“Good location - and very comfortable”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The breakfast AND evening meals are great (for a free hotel food). They rotate the menu so you get some variety. The bed was comfortable and the staff was very professional. The pool is ok - a bit small as is the gym. The hot tub is a good size and comfortable. Centrally located and easy to get around.

Staying here on business is no problem

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
DJ K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you Mike-5472 for your response. We appreciate your review and value your opinion as a Guest. On your next trip to Chandler Arizona let us be your hotel of choice! Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here for a week while in town on business. My room was lovely with a suitable work space and internet access. With the hotel at the edge of town, there are real desert views to be enjoyed.

I loved the warm and cold breakfast options each morning, which helped start the day off in just the right way. Even the coffee was tasty.

What didn't work as well was the lack of an onsite restaurant. There is a bistro in the adjacent Courtyard by Marriott, but the food selection and quality was mediocre at best - basically that option is suited when truly pressed for time. Having to find a place for dinner every evening makes business travel just that much more challenging in terms of the time and effort needed to sort that out. Also, being solo at busy restaurants did get tiresome. On the other hand, it was nice to discover a few great restaurants that I might not otherwise have visited. All to say, this is a double-edged sword.

I did appreciate the small but well-stocked "market place" in both properties where I could get some wine or beer as well as snacks to go along with late evenings preparing for the next day's work.

Staying in this part of town, I rented a car to get around. This I found essential given the lack of readily available cabs and the distances to get to business meetings as well as various restaurants in Chandler, Tempe and Scottsdale.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Inga P
DJ K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your response! We definitely want our Guests to be as happy as possible and we try and accommodate the best we can. Our Courtyard Bistro has several made-to-order items for breakfast and dinner along with a full bar!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We utilized the hotel while attending a youth sports event in the area. The hotel was very accommodating to our needs and went over and above to make our groups feel welcomed and special. The property was very clean and the entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The sales director, Ashley, was awesome! Every hotel should have someone like her representing them. I would highly recommend the hotel for any travel in the Phoenix area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David R

Thank you for our stay and happy our associate Ashley could make a difference for you! We hope you choose us again on your trip to Chandler AZ!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I generally stay either in the Phoenix or Scottsdale area when travelling to Phoenix, Arizona but as the other family we were travelling with rented a house in neighbouring Gilbert, we decided to stay in Chandler. I travelled with my husband and toddler and found the Fairfield a very comfortable stay. The room was clean and worked well for the three of us. It had a separate sitting area where we were able to place the crib so while we could still hear our toddler there was enough of a separation for us that allowed her to sleep, and for us to stay up without having to sit in the dark with her. There is also a complimentary breakfast each day which was helpful as there was a decent selection to feed the three of us. The Fairfield is joined onto the Couryard Marriott which has a nice fire pit that guests from both hotels can use, so we sat out there one night. Nothing in terms of food selection, but the Fairfield is very close to the Chandler Fashion Mall which has an abundance of restaurants. The Fairfield was also very close to the freeway so that made it easier to get to wherever we needed relatively quickly. All in all a very pleasant stay and I would stay there again if I was staying in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MickBaby8

Thank you MickBaby8 for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is a newer Fairfield, very clean and comfortable. It's attached to a Courtyard, but is the less expensive option. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

Location: Good location, easy access to freeways, no restaurants within walking distance, but attached to the Courtyard, which has a Bistro bar and restaurant - food is pretty good, easy option
Lobby: Very Nice, Modern
Front Desk Staff: Super Friendly, welcoming and helpful
Décor: Simple, modern - love it
Room Size: Suites have a small sitting area and bedroom
Room Cleanliness: Very Clean
Room Décor: Modern
Bathroom: Nice size, shower only, very clean
Hairdryer: Real hairdryer
Bed: Clean and comfy
Outlets: 1 outlet by the bed, plenty of outlets throughout the room
Internet: Decent free internet; can upgrade to faster for $4.95
Hotel Noise: Quiet
Gym: Small shared gym with the Courtyard
Business Center: Small shared biz center with Courtyard
Food Options: Good, complimentary breakfast. You can also a la carte at the attached Courtyard

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank laketravishill
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights while visiting a friend in AZ. I had wanted a King room on the top floor, but since none were available I settled for two queens on the top floor.

Pros:
-Very comfortable beds - one of the best I've slept on in a hotel.
-Nice AC unit - the control is on the wall and there were no funny clunking or knocking noises to contend with during the night.
-Very adequate breakfast with plenty of selection of hot and cold items.
-Decent fitness room with cardio, free weights, a bench, and a bow-flex type machine.
-Decent pool and hot tub in working order with plenty of clean towels.
-I liked the free standing shower with no tub, and plenty of counter space room in bathroom for the ladies with a lot of toiletries like me. Thank you for not putting the coffee stuff in the bathroom.
-Friendly, courteous staff who called me when I got in my room to make sure I liked the room.
-Good price - they gave me a better rate that I was expecting on the second night.

Cons:
-Not a fan of the décor but it was not a big deal.
-Slow elevators.
-I was surprised but room wasn't that big and seemed sort of tight although it wasn't a big deal. No reclining chair to watch TV but I didn't spend much time in room anyway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Quiet_Night
DJ K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Hello Quiet_Night and thank you for your review!

We here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites do appreciate your business and would love for you to choose us as your hotel during your next stay in Chandler Arizona! Also be sure to ask about complimentary suite upgrades! Our complimentary breakfast and 24/7 Starbucks are a great part of our accommodations as well as the fitness, pool and patio areas.

Thank you again!
DJ Kooner

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We have had Two stays in two years for Spring training baseball. The hotels location is convenient to highways & many ballparks.
The rooms are nice the service was very good, they have a great free breakfast.
Decent workout room & nice little pool.

• Stayed: March 2014