“Lovely suites but a bit pricey” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center

SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
England
“Lovely suites but a bit pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

We turned up without a reservation and so we paid $140 plus tax for a two queen suite which was much more than we wanted to pay but after a very long drive from Vegas we were hungry and tired so we paid up. The suite was fantastic and was worth the price however it would not be cost effective for a tight budget but if you can afford it then go for it!
The price does include a hot breakfast which was lovely. Overall the service and quality of this hotel is excellent and I actually preferred it to the Hilton around the corner which we stayed at a few nights later.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

I travel extensively and recently my work has me frequently traveling to Phoenix. Due to the almost weekly visits I needed a place that would accommodate my multiple stays. SpringHill Suites in Chandler not only excels in their customer service but were very easy to work with in finding a business solution for my busy schedule. Their Sales team was professional and genuinely excited to work with me to find the right deal for both of us.

I also want to say that the accommodations are very effective for a business traveler. They are clean, comfortable, spacious so you can relax and work.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2010

This was our second time staying here and would recommend it to anyone. it is very close to the shopping center. the rooms are very spacious, comfortable and free internet! Breakfast in the morning included hard boiled eggs and an egg cooked to fit into an english muffin, sausage patties and misc other options that are normally included with continental breakfast. I enjoyed the breakfast and it was enough to start our day. We will be staying here again when we return to Arizona.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

I stayed at the Spring Hill Suites as part of a large group of managers in town for a training. I think for the purposes of business, this was a great choice. The hotel was located close to our head office and also right across the street from the Chandler Fashion mall, which has plenty of (admittedly only chain) dining options. In terms of location for tourism, it's definitely not a good choice. All of our colleagues who live locally complained that the area where this hotel is located is the ugliest, most boring part of Arizona. It was definitely just a lot of bland, soulless sprawl for miles. It's fairly close to the airport but not close to anything that would be interesting or pretty to look at.

The service at the hotel was great, except for a weird moment the morning I left when the person at the registration desk shouted, "You ain't oriental!!" when I went down to get my cab. (The room was under the name of my roomate, who has a Korean name...she was not with me as she'd checked out separately). Has no one alerted the people of Chandler that "Oriental" is a tad pejorative? I told my roomate and we had a good laugh about it, but still. Dude, learn to hold your tongue.

Other than that, however, everyone was very friendly and efficient. There is a computer with free internet and a printer and paper, which was so useful--we all printed out our boarding passes before going to the airport. There is a fitness center with two running machines and an elliptical machine, and an outdoor pool. The free breakfast was pretty good, but sometimes they'd get a bit slack about refilling. Also, the sausages they serve are heinous. Stick to the bacon!

The room was really nice. There is a little living/lounge area with a bed, coffee table, desk, chair, and kitchenette. There is a TV there and one in the bedroom. However the room is all open so it would be a bit tough to have both TVs going at once. The bathroom was spacious with the sink and mirror area separate from the toilet and shower.

I wouldn't necessarily choose to stay here myself but for the purposes of business it was very convenient and the staff generally made life easy for us.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pumpkinpasty
Sahuarita, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

Loved the Hotel. The rooms had two Queen beds, a nice sitting area with a couch (with pull out bed), desk, fridge and sink. It had two TVs. That was great so the kids could watch cartoons on one side and we could watch a show on the other. The breakfast in the morning was perfect and just right. The pool and hot tub were in enjoyable. It suited our needs just great. We have 4 kids ranging from a 9 year old to a 3 month old baby and our stay was very easy and relaxing.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Karrencountry05
Northboro, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2008

I travel to the Chandler area on business about once a month and often stay at this hotel. Though I generally find hotels in the Phoenix area below par in terms of housekeeping and other devilish details I have had nothing but good experiences here. The staff is super friendly, the breakfast good, the rooms comfy and the pool, though small, quite good for the lap swimming I like to do.

Because I do not like to rent a car in Phoenix (insufferable traffic, a rental car place forever away from the airport, etc.) it's important that where I stay for a few days have restaurants nearby. The Springhill is a five minute walk from several -- P.J. Changs, My Big Fat Greek, the Keg, Olive Garden, etc. Though negotiating Chandler Bvd can be a tad of a challenge, it gets pretty easy in early evening.

My only complaint, and it is pretty minor, is that the selection of food and drink items for sale in the lobby does not include beer or wine (sometimes welcome after a long cross-country trip), but that seems to be a general Marriott policy.

But, at the end of the day, this a fine place.

• Liked — Well run, clean, friendly, good breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rkgood
AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2008

My wife and i stayed here last week for one night. We only paid $82 w/tax.

Room was a suite with two tvs, couch, chair, desk (all nice). The beds had many pillows (didn't need to ask for more) and was very comfortable. Shower was great.

Good breakfast-free USA today by the door,free Wall St. Journal in the lobby. Nice!

I have paid a lot more for worse rooms. This was the nicest room i've been in for a couple of years.

I would stay here again with no reservations.

• Liked — shower
  • Disliked — ice machine on 1st floor
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank edx50