“Not on par with other Radisson properties”

Chandler Southgate Hotel
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Either the chain has slipped, or this site doesn't meet the standards I have experienced at other Radisson hotels. I was surprised to see an archaic tube television when I walked into my room. The picture was terrible, as expected. The major complaint is lack of maintenance. The shower head didn't work properly, the tub drain was ringed with rust and the shower fixture loose and caulking pulled away. The staff was friendly, the food from the restaurant decent. There are too many options for a nice room in this area...With current amenities and working facilities. I doubt I will consider staying here again

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ArizonaMountainTech
SisiRChandlerAZ, Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. Every survey is presented to the executive committee for review. Your comments on the property condition will be presented. We are pleased to hear your experience with the staff and restaurant meal was on track.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I came here for a wedding event and I found the stay to be an excellent experience. The staff were friendly and attended to my needs. The rooms were well maintained - even some courtesy bottles of water (nice touch!)

Negatives I would say would be the gym is nothing more than a small room with a couple of machines and weights. Also the breakfast was ok but nothing to shout about compared to the food in the immediate area.

Overall, it's a very good place to stay with nice access to town (by car) and with friendly & helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jedi k
SisiRChandlerAZ, Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had fun at the wedding event here and that we were able to deliver exceptional customer service. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Regards, Sisi Ramos, Operations Manager

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed for a few nights and booked it at the last minute for $52/night. I was expecting motel 6 but it felt more like a Hilton. The room was very spacious and clean. It was quiet. The pool was salted so it didn't burn my kids' eyes. My only complaint is (worms?) falling on my head at the pool side from the trees above. I do wish the hotel had a microwave and fridge but other than that the stay was great and the location was superb!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our Radisson Hotel Phoenix-Chandler, we are extremely happy to know that we met your expectations and that our facilities and location and room size were much to your satisfaction!

In the name of all of our staff at Radisson Hotel we thank you for your visit.

Sincerely Helia Villafan front Office Manager

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The hotel was clean and quiet. As a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe in the hotel. The gal at the front desk was nice and helpful. I like it that the guests have to use their room key to enter the hotel late at night. Very conveniently located just off of I-10 and have a few really good places to eat nearby. An mini-fridge in the room would have been nice, but I managed to live without it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank shirley2girlie
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel, It’s a great pleasure to know that our facilities and staff was as you expected, and the our location accommodated all your needs, at Radisson Hotel Phoenix-Chandler we make sure our visitors have the service expected and100% satisfaction, and we hope to see you again in a near future.

On behalf of the entire Radisson Hotel Staff tahnk you for your business.

Sincerely
Helia Villafan Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Just staying for the night to break up a long trip, I was pleasantly surprise with the friendliness of the staff and the great location near restaurants and several upscale stores. The price was also more than reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2013
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments, it’s a great pleasure to hear that you had a pleasant experience at the Radisson Hotel Phoenix-Chandler. We are conveniently located to most major attractions and we are happy to hear you where able to enjoy shopping and dining within short distance of the hotel. We hope you have another opportunity to visit us in the near future.

Sincerely Helia Villafan Front Office Manager

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed here when we came out for our son's wedding and were impressed with the location, (close to highway and walking distance to restaurants). The beds were very comfortable (sleep number beds) and lots of pillows. The housekeeping staff was great, gave us extra's of what we needed and remembered for the next morning also !!!! Will definitely stay again if I go back to Arizona.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Woow, thank you for your kind words, and congratulations on your son’s wedding, at Radisson hotel our goal is to have 100% guest satisfaction, and I’m very pleased to know that our team work, make a great stay experience for you, thank you again for your time and acknowledgement to our staff hard work.

Sincerely Helia Villafan front office manager

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Check in was fast and Lady at the front Desk was very nice and friendly and explained to me all the hotel amenities. Room was Great...Bed was comfortable! Loved that we already had water bottles in our room! Good experience. I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mimz2013
SisiRChandlerAZ, Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you so much for such a great response. We are happy to see that our staff was able to provide you with an exceptional hospitality experience. We look forward to your future visits.

Leslie Beringer