“This place is gorgeous and convienant even with small children!”

Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed 28 December 2009

As we drove up to the hotel entrance, we were immediately greeted and helped with our luggage. Entering the hotel was like walking into a mini Vegas hotel/casino. Check in was very quick and were escorted to our room with luggage. We had a double bed -room and at first glance was small to me. However, it was beautiful and so comfortable! Keeping in mind we traveled with a 8 yr old and 6 month old baby. So it was a little tight, however, it was just right! The bathroom was very nice! Towels large and comfy. Even a small lighted mirror for my makeup application! Also, just in case you wanted to know your weight while on vacation, they keep a digital scale under the sink. : ) Convienant for us was the fact that my husband and I both like to gamble some. (There is a non-smoking slots area.) We took turns going downstairs to the casino. While he was downstairs, kids and I were only a short drive from Chandler Fashion Center! Hotel is right off I10 and cannot be missed. We were a short drive away from the whole hustle/bustle of the city, and in a quiet area. We ate lunch one day at the foodcourt w/in casino area, sandwiches were very delicious at Boarshead Deli. Did not try the other locations. The gym is located on the second floor and is very large compared to other hotels we have visited in our time! Brand new/variety and plenty of treadmills. Overall, our stay was greater than expected. Only heads up is, there is no microwave/refrigerator in standard rooms. We had to reorganize the location of the coffee machine b/c it couldn't reach the outlet. (Hotel just opened in Oct 09, so it was possible that we were first ones to occupy that specific room.) Overall, very nice getaway!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank celiamoon21

Reviewed 27 December 2009

I went to check in at 4 and the room wasn't ready. They let the person who stayed there the night before check out late even though I had a reservation for the next day.

There were no linens on the fold out bed. No extra linens in the closet.

The wooden piece that was on top of the hidden tv fell off and hurt one of my friends when the tv was up because the wood was not properly secured to the top of the tv.

I don't know what they meant about the view of the stars all we could see was the parking lot, the lights were so bright from them you couldn't see any stars.

The shower has issues with the water seal, as I was showering A LOT of water escaped under the door and flooded the bathroom.

The self check out didn't work.
The option to check your guest account on the tv didn't work.

The alarm in my room and the one next to it was set to 5am...it would be great if the staff would fix that while they are cleaning the rooms instead of leaving them on to disturb the next guests.

I am not impressed with the people who work the front desk at all. There was a manager, I don't recall his name, Chris possibly, who seemed to actually try to take care of things once we were finally able to check in. And in fairness they did allow us to have a late check out as well. And I asked for it as long as it wouldn't effect the next persons check in time.

I think there should be some agreement with the club and hotel for people getting the governors suite that they should get reduced cover or some perk.

They would do better to have a large jet tub in the suite bathroom other than the regular little tub in there.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank AZactiveobserver
Reviewed 23 December 2009

WOW! The room was wonderful and the views are amazing. Close to I-10 and easy to find from anywhere in the Valley of the Sun. We had a daytime escape from work and family to relax and spend some alone time with each other. Had lunch in the Oriental place and it was a great meal. Have eaten at food court other times and it is good place to eat too. Rooms are on the smaller side but the furniture and bed are the best. The sheets are so soft and the towels are thick and soft. Great bathroom amenities. Room service has been exceptional even with our early cleaning request. The view was of the boat racing lake and the mountains. The pool was below us and we didnt bring swim suits but will next time to indulge in the spa or pool. Parking is close and the casino is a short walk from the elevators. Lots of great spaces for quiet conversations for us non-gamblers. The Lounge called Classics is the best place to hang out and chat or just sit and look out the window and watch the fountains. There is a small stage and lounge near the lower bar with live music and it a great place to just relax too. The decor is so pretty and reminds me of Vegas but way closer to home. Cant speak on the gambling aspect of the place since I dont except for a buck or two once in a while in a penny machine. I love the non-smoking slot room. No buffet for this place but lots of food place around. Several bars to hang in and chat with friends. A great place to go and meet people and enjoy the surroundings.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank azmrse
Reviewed 15 December 2009

From our cheerful welcome by registration staff to our reluctant departure Wild Horse Pass was the perfect getaway-close-to-home. As Player's Club members we got a great discount on the room and were able to upgrade for a balcony room at check-in. We love balconies. The rooms are tastefully and thought-fully decorated...with magnifying mirrors (for those brave enough to use one) and digital scales (ditto). We had our dinner at Shula's where we were made to feel welcome and special. It was an extra good prime rib with mushrooms and baked potato. We didn't get to use the beautiful pool or the spa but look forward to doing that when the weather gets warmer...as it always does in Phoenix!

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2009

Rooms were clean and comfortable, employees are exceptionally nice and helpful. Activities available are really fun. I wish I'd had time to partake in more of the native activities provided.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank kgabriel28
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Me and a group of my friends recently had a great weekend at WHP. Some of us are locals and others fly in from out of town for our buddies 50th birthday. The input from everyone was consistent. This place should be moved up towards the top of your list if you are planning a night on the town or visiting from out of town. Its the only place I know of in the PHX area where you can golf during the day, get a great steak in the evening, play some Poker/BJ, then head to a top notch night club and once ur ready to call it a night then you ride the elevator up to your room and settle in on one of the most comfortable beds I have had in a hotel. I wish I had this bed at my house. You can do all this without ever having to get into ur car once ur on premise! Overall a big thumbs up. Only issue that came up for us was no minibar!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank nancer99
Reviewed 7 December 2009

The front desk staff were absolutely amazing. They greeted us as soon as we walked in the door with smiles and were very professional and knowledgeble of the grounds and ameneties. Every member of the staff from bellmen to housekeeping were outgoing, happy and friendly. The Casino was beautiful and the staff was also very helpful and friendly. The live band was entertaining and better then any we have seen in Phoenix. The rooms were spotless and we loved the layout and bed. I can not say enought about the amazing experience that we had from the moment we arrived to our last step out the door. I have already recommended your casino to all of my coworker and family, and we will be back next weekend Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vanguard2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center
Talking Stick Resort
Talking Stick Resort
#41 of 75 in Scottsdale
Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South
Best Westerrn Plus Chandler Hotel & Suites
Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Chandler

Been to Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!