinner night on Friday. The girls decided to get up and head to the pool for the day. We had a nice section to ourselves and proceeded to have a fantastic first hour. The waitstaff for the pool area then came on, so we thought we would get service. The bartender and the server never left out from behind the bar. An hour later, a group of young men (mid 20's) came to the pool and took over another corner. The wait staff (both female and very young, early 20's) promptly jumped from their seated spots behind the bar and tripped over each other trying to get to the group of men. They quickly began to fetch beer and water for the group.

After saying "excuse me" a few times, the waitress (blond, no name tag) sighed loudly and said "did you need something?" We asked for lunch menus and she said "you'll have to head to the bar". We got up, went to the bar, and ordered our lunch.

We ordered "Grilled Fish Tacos" and "Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad". The blond behind the bar said "our chef had to get some supplies, so don't be surprised if the food takes at least 20 minutes". We took our beers (that we walked to the bar to get) and went back to our chaise lounges. She did not say thank you.

About 45 minutes later, the other bartender came to our chaises and said "here's your food". She did not ask if we needed anything or come back to check on us. The fish tacos were old and cold, and had one piece of over-fried fish in them (and a side of Pace Picante salsa splashed on the plate). The chicken caesar salad had two chicken fingers on top of mixed greens. It was not horrible, but it was certainly not good. The thing that upset me was more that the menu described it incorrectly and it appeared no one really cared. I watched carefully as the server ran around for the group of guys and did not look our direction once. I did tip her 20%, but it was really painful for me to do so.

I'm a server and have been for years - the service industry is complicated. We love this hotel and have recommended it to many. I was not granted a late check out, but the concierge was very kind to store our bags. The front desk, when I called, said "we don't pick up your bags, but you can bring them down here". Later that day, I was told this was not correct. I don't get it - we have players cards, we spend money in the casino, we dine there...was that not enough? I don't think I'll return.

Room Tip: You can ask as many questions as you like, but you'll get different answers all the time.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank heb704
WildHorsePass, Public Relations Manager at Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

We appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback. I would like to first apologize for the poor service you experienced. This is not our standard as a 4-Diamond Hotel. We have since adjusted our staffing levels poolside and have addressed proper customer service standards. We can not improve on these items without feedback such as yours. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and give you the service levels you deserve when staying at the Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I visited the Wild Horse Pass Casino last week and was very impressed with their quality of service and the Vegas-feel of their casino. I did not stay at the hotel but it seemed to be a nice place. Instead, I stayed down the street at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort, which is very nice (I plan on writing a separate review for them). The Sheraton Resort had a shuttle to the casino, but I decided to drive myself, it was about 2 miles away. As I mentioned before, the friendliness of the casino staff was noteworthy. Everyone I spoke with was helpful and enthusiastic, which is often rare in a casino atmosphere. This friendliness wasn’t limited to the floor staff, all the dealers I encountered were equally pleasant. I ate two nights in the small food court next to the casino floor which had a good variety, but there were also several nicer restaurants to choose from. Now for some random points: (1) Clean bathrooms, (2) fairly good ventilation, (3) easy parking in the casino’s deck. It’s tough to find fault with this place but I will list a few issues I noticed: (1) No Craps Tables, (2) No “Real” Roulette Tables (the ONE they had was electronic with a real wheel), and (3) the casino got a little crowded in the late evening. The crowding got to be annoying when trying to find a seat at the Roulette Table or at specific slot machines. However, I played mostly blackjack and was always able to find a seat. Now I will say as a quick disclaimer, I walked out of the casino a winner which may have changed my perception of the place, but I tried to stay impartial. Summation – Great place, if I’m ever back in Phoenix, I’ll be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ahargra
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Hotel was fine. It was a good place for children. It was very safe. Rooms funrishings were a little worn out. Service at the pool was not good. During the week, they only had one individual serving people. It took over a half hour each time you wanted or needed something. There was one bright light in the trip and that was an individual that worked in the restaruant, Sharlyn. She was fabulous! She made the entire trip worthwhile. She was friendly, attentive and always made sure that you had everything that you needed. Thanks you Sharlyn for making our trip so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Choose one near the lobby on the 4th floor. The facilty was very spread out and mature trees blocked the view from the room unless you were on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Liz B
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The rooms were very nice, the casino and dining areas made me feel like I was in Vegas. Will definitely stay her again.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Sje4979
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Room nice, clean, quiet - small balcony looking over pool/parking lot: not an exceptional view but nice to step outside in morning or evening - especially with coffee maker in the room and comfortable chairs and table on balcony. Enjoyed the casino and had an excellent meal at Ling & Louise's within the complex. Hotel Casino is just a short drive from downtown Chandler and many good restaurants: would not stay there without a car unless you do not plan to leave the complex as nothing else within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple