“Surprised by the quality for the price!”

Chandler Southgate Hotel
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed for a few nights and booked it at the last minute for $52/night. I was expecting motel 6 but it felt more like a Hilton. The room was very spacious and clean. It was quiet. The pool was salted so it didn't burn my kids' eyes. My only complaint is (worms?) falling on my head at the pool side from the trees above. I do wish the hotel had a microwave and fridge but other than that the stay was great and the location was superb!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our Radisson Hotel Phoenix-Chandler, we are extremely happy to know that we met your expectations and that our facilities and location and room size were much to your satisfaction!

In the name of all of our staff at Radisson Hotel we thank you for your visit.

Sincerely Helia Villafan front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Chandler Southgate Hotel

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The hotel was clean and quiet. As a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe in the hotel. The gal at the front desk was nice and helpful. I like it that the guests have to use their room key to enter the hotel late at night. Very conveniently located just off of I-10 and have a few really good places to eat nearby. An mini-fridge in the room would have been nice, but I managed to live without it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank shirley2girlie
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel, It’s a great pleasure to know that our facilities and staff was as you expected, and the our location accommodated all your needs, at Radisson Hotel Phoenix-Chandler we make sure our visitors have the service expected and100% satisfaction, and we hope to see you again in a near future.

On behalf of the entire Radisson Hotel Staff tahnk you for your business.

Sincerely
Helia Villafan Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Just staying for the night to break up a long trip, I was pleasantly surprise with the friendliness of the staff and the great location near restaurants and several upscale stores. The price was also more than reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2013
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments, it’s a great pleasure to hear that you had a pleasant experience at the Radisson Hotel Phoenix-Chandler. We are conveniently located to most major attractions and we are happy to hear you where able to enjoy shopping and dining within short distance of the hotel. We hope you have another opportunity to visit us in the near future.

Sincerely Helia Villafan Front Office Manager

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed here when we came out for our son's wedding and were impressed with the location, (close to highway and walking distance to restaurants). The beds were very comfortable (sleep number beds) and lots of pillows. The housekeeping staff was great, gave us extra's of what we needed and remembered for the next morning also !!!! Will definitely stay again if I go back to Arizona.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Woow, thank you for your kind words, and congratulations on your son’s wedding, at Radisson hotel our goal is to have 100% guest satisfaction, and I’m very pleased to know that our team work, make a great stay experience for you, thank you again for your time and acknowledgement to our staff hard work.

Sincerely Helia Villafan front office manager

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Check in was fast and Lady at the front Desk was very nice and friendly and explained to me all the hotel amenities. Room was Great...Bed was comfortable! Loved that we already had water bottles in our room! Good experience. I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mimz2013
SisiRChandlerAZ, Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you so much for such a great response. We are happy to see that our staff was able to provide you with an exceptional hospitality experience. We look forward to your future visits.

Leslie Beringer

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was disappointed with my stay at the Raddison. The room was nice and the location of the hotel was great, but the smell of the room made the overall experience disappointing. From the moment we walked into our room it smelled like an old, dirty toilet. I thought maybe the smell would go away after awhile, but it never did. When we went out for the evening it smelled the same way in the hallways leading me to think that they have backed up sewer lines (same kind of smell). We ended up checking out of the hotel early instead of sleeping in because we could not stand the smell any longer.

I unfortunately will not be staying at this hotel again. The customer service was not that great; just average service. Not what I would expect from the Raddison. Upon checking out staff did not ask if we enjoyed our stay or anything of that sort.

If I choose to stay in this area again I will stay at one of the other hotels/motels adjacent to them for a cheaper price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
RadGM, General Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. I apologize that our team did not connect with you while on property about your concerns. Our service culture is Yes I Can and the staff is empowered to make it right. I will speak to the team to be sure our rooms are up to Radisson standards for any future stays.
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I'm a bit disappointed by Radisson hotels in US in general. It's way different quality than the Radisson Blu hotels in Europe, especially in Scandinavia.
The stuff was friendly. Room was generally ok, I really like the number bed where you can adjust hardness of the bed yourself. But old CRT tv set is spoiling the impression of the room.
Also lack of any fridge in the room is disappointing. You get a fridge in most of less priced hotels in the room (f.e. most of cheap Marriot brand hotels) and from Radisson I would expect mini-bar fridge or at least empty fridge. I know you can request it and they will bring it to your room but it's too much hassle for a single night.
Windows were awfully dirty and there is no excuse that it was on high floor and the windows don't open - it was possible to open the windows from the room so they can be easily cleaned.
Nice pool, free parking and free wifi internet. Breakfast for additional fee.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge if you want it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you very much, for taking the time to answer your guest satisfaction survey, and also for acknowledging the friendliness of the staff, I’m sorry that your stay was not as expected, at Radisson Chandler we strive to give a 100% guest satisfaction, and as we know that we are in need of some new things, and I can assure you we are working, diligently to give a better service to our guests, your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated,

Sincerely Helia Villafan Front office manager.