“Quiet, convenient, friendly, clean”

Courtyard Phoenix Chandler
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Would definitely stay at this hotel again. The staff is very friendly and considering how close it's located to restaurants, shops, highway, I found it to be very quiet. The room was clean and well designed with desk, chair, sofa, table, king size bed. I like the TV on a swivel, that's a nice feature that you don't find everywhere. I'm looking forward to The Bistro for coffee and breakfast tomorrow morning.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor, three rooms from the elevator. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others! I was happy to read that you found your room to be very quiet and enjoyed the convenience of our location to nearby restaurants and shop! I do hope that your experience in the Bistro the next morning was as equally delightful.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stay at this hotel upwards of twice a month. I adore the personal service, which is really appreciated as a frequent business traveler who stays in hotels all over the country throughout the month. They know my name, my premier status and always personally greet me. All that said, the beds are some of the worst around (hard as a rock) and the pillows are horrible - flat as pancakes. You'd think for a company that is in the sleep business, they'd provide more comfortable fundamentals, e.g. bed and pillows. The last few times the beds have been so hard - like a palette of bricks - I've asked them to swap the bed, and I left with cricks in my neck that lasted for weeks. If mgmt actually tested the accommodations once and a while I don't think I'd be writing this. They make up in service where the comfort leaves off. I'm not sure how many more times I'll stay here.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear jcw,

I am pleased to hear that you feel that our service shines and that the name recognition by the staff makes a difference!

I also TRULY appreciate your feedback regarding the beds, and we are working with ownership to get them replaced. In fact, it is our top request for Capital investment next year.

Please drop me a note prior to your next arrival at gary.lueck@marriott.com, as we have come up with a new topper that we can place on your bed. Hopefully this will make for a more pleasant stay.

Until next time,

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is the ideal location for traveling to Chander, Ahwatukee, Tempe and Scottsdale. Great staff, close to shops, restaruants, airport and golf courses. Would definitely stay here again when travel calls. Breakfast was fast and hot - no complaints from us..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

dbrown49,

Thanks so much for your great comments! I agree with you that our hotel has a great central location to visit the various attractions and highlights that the beautiful Valley of the Sun has to offer. I was pleased to hear that your breakfast was fast and hot, and we look forward to hosting you again. Please come again soon, the weather is at it's best right now!

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I live in Arizona during the winter months and live in Calgary the rest of the time. We typically bring our fifth wheel but this trip was unexpected. We are always so impressed with the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Idaho Falls we decided to stay in Chandler at the Courtyard, they did not disappoint. The Fairfield signed us up for the Marriott rewards program about a year ago and we use it when traveling back and forth during summer and winter migration from our home in Canada. We are now loyal Marriott members thanks to the Idaho Falls Fairfield Inn and now our friends at the Courtyard Chandler Arizona.

• Stayed: July 2013
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

What a delight to hear that you are "newer" members to our Marriott Rewards program, and that you tried our hotel and found it to be just as delightful as our Fairfield Inn in Idaho Springs, Idaho.

Hopefully you can swing by and say "Hello" on your way down this Fall to enjoy the sun and warmth that we are blessed with in the Winter.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. its directly opposite the very nice Chandler Fashion Center so handy for shopping and for a large range of restaurants. The staff is friendly and helpful. When they learnt I had heavy bags, they cheerfully shifted me to a room closer to the side door (despite the fact this essentially upgraded me to a two bed, two bath apartment for free). I look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

It is always a pleasure to read a positive review, especially when it comes from a seasoned traveler such as yourself! I was please to hear that you enjoyed our location, and the abundance of great restaurants and shopping that we have in walking distance to our hotel. I was also pleased to see that we were able to upgrade your room to both a nicer suite, as well as a more convenient location.

We look forward to being your home away from home the next time you visit the Phoenix area.

Thanks,

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed one night in June when the daytime temps were very hot. In our room the AC was set for 65 degrees and it ran all the time never cooling past 75 degrees in the room. The toilet was not very clean. It had rust stains in the bowl. The carpet and walls around the hotel showed their age. Maybe this hotel is due for an update.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent stay at our hotel. While it is never pleasant to hear when one of our guests was dissatisfied, I nonetheless appreciate the candid feedback.

I had our Chief Engineer check the thermostat in the room that you had stayed in, and he found it to be out of calibration and had to correct it.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the South Metro area, that you will give our hotel a try again.

Thanks!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed 3 nights starting on 5-24-13 with my girlfriend while visiting family. Hotel as expected, meaning no unpleasant surprises. Convenient location. Room updated in 2012.

Had problems with housekeeping daily. On second day they did not show up at all! I actually spoke with the maid who was in the corridor at 5 p.m. and she told me she would come in half hour. We left for dinner and she never shoed up. The only other irritant is the tiny shampoo bottles. You are lucky to get one wash out of the bottle. Truly tiny!!

Otherwise, not a bad property.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms ensure nobody is above you. Our room had a pool view balcony. Unsure wether all room...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor housekeeping service you had while at our hotel. I also appreciate that you had shared the fact that the Housekeeper had not serviced your room with the hotel staff, as it gave us the opportunity to speak with the Housekeeper who was assigned to clean your room, and serve as a general reminder to all of our Housekeeping staff, to ensure that mistakes like this do not happen in the future.

Gary L