“Should not be a Hilton”

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Costa Mesa, CA
“Should not be a Hilton”
Reviewed 28 October 2005

I do not know where to start. I am a very disappointed Diamond VIP member at this time. 1) I had an agreed long-term stay rate with a signed contract from the Direcor of Sales. When I showed up last week at check-in they told me they can not longer honor the agreed upon corporate rate. They also said that for next week the hotel is no longer available at this rate for me. (they actually said it is "fully booked" but the manager might be able to override that - but not for my agreed upon rate). Unbelievable. First of all - a signed contract should be honored. Secondly - I did stay there for the last 3 months - and would have stayed at least another half year! I understand my rate was good ($64 + tax) but there are other hotels (Marriott) with comparable rates. Now this obviously pushed me over the limit. I won't stay there anymore but this is just the last issue (major one) in a list of issues with this place. It should not even be part of Hilton for what I am concerned. I have never stayed in a worse hotel (definitely not a Hilton) before. To sum up a few things - bad service at check-in on Monday night. Shampoo and conditioner are very often missing in the room. King Size rooms could very often not be guaranteed when I arrive - they can when I make the reservation. It is a noisy place with often heavy trucks parked outside of the hotel which keep their motors running all night. Very often my key card did not work (demagnetised?) when I try it to enter the room or the hotel at night. You must be wondering by now - but yes the only reason I stayed there was the agreed upon competitive rate which is now no longer available (I still have my copy of the signed contract which guaranteed this rate though!!). In short - I feel severely let down by Hilton. And this after the great time I had before in other Hiltons.

1 Thank FrankTibackx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Central NJ
Reviewed 26 October 2005

The front-desk staff is friendly and helpful! Rooms are standard for Hampton Inn properties--spacious and clean. We ran into a couple of minor housekeeping problems, but they were addressed promptly and completely. Breakfast is the standard Hampton Inn buffet, which isn't bad.

• Stayed October 2005