“just outstanding”

Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
El Paso
“just outstanding”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Just got the room at the last minute online, so I had no idea what I was getting. The place is a very nice hotel. From the check-in staff to the minute I left, it was perfect! The staff genuinely cares about your stay. When I walked in too late for the morning breakfast to get a bagel, the management and staff seemed apologetic that they had shut things down. They tried very hard to talk me into re-setting things up for me---I declined, but it was the thought that counts. I even overheard the morning meeting--"what can we do to make the guest expierience better". It was as though I was at "hotel disneyland". The rooms were Huge,,and very clean. I really cannot find a fault with this hotel. I'd have to say the level of professionalism and service is about the best I've ever experienced. The facilities and room were top notch--and all at a great price!--really can't go wrong here!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Wodonga, Australia
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Great location, right next to Chandler Mall. Very comfortable suites, with plenty of room. Free Internet and breakfast.

However, the best thing about this property is the staff, very helpful and accommodating. Well done and thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Some buddies and I were in town for a Golf Tournament. The hotel proved nice rooms as well as two Queen beds and a sofa bed. We walked across the to a nice sports bar. There are several restaurants and bars in the area. It was nice not to have to drive. The staff was very friendly too.

Room Tip: Plan on parking the car and walking to shopping and dinner.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank AZGuy85255
Bangalore
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I had reserved my hotel booking, but on arrival was bumped out saying it was over booked. The hotel staff refused to give me a transport to an alternate location. Its terrible to be in such a situation when one is coming from another country and the hotel says, we have your reservations but we are sorry, we are over booked. Not sure what do they mean by "Reservation" then.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Andy663
Atlanta
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This is a poorly run property that disappointed me with safety issues and poor customer service. I am Platinum with Marriott Rewards and usually find SpringHill Suites to be a great value. This hotel was a colossal disappointment. I bailed after the first night of a three night stay. This review is limited to four issues.

One) I checked in well after dark and went right to bed. I could hear noises outside and couldn't sleep well, and thought of changing hotels or rooms the next night. In the morning, when I opened the shade, I discovered the window was open. Obviously, either the maid was responsible or someone accessed the room after the maid. If it was the maid, either it was her being shoddy or her purposely making it easy for someone to access the room. BTW, it was a second floor window hidden from outside view by a tree. While it was likely the former, I couldn't shake the feeling that it was the latter. Either way, this is one of those safety issues that shouldn't happen.

Two) Rather than Internet access, guests received a message that the hotel's ISP was blocking access because there was bad activity generating from the hotel. While one of my computers has a Verizon card, it has a busted keyboard. Prior to my finding the open window, in order to get work done, I had gone to Walmart and purchased a keyboard. What a waste of time and money, necessitated by this hotel being unable to provide a basic hotel service: Internet.

Three) When I checked in the night before, there was no bottled water. Ordinarily a SHS provides a free bottle at check-in, and has bottles available for purchase. The desk clerk said something along the lines of, "We ran out first thing this morning" as though that was an excuse. For $30, they could have walked across the street to Target and purchased 240 bottles and sold them for $1 each. (Target was closed by the time I checked in.) The lack of initiative and customer service was a recurring theme here: nice, but incompetent people.

Four) The toaster was broken. Well, at least one half was broken. Person after person put bagel, English muffin and bread into that side, walked away and came back to find the stale breakfast item untoasted. When I said something to the attendant, she told me it had been broken for days and a new one was on order. I suggested she get a sticky note and put a sign up so that guests knew not to waste time. She shrugged and went back to standing in the corner. After two more people did the same thing, I got a Sticky Note. Several people thanked me. The entire time, the attendant stood in the same corner, staring off like she was miles away.

This is a poorly run property. IMO, the people are either incompetent or lazy, but it really needs someone to step in, take charge and, if necessary, clean house. In the meantime, there are better, safer properties nearby.

Room Tip: The best room is a room at a different property!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank CJKatl
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. it was a pleasure speaking with you. I'm glad we had the opportunity to talk about the situations that occurred during your stay. As we discussed these incidents that occurred are not the norm and it was unfortunate that you experienced such issues. If there’s anything I can do for you in the future please don’t hesitate to give me a call. Again, thank you and we appreciate your business.
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We were visiting our son and stayed here. The suite had plenty of room for three adults. The desk left ample space for charging electronic devices and had a comfortable chair too. It was nice to have a refrigerator in the room to keep water and our dinner leftovers cold. The location was very convenient and although it was near the highway, the room was quiet. The area seemed very safe and the parking lot was well lit. Front desk staff were especially nice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Movinup
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Hi, this hotel have a bit old rooms, and noisy some times.
On the other hand, it close to major highways, shooping centers and have a good breakfast
1 wired item is the TV, you can't be in your bad and watch TV, unless you want a nack problems...
Other good point is that this is the closest hotel to Chabad Chandler. ~40 mins walk...

Room Tip: Room not in the middle section, too noise from the pool
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business