“comfy stay”

Chandler Southgate Hotel
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was a bit nervous going into this hotel as I saw it gets mixed reviews but my experience was fine. The girl on reception was very sweet and welcoming, the room was large, clean and comfy. The location is fantastic close to Arizona Mills, the Premium Outlet Mall and many other places. Was a good stay and somewhere to consider for future stays in PHX.
I would have expected a free breakfast though, this was the only negative point

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan D
RadGM, General Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Chandler. I am pleased that you stayed with us and enjoyed the location and welcoming staff. I hope you can visit us again with full confidence that we will provide the Radisson famous "Yes I Can" experience every time.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our conference was at a more expensive hotel in the area, so we searched online and found this
Radisson. Friendly, helpful staff and quiet clean comfortable room. Breakfast was $20; previous comment says $6 at check-in, but we weren't asked about it at check-in. Plumbing around us was noisy. Air conditioner was resistant to efforts to regulate temperature for a day. Bed was Sleep Number. Good storage space and TV. Restaurant not open Sat or Sun.

Room Tip: hotel surrounded by highways, but noise not a problem in our room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 30 May 2014

After having a bad experience at another hotel, I stayed here for 3 nights. It was a clean, closed hotel with admission through only the front door with 24 hr front desk. The hot breakfast buffet was $6 if paid for at check in, very nice with fruits, yogurt, waffles, eggs and sausage, as well as pastries, rolls, etc. Small bar with happy hr each night, dinner served as well if needed. Room was larger then normal, sleep number bed, lg flat screen tv, need to ask for room with fridge if neede, not in all rooms. Nice pool area, hotel is in a complex of 6 different hotels, right near major highway interchange.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge ahead of time if you need one.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank debbill72
RadGM, General Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Chandler. I appreciate you mentioning the great breakfast available, large room and nice pool area! I look forward to your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Very pretty lobby and large outdoor pool area. The heated salt water pool is wonderful! Very clean hotel with extremely friendly and accommodating front desk staff. There is a nice breakfast buffet each morning. If you prefer going off the premises, both Dunkin Donuts and U S Egg are close by on Chandler Blvd. This hotel has a very convenient location – one block off I-10 and Chandler Boulevard.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RadGM, General Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your very nice review and for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Chandler. Thanks for mentioning our spacious lobby and pool area as well as our central location convenient to major highways. I hope you can visit again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked a room at this Radisson to be close to our family for a surprise 60th anniversary. Rooms had adequite amenities, however, we would have rather had a small refrigerator and microwave in our room as most other hotels have these days as opposed to the sleep number bed. Not sure if other rooms have been upgraded, but our bathroom was ready for an upgrade as the tub had some rust in it, and formica was peeling off of the counter. On a positive note, the breakfast buffet was fabulous and the hotel offers it at 1/2 price if you prepay for your breakfast either at the beginning of your stay or the night before. We would stay here again, but looking forward to the hotel upgrading the rooms.

Room Tip: This hotel does not allow pets, other than service animals.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our fabulous breakfast buffet and the location was very convenient for you. Your comments about the room condition will help us in the planning of the room renovation. We hope to see you soon for whatever brings you to the Phoenix-Chandler area!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I intentionally made reservations at the Radisson because of the good reputation. I was sorely disappointed! Staff were very slow with check in and didn't seem to be very knowledgeable. I made online reservations which showed a sleep number bed but our room didn't have one. We notified staff and they did move us to a different room but was time consuming. We had to pack everything up and move on the opposite end and different floor of the hotel. The bathroom had stains on the tile, the A/C wasn't on and was very hot in the room, the fridge wasn't plugged in, the carpet worn and dirty looking, furniture dusty. I really didn't want to walk around the room without shoes. I forgot to mention I had a AAA card but staff wouldn't adjust the rate at check out. We were planning room service and having drinks at the bar but no room service on the weekend and the bar could only serve wine/beer on the weekend. The website did not reflect this!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RadGM, General Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room and the availability of the bar. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. I hope you can visit us again to give us a chance to show our "Yes I Can" service culture and high Radisson Standards.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at some of the other Radisson properties in Europe and India and they are very good. I have booked my stay in this hotel and I hope this one lives up to its group's name. Other Radisson hotels wherever I stayed offered delicious free breakfast and I hope this one offers too.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for choosing the Radisson Brand. We look forward to your visit. Breakfast is available in our restaurant each morning, but is not included in all rates. Please check with the Front Desk at check in to see if your rate is included or if they can offer a special rate to add it to your room. See you soon!