“High Price but excellent”
Review of Don Shula's

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located at the Wild Horse Pass casino
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Excellent food and terrific service. Right inside the casino. Side dishes can feed two or three. We have a table of 11 and almost everyone had a different main course. Everyone was pleased with their food

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have been going to Shula's every year on our wedding anniversary and we are always so happy we did. Not only is the food wonderful, but the treatment we receive is just amazing and that makes the whole experience so much fun and very special. As soon as the staff know you have a special event like an anniversary they pull out all of the stops, from a little sign on your table announcing your anniversary to a very delicious and huge complimentary piece of chocolate cake at the end of your meal.

My husband loves Shula's steak and had the Kansas City Strip tonight. I cannot get enough of their jumbo lump crab cakes and ordered them, even though I was very tempted by their special serving of Chilean Sea Bass. The sides are enormous and we shared a wedge salad (always delicious), green beans with red peppers and a sweet and tangy soy sauce mixture, and a creamy order of lobster mashed potatoes (yum). We take home most of our food and have a second wonderful meal the next day.

They are very skilled with cocktails, making my very picky husband happy with his Bombay Sapphire Martini, and I had a wonderful Margarita made with Hornitos Reposado and Grand Marnier. My husband wanted a dry red wine and let the wine steward select it. He was very happy with the Argentinian Malbec they brought him.

The staff are very professional and you are never answered with the ubiquitous "You got it" for any request you make. You are introduced to three staff when you arrive, who take excellent care of you from beginning to end.

We enjoyed a wonderful conversation with the Manager tonight about how staff are hired and trained, and what they have to know to provide the level of service Shula's requires. He very generously provided my husband with a complementary glass of port to go with our anniversary dessert. While we enjoyed dessert the staff packed up our leftovers in high quality containers and it looked like we were taking home a meal for a party. We know from experience all of our leftovers reheat very well.

It was a wonderful anniversary, a fantastic dinner and a thoroughly enjoyable experience at Shula's tonight.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

It is on the second floor of the "Wild Horse Hotel & Casino" Great entrance into the Hotel & Don's with lots of footballs in the Restaurant Lobby. The dining area is long & has a curved wall with lots of football player photos. Most seating I believe is tables. My wife had trouble hearing at first & then the four guys left !!

The service was outstanding maybe the best part of the evening.

We ordered the seafood plater to start ($60). It had very large shrimp (very good); the crab legs were large but seemed dry-out ; the Ousters were soft (so-so); the two pieces of lobster were also dry-out. Not worth the money !!

The wine list is great from all over the world. A single glass of wine is around $14.

The bread was outstand & baked at Shula's they say.

My wife & I split a Caesar Salad & it was poor & not worth the $$$ !

My son had two filet, never said they were good (he suggested we go to Shula's). My wife & I each had the 8oz filet ($$$$$). We were asked to cut the center of the steaks when they came & they came as ordered. Mine turned brown inside right away (really not much favor). My steak was so-so (not on the par with "THE KEG", $$$). My wife said her steak was very good. My granddaughter had the Lobster tails (it was her birthday), she gave two pieces to me & they were still dry with lots of butter on the meat.

My son ordered a baked potato it was very large ($$$). My wife & I split special kind of French Fries order they were very good ($$$).

They gave us a free very large heavy chocolate cake to split, it was good !

Because of the quality of the food (so-so) & the prices (high-high) we will never go back to any of DON SHULA'S Restaurant's, & that is too BAD !!!

Basically our rating of 'POOR' is because of the pricing & so-so FOOD !!!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

have been here twice. alway excellent steaks, wine, and service. wished it was a little darker but other than that it's a good place.

1  Thank pmannaz
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Guess it's us...we're two crabby old seniors....two years ago had a miserable dinner maybe because it was a Friday evening and large parties. This week we stayed at Wild Horse Pass and decided to try again. No choice at this hotel for a nice sit down meal. Bad mistake choosing Shula's. We opened the restaurant and very nice and quiet. When we ordered the bottle of wine, waiter came back and said all out of it. Tried to push another that we had never heard of...all of a sudden they found a bottle. Appetizers were good - I had shrimp and hubby had salad. Guess what we disliked the most is when you tell them...we are in no rush please, the wait staff seems to be always in your face from beginning to end...even when no one waiting for your table!! We both ordered the small tenderloin medium and a side of mashed. Must be what they feed the cattle to make Shula's beef strictly their signature beef as the tenderloins had no taste and dry even though center was red; no juices such as other steakhouses have but this must be Shula's way of cooking. Give them the benefit of doubt that maybe second string in kitchen on Tuesdays??? Expensive disappointment but must be us...everyone loves this place.

1  Thank myakkalady