SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center
US$89
US$85
ComfortInn
Great 4.5/5
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Chandler(Chandler)(Great Value!)
US$175
Quality Inn(Chandler)(Great Value!)
US$65
QualityInn
Very Good 4/5
Chandler Southgate Hotel(Chandler)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$91
Agoda.com
US$118
Hyatt.com
Great 4.5/5
Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino(Chandler)(Great Value!)
US$227
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfront deskany requestswalking distancegreat free breakfastthe sofa bedroom layoutdirectly across the streetchandler fashion centerhigh schoolmaintenance staffyogurthuge mallair conditionerawesome staffbreakfast bargreat place to stayextended stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This is a poorly run property that disappointed me with safety issues and poor customer service. I am Platinum with Marriott Rewards and usually find SpringHill Suites to be a great value. This hotel was a colossal disappointment. I bailed after the first night of a three night stay. This review is limited to four issues.

One) I checked in well after dark and went right to bed. I could hear noises outside and couldn't sleep well, and thought of changing hotels or rooms the next night. In the morning, when I opened the shade, I discovered the window was open. Obviously, either the maid was responsible or someone accessed the room after the maid. If it was the maid, either it was her being shoddy or her purposely making it easy for someone to access the room. BTW, it was a second floor window hidden from outside view by a tree. While it was likely the former, I couldn't shake the feeling that it was the latter. Either way, this is one of those safety issues that shouldn't happen.

Two) Rather than Internet access, guests received a message that the hotel's ISP was blocking access because there was bad activity generating from the hotel. While one of my computers has a Verizon card, it has a busted keyboard. Prior to my finding the open window, in order to get work done, I had gone to Walmart and purchased a keyboard. What a waste of time and money, necessitated by this hotel being unable to provide a basic hotel service: Internet.

Three) When I checked in the night before, there was no bottled water. Ordinarily a SHS provides a free bottle at check-in, and has bottles available for purchase. The desk clerk said something along the lines of, "We ran out first thing this morning" as though that was an excuse. For $30, they could have walked across the street to Target and purchased 240 bottles and sold them for $1 each. (Target was closed by the time I checked in.) The lack of initiative and customer service was a recurring theme here: nice, but incompetent people.

Four) The toaster was broken. Well, at least one half was broken. Person after person put bagel, English muffin and bread into that side, walked away and came back to find the stale breakfast item untoasted. When I said something to the attendant, she told me it had been broken for days and a new one was on order. I suggested she get a sticky note and put a sign up so that guests knew not to waste time. She shrugged and went back to standing in the corner. After two more people did the same thing, I got a Sticky Note. Several people thanked me. The entire time, the attendant stood in the same corner, staring off like she was miles away.

This is a poorly run property. IMO, the people are either incompetent or lazy, but it really needs someone to step in, take charge and, if necessary, clean house. In the meantime, there are better, safer properties nearby.

Room Tip: The best room is a room at a different property!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank CJKatl
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. it was a pleasure speaking with you. I'm glad we had the opportunity to talk about the situations that occurred during your stay. As we discussed these incidents that occurred are not the norm and it was unfortunate that you experienced such issues. If there’s anything I can do for you in the future please don’t hesitate to give me a call. Again, thank you and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We were visiting our son and stayed here. The suite had plenty of room for three adults. The desk left ample space for charging electronic devices and had a comfortable chair too. It was nice to have a refrigerator in the room to keep water and our dinner leftovers cold. The location was very convenient and although it was near the highway, the room was quiet. The area seemed very safe and the parking lot was well lit. Front desk staff were especially nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Movinup
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Hi, this hotel have a bit old rooms, and noisy some times.
On the other hand, it close to major highways, shooping centers and have a good breakfast
1 wired item is the TV, you can't be in your bad and watch TV, unless you want a nack problems...
Other good point is that this is the closest hotel to Chabad Chandler. ~40 mins walk...

Room Tip: Room not in the middle section, too noise from the pool
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We spent eleven nights here while visiting my son and grandson for Christmas and found it to be welcoming and comfortable. The room was very clean, well laid out and reasonably spacious. We especially appreciated the excellent housekeeping service and the helpful front desk staff. Breakfast was plentiful and featured lots of variety.

I used the small but well- equipped fitness room and we both enjoyed the hot tub and warm swimming pool. The only drawback was a wi-fi system that stubbornly kept returning to the hotel's web page instead of staying on the internet.

The hotel is across the street from a major shopping mall that includes a large variety of restaurants making the location especially convenient.

Room Tip: The third floor proved to be quieter than the other two. Fellow guests on lower floors were annoyed by large family groups and sports teams staying on lower floors.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Great caring place to stay. and very clean. Very friendly staff. They found and expensive item I left behind and shipped it to me by Fedex. This is awesome!

Room Tip: Very close to mall and a lot of places of eat
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo