“Not up to the Old Spaghetti Factory name”

The Old Spaghetti Factory
Ranked #129 of 664 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chandler, Arizona
“Not up to the Old Spaghetti Factory name”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Went here for get together with friends. I ordered marsala chicken with angel hair pasta, my other half ordered spaghetti and meat sauce with Italian sausage. We both got salad which was horrible, I thought salad had water due to the fact you could not taste dressing but turned out to be the dressing itself was watered down when I ordered extra dressing. Silverware was dirty.

Service was okay. Since they left a pitcher of drink on table. Probably will not return due to managements indifference.

2 Thank Guido65

chicago
“Best Gluten Free mac and cheese”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Let's start off with the happy kid in the family. She really enjoyed the mac and cheese. Very picky eater who was craving this and was satisfied enough that she picked here for dinner later in our trip. The only recommendation I can make regarding GF eaters....Find a way to offer them some bread. It would make GF eaters so happy.
Really enjoyed the spaghetti Vesuvius and the lasagna. My wife also said her stuffed pasta was delicious. Others with us tried their salads, and raved about the taste. I recommend ordering a salad with dinner and trying their amazing pesto dressing. So darn good.
I thought the value was good and the food was delicious.

• Visited June 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good food”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We are here the other night despite some other reviews the food was good and well cooked. The portion sizes were big but both our meals were good. The service was very good and the food arrived quickly. The only negative was that it closed at 9 pm which made us feel rushed as we arrived at 8.30 but the staff went out of their way to tell us that there was no rush. The ice cream at the end was great. We will be going back to this restaurant

• Visited June 2014
Chandler, Arizona
“Don't Bother...Try Another Place”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I normally have a Pollyanna disposition about most things and don't like to put negative energy out there, but I really do think one can skip the Old Spaghetti Factory in Chandler. This restaurant has another location near the downtown Phoenix area that is great. Unfortunately, the Chandler location does not compare. The spaghetti is either under or over cooked. The sauce tastes like tomato sauce and ketchup straight out of the can. Literal, tomato sauce, NOT spaghetti sauce. Most of the food is under-seasoned or is seasoned in a manner that is not reflective of Italian cuisine. The service is okay, but living in Chandler I am used to high levels of service than I receive at this location. I won't return and couldn't recommend it to someone else.

• Visited June 2013
Arizona
“Way down hill”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This was our first visit to the Old Spaghetti Factory in about two years and wow, talk about going downhill fast. We ordered our usual crab raviolis and I am guessing that over the past couple of years they decided to buy them frozen or in package, because they were horrible. I am sure that I could find better ones in the frozen section of the local grocery store. They were watered down, now flavor and the pesto alfredo was brutally thick and sat on the plate like molasses. the salad that was provided appeared to have sat in the fridge all day because the lettuce was almost frozen and almost see through a tell tale sign that it had been sitting all day. The butter on the children's pasta was not real butter, I am guessing it was the type of liquid form, not really sure. The other children's pasta was the alfredo and again, it was thick and sat on the plate like molasses. We chose to not have the ice cream as we just waned to leave. For $61.00, I think that we could have went anywhere and it would have been better than this slop. Nasty and we will never go back. The service was ok, the host appeared to not want to be there and seemed very disinterested in her job. The only positive was the addition of the french fries to the menu.

• Visited March 2014