“Wonderful - new favorite spot in Chandler”

D-Vine Wine Bar and Bistro
Ranked #32 of 695 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Wow. Great surprise dinner. Restaurant was crowded which is always a good sign.
Nice happy hour and a different special each night of the week.
I had salmon and butternut squash risotto which was perfect. My dining partner had a scallops salad. The scallops were huge and some of best he's had.
After dinner coffee was fresh and flavorful.
Great wine menu. Different types of dining. Regular tables, high tops, or lounge on a love seat. Nice outdoor patio.
Great night.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We ordered from the tapas and the regular menu, which ended up being way too much food, but took it home for leftovers. The street tacos and jalapeño poppers were a definite favorite! Inside was too loud since they had a singer with an amplifier turned up way too much for the size of the room. Service was very good, and all of the staff checked on you routinely to make sure you weren't lacking for anything. We will definitely be back again.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Been here a handful of times now: some for drinks and snacks, some for full meals, and once for a wine dinner. The food was uniformly excellent on all occasions. The calamari is not your typical fried blobs with dipping sauce; it is actually plated with a sweet chili sauce and there are some assorted veggies in there, too. It's a good size for two people to split as an appetizer, or you could make a solo meal of it. The chipotle hummus is excellent (and pretty jazzy). There are daily specials, although the website is not always kept up to date with the info. Very good small pizzas. Friendly service, but the kitchen can be a little slow (it's worth the wait, however). Reasonable selection of wines, but not spectacular. One handy feature: if you plan to make a heavy night of it, there's a hotel across the parking lot, so no need to risk becoming a DUI statistic.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I'm sure their wine is fantastic, but I didn't come here for the wine. I was visiting my dad, looking for non-mainstream fare, and this place was near his house. What a great find! It's a lovely restaurant, with delicious, well-conceived food combinations throughout all the menu courses. I had a great beet salad when I was there, and a nice, light, thin crust pizza. The wait staff was very kind, knowledgable, and attentive. Only drawback to the physical space is that there is a lot of ambient noise, it really resounds and reverberates off the walls and ceilings. My dad is 72, so it made it hard for him to hear. So if you're going with someone with older ears, try to sit in the corner, or go at a less busy time.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I visit D-Vine whenever I am in the mood to take my time over dinner, and really enjoy a glass of wine. The service is so good that the wait staff remembers me and greets me warmly, even if it's been a while between visits. The other guests tend to be upscale, mid 30s to 50s, and still like to dance and hear a good band, if the weekly scene is any indication.

The patio outside is wonderful and I've enjoyed it by candlelight at night, or with misters overhead to stave off the heat so that I could still enjoy the view and conversation.

The menu rotates based on foods that are in season, and during some times of the year D-Vine offers free wine tastings during the week. Whether I want to nibble on bruschetta over wine or have the hand-made pasta for a more filling meal, I am always looking forward to D-Vine.