“Excellent!”

Chandler Southgate Hotel
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Check in was fast and Lady at the front Desk was very nice and friendly and explained to me all the hotel amenities. Room was Great...Bed was comfortable! Loved that we already had water bottles in our room! Good experience. I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mimz2013
SisiRChandlerAZ, Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you so much for such a great response. We are happy to see that our staff was able to provide you with an exceptional hospitality experience. We look forward to your future visits.

Leslie Beringer

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was disappointed with my stay at the Raddison. The room was nice and the location of the hotel was great, but the smell of the room made the overall experience disappointing. From the moment we walked into our room it smelled like an old, dirty toilet. I thought maybe the smell would go away after awhile, but it never did. When we went out for the evening it smelled the same way in the hallways leading me to think that they have backed up sewer lines (same kind of smell). We ended up checking out of the hotel early instead of sleeping in because we could not stand the smell any longer.

I unfortunately will not be staying at this hotel again. The customer service was not that great; just average service. Not what I would expect from the Raddison. Upon checking out staff did not ask if we enjoyed our stay or anything of that sort.

If I choose to stay in this area again I will stay at one of the other hotels/motels adjacent to them for a cheaper price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
RadGM, General Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. I apologize that our team did not connect with you while on property about your concerns. Our service culture is Yes I Can and the staff is empowered to make it right. I will speak to the team to be sure our rooms are up to Radisson standards for any future stays.
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I'm a bit disappointed by Radisson hotels in US in general. It's way different quality than the Radisson Blu hotels in Europe, especially in Scandinavia.
The stuff was friendly. Room was generally ok, I really like the number bed where you can adjust hardness of the bed yourself. But old CRT tv set is spoiling the impression of the room.
Also lack of any fridge in the room is disappointing. You get a fridge in most of less priced hotels in the room (f.e. most of cheap Marriot brand hotels) and from Radisson I would expect mini-bar fridge or at least empty fridge. I know you can request it and they will bring it to your room but it's too much hassle for a single night.
Windows were awfully dirty and there is no excuse that it was on high floor and the windows don't open - it was possible to open the windows from the room so they can be easily cleaned.
Nice pool, free parking and free wifi internet. Breakfast for additional fee.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge if you want it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you very much, for taking the time to answer your guest satisfaction survey, and also for acknowledging the friendliness of the staff, I’m sorry that your stay was not as expected, at Radisson Chandler we strive to give a 100% guest satisfaction, and as we know that we are in need of some new things, and I can assure you we are working, diligently to give a better service to our guests, your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated,

Sincerely Helia Villafan Front office manager.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

After a long-haul flight from Europe, spent our first night at Radisson Chandler. Nice, tidy, spacious rooms. Staff friendly and helpful. Maybe not the best location when you need to go up North the day after (booked by travel agent!). Good stay, according to expectations.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Thank you, very much for your comments about your stay, with us at Radisson Hotel Chandler. I’m glad that your stay was as expected, I’m sorry that you had to travel far the next day, I’m glad that you had a good stay and rested, stay after your long flight.

Helia Villafan Front Office Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

The hotel offers a great value and really pleased with staff. The minor issue is the hotel doesn't have a airport shuttle. But this New Yorker will offer an indispensable tip for those wanting to stay at this location traveling from airport. You take the light rail to tempe and take 72 bus to Chandler Mall and call desk to pick you up. The hotel shuttle only travels within a five mile radius. Walking to various restaurants in the vicinity allows you to see how much an upgrade this hotel is to the surrounding hotels. Stay 26-28 May 2013.

• Stayed: May 2013
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you so much for your great review and for taking the time to comment about your stay with us at Radisson Chandler Hotel, we are so glad to see that you enjoy your stay with us and that, our service staff was also as expected and you were please with us, Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions, they are very good and I hope we have guest in the future that can take advantage of a great suggestion,

Thank you again for your time.

Helia Villafan Front Office Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2013

My wife and I needed a break from the craziness of work, kids, and life in general without costing us a lot. I used priceline to see what I could get for a three star hotel. I ended up getting a fantastic deal. In fact we save so much money, I decided to extend our stay here for a total of three nights! The cost of our dinner alone was more than our nightly rate here, thanks to priceline. We've stayed here a couple of times before, so we knew what to expect. However, it seems this time they upgraded the hotel.

There are several things that stood out beside the fantastic price. Check in was a breeze, with very friendly staff. The hallways were clean an modern. Nice décor. Our room had the famous sleep number bed. I like beds that are very firm (almost hard) and with the sleep number I was able to adjust the level. The in-room desk was great for working on projects we brought with us.

The free water bottles were a great plus. The towels were generously large. The water flow in the shower was as good as you can expect given the showers that you'd find in any hotel of any caliber. Central air with no wall bound AC units also helped increase the asthetics and made it feel more "upscale" than other hotels with wall units.

Some intangibles that made this a five star experience were:
1. The weather was perfect during our stay.
2. We had reached a breaking point in our crazy lives, and by just letting everything go to enjoy this much needed break for less than half the cost of what I would normal would have expected to pay to get away, makes me very happy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Woow: Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with us at Radisson Hotel Chandler, I’m so glad that you had such a good time, in getting off from a very busy life, and we at Radisson contribute to a much needed unwind time, I don’t even have words to describe how good we feel, about your comments, I have share your comments with our team and we all share your happiness, and are glad that we contribute to it, and because we met your expectations on your stay.

Sincerely
Helia Villafan Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

My wife and I were looking for a winter escape from the long winter of 2013. Found this hotel on line. Stayed a week. Sharing that the service was excellent, front desk, lounge and dining staff very customer friendly and accomodating. Thank you Amber, Emilee and Katie. Great location for other Arizona travel with rapid access to other dining areas as well. Relaxing pool and just plain of fun in the sun. Thank you everyone for making our trip just more outstanding.

Doug Seiler
Minnesota

Room Tip: Talk with Amber at the front desk. I found the 3rd floor to be just fine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Very warm thank you for your great review, I so happy and glad we were able to deliver a great experience at our Radisson hotel chandler specially when needing a warm environment, or like in your case escaping from a cold winter, also Thank you so very much for acknowledging the service received from our staff I have share your compliments with them and are very happy that you remember them by name. and you are always welcome to sunny and warm Chandler Radisson Hotel.

Sincerely: Helia Villafan front office manager