“impressive suite”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 April 2014

From the time I walked into the lobbyto the time I left, I was impressed with the hotel staff and the room itself. The room was very nice, with granite countertops in the bathroom, plush kingsize bed, mini fridge and complimentary WIFI. This is where I will stay if I need to come back here for business purposes again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Savannah B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the suite was to your liking! We are so happy to hear that you will choose us again in the future. We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The staff is friendly and the place is clean. The rooms are big with large beds designed by the Marquis de Sade...they look so big and lumpy..until you flop on to it and find you have jolted your spine. Just some padding over a cheap overly firm mattress.
The "Suite" is comprised of a big uncomfortable bed. A good desk, a teeny weeny fridge, a small sink, tiny microwave, and not one single utensil....not even a bottle opener. So buy small quantities of twist off cap beer....and tiny snacks that require no plates knives or forks. Staff did find me a bottle opener and tiny knife for slicing the small brick of cheese I bought.

I have eleven more knights to go here...hoping my back can survive this bed....

Do yourself a favor and sleep in the Homewood Inn across the parking lot if you can...beds there are da bomb.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
JohnPaulVillarreal, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate and value your feedback. I deeply apologize that the bed is uncomfortable in your room. I assure you we will look into rectifying this. While you are still staying with us please let us know if you would like to move rooms. Your satisfaction is our top priority and we want to make sure you are comfortable for your entire stay. We would be more than happy to move you to a room that has a better bed. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

John Paul Villarreal

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My family spent last weekend at the Hampton (along with 12 other families from Seattle) and we had a wonderful time! The families in the group commented repeatedly about the exceptional staff (Annie, Alice & all staff were terrific!). The hotel itself is fabulous - it's incredibly clean, modern, offers oversized rooms and suites, and the daily buffet breakfast was a stand out hit (lots of food options - fruit, eggs, bagels, bacon, speciality egg items, a waffle station, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, miso soup, rice, etc.). We were so pleased with this hotel - the weather was warm so we found ourselves enjoyed the pool (and hot tub at night) daily. The pool provides comfortable tables, chairs and lounge chairs - and while the hotel doesn't have room service, we were able to order dinner via their extensive delivery menu (and had dinner delivered to the pool for our group one evening). This hotel is in a great location as well - it's close to everything. We had an excellent stay and look forward to returning to the Hampton for some more sunshine!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Queen Suite and it was enormous. With two kids, the extra space was a major plus.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! We are so happy to hear that your stay was fantastic! I am delighted to hear that the team took such great care of you. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team especially Annie and Alice! We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel did not have the heavy smell of cleaning chemicals that is so common and offensive. The room was bright and very clean. The bed was very comfortable. A very nice place to stay when in the Phoenix area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! We appreciate and value your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the bed was comfortable. We hope to see you back again soon!

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We'd all rather stay at a charming boutique property or Ritz if we could, but I've also slept at more Extended Stays, Holiday Inns and Best Westerns than I care to remember. If you're someone with an eye for thoughtful service and luxury perks, this Hampton Inn & Suites in Chandler actually has more of those qualities than you can imagine. I'm here right now, but I just had to write because I'm so blown away.

Hampton Inns are pretty nice! This one has a big lobby area, clean pool and updated rooms featuring king-size beds and bathrooms with stand-up granite shower big enough to hold 3 people. All of the intangible little things really add up.

Like:

-The bathroom is super well-lit. There's a full-length mirror OUTSIDE the bathroom to try on clothes while your significant other showers. Plus marble-like countertops and tile.
-In addition to the bed, there's a microwave, coffeemaker, fridge and freezer, chair, large bench and desk. It's actually quite a livable room.
-There's a reasonably-priced suite store downstairs staffed 24 hours a day with frozen meals, chips, drinks, and even beer and wine. (My little bottle of wine that equals a healthy pour of pinot grigio was $4.25, totally reasonable for a hotel). You can either pay or charge to your room.
-Free coffee and tea 24-7 in the lobby, plus free water (with lemon and limes in it!) and free homemade popped popcorn. Seriously.
-The free breakfast is better than 90% of complimentary hotel breakfasts I've ever had. They make these little Western omelets that don't dry out, perfectly fluffy scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, a DIY waffle center, juices, oatmeal, cereal, etc. Pastries, bagels and banana bread. Plus miso soup packets, rice and seaweed wraps! YUM!
-The workout area has brand-new treadmills, ellipticals and a bike, all with TV screens. Tons of weights, fitness balls and mats. They give you free headphones if you forgot your own. There are free towels and chilled water reservoir in the gym.
-The pool is bigger than it looks in photos, and super-clean.
-The people who work at the desk are incredibly nice, and empowered to be problem-solvers. When the guy in front of me didn't have a credit card for incidentals, they called a manager within 5 minutes to sort his problem out and get him in a room. I checked in 4 hours early off a red-eye not expecting my room to be ready, but they hooked me up immediately.
-Another reviewer noted that it smells amazing here. They're right.
-Every employee you pass in the halls will greet you, ask how you're doing or pay a compliment.

With the service and amenities available here, it's worth every penny I spent. What's more, I'm walking around with a smile on my face.
-Ashley Woods

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Savannah B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! We appreciate and value your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel was to your liking! I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team. We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

After checking in, I tried to connect to the internet using my iPad. Normally this is a non issue, but I kept getting a router error message. Calling the front desk, the clerk indicated that she was on the net with her device,but did have the same problem on a previous day.

Going to the lobby, neither the clerk nor her manager were able to get me on the net. The manager while working on my issue stopped to check in other guests even while other clerks were available. I had to stand around waiting while she checked in some new arrival. She offered to let me use the computer in the business center, but all my work was in my computer. They ended up honoring their 100% satisfaction guarantee or you don't pay rule but it was not able to complete my work.

A couple times during our stay, my wife and I went down to the lobby for coffee and tea. In every instance except during breakfast hours the coffee and hot water were warm at best.

This trip was not up to the standards of Hampton.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
JohnPaulVillarreal, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I want to apologize for the issues you had with the internet. We had a piece of hardware that broke and had to have it replaced. We were working with our IT department to get it fixed as quickly as possible but had to wait for the part. We know that this was not to our Hampton standards and apologize for the inconvenice it caused you. We have fixed the hardware and have not had any future problems with our internet. We do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

John Paul Villarreal

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My young children and I greatly enjoyed this hotel. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic, the room has the little kitchenette, they provide room service, the hotel pool was heated and many guests were enjoying it. Its in a cluster of hotels, but this hotel was by far the busiest. Very clean. And whatever fragrance they use in the elevators and the bathrooms is totally awesome.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel. We hope to see you back again soon!