“Clean,quiet, very friendly staff...”

Chandler Southgate Hotel
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Stayed here for CAMARO5fest in Phoenix. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The room service, which I ordered twice, was at my door quickly, with a smile, and the food was good. Recommend the minestrone soup...

The room was immaculate, and although yes, this property may be a bit dated, it was clean and fresh. The rooms were huge, we had a 2 room king. Able to close the french doors at night separating the 2 and my husband could work in one area and I could sleep in the other. Never heard any other customers in the hall at night, not once. Pool area was very clean, pool itself was clean as well. Overall, this hotel is well maintained, with pleasant staff and provides a nice place to relax. Good location off the 10, easy access.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank HollywoodNIN
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Thank you very much for choosing the Radisson Hotel Phoenix-Chandler for your recent stay. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our rooms and our property! I am so happy that you found our rooms to be comfortable for your party. I am also glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our fine restaurant on property. I would have to agree with you, the minestrone soup is delicious! Again I would like to thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you this way! If you have any additional feedback or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at 480-961-4444 ext 534. Thank you again for your patronage.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights and experience was good but the hotel is old property and thus can't expect too much from it. Food was OK. Breakfast was Lavish and good quality but service was just OK.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. I am sorry that you did not feel the room was not up to your standards. We are looking at a few upgrades/renovations happening in the near future. We are excited to upgrade the property and make it lovely for our guests. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Once again, we do apologize about the inconveniences you have experienced at our hotel.

Reviewed 20 November 2010

Can't say enough bad. Will not visit again. I would rather pay twice the amount I paid to get a decent nights rest. The rooms are outdated. It is terribly obvious they attempted to remodel, but basically threw paint on the walls...there's plenty of drips on the bathroom floor. Carpet frayed at the doors...drain in the tub has yellow all around. Moving on to the rest of the guests staying this weekend (we booked two nights), kids wandering the halls yelling and screaming. No staff anywhere to be seen. Look, I understand some talking going on, but for 3 hours....pitiful place. Be warned....stay next door at the Red Roof.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2011

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. I am sorry that you did not feel the room was not up to your standards. We are looking at a few upgrades/renovations happening within the next year. We are excited to upgrade the property and make it lovely for our guests. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Once again, we do apologize about the inconveniences you have experienced at our hotel. If you would like to discuss your experience further with me, please don't hesitate to call me at the phone number listed below

Sisi Ramos
Front Office Manager
480-961-4444 ext 534
Sisi.ramos@radisson.com

Reviewed 9 October 2010

We got our room on a special 40% off special. When we first checked in, we were given a smoking room so we requested a change and there was no problem. Very pleasantly surprised...the rooms were large, clean and well decorated and in a good neighborhood. The property was nice and had a large pool. The service and staff was outstanding, everyone extremely helpful and accomodating. I would recommend this hotel to those who don't requite a microwave or frig in their room.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I stayed at the Radisson Chandler for 3 nights. I was in town to visit some friends that live in the area. I got this hotel on a discount website for $39/night!! I couldn't believe how nice this hotel was for the price. The room was big, had the sleep number beds, and the staff were all friendly. The maid service did an excellent job. We also enjoyed the pool since it was record heat while we were there. I wasn't in my room for very long but when I was, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also didn't hear any people or doors closing on my floor. It was nice to get a good nights sleep which I rarely have at a hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Yankee11
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Stayed here on business, so I didn't pay for it but would come back on my own. Rooms were big and clean, though the set ups were odd and need updated. The beds were sleep comfort which was cool, though mine wasn't working so there was a weird incline between one side of the bed to the other. The service was friendly, especially a waitress in the restaurant area. The pool area was very nice as well.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Check in - lobby area impressive. All down hill from there. Switched rooms twice as they all smell like over powered air freshner trying to cover up a damp moldy smell.

When checking in we watched people struggle with the bell carts that had flat tires. When they told the front desk the response was shocking. They said just use them and I will write it down to be repaired.

with that said, before you knew it one tipped over and fell on a little boy. They didnt want to take any responsibility. The manager was not there so the next day I went to speak with him and I found out that he was not only not there but not really the manager as of yet and they didnt have one.

Behavior was disgraceful.