“Nice hotel, friendly staff, convenient location.”

Hampton Inn Phoenix/Chandler
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Birmingham, Alabama
“Nice hotel, friendly staff, convenient location.”
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We moved to this hotel rather than continue staying in downtown Tempe. The reception staff were extremely helpful and our jacuzzi-equipped room was spacious and good value compared to downtown Tempe prices. The room was well appointed and clean, the inculsive breakfast was good and we go back and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Van Nuys CA
Reviewed 25 April 2009

My travel to the Phoenix area brought me to the Mesa/Gilbert/Chandler area this time, so I chose to stay at this Hampton Inn. Room rate very good, I booked online and got the AAA rate. This hotel seems to be a few years old, the trees are mature and there's quite a lot of shade to park in - something to consider here in the summertime.

I learned after check-in that not all the rooms have a fridge and microwave (mine didn't). This wasn't a major concern for me. Otherwise the room was quite good. Cable TV had fewer channels (about 38) than at other places. High speed wireless internet varied in speed (to be expected when other guests are online), fastest was about 1.5 megs.

There's a Denny's and a Mexican restaurant within walking distance, and a Circle-K and a Whataburger across the street on Chandler Blvd. There are a lot of other eateries nearby, including other fast food places and a Waffle House. There are two Indian casinos close by, Wild Horse Pass and Lone Butte.

This hotel is easy to get to, I-10 at the Chandler Blvd exit. It's located in an area of business parks, but it seemed rather secure and not a dumpy neighborhood. I saw police patrolling frequently so it gave me some reassurance.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Dave_B_1
DC
Reviewed 2 September 2008

Well I am writing this while I am still in the hotel.

The front desk manager (Angela) was incredibly warm and freindly, as well as assisting me with several other things that I needed assistance with at check in. Staff like this are to be valued and after a long day on the road its great to find someone smiling a genuine smile.

The room is a good quality Hamton Inn room. Clean neat and everything works well. INternet is wireless and there are laundry facilities next door as their sister property. I got a really good rate as it was a very quiet night ($60-70 inc tax).

• Liked — The staff
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed 15 January 2008

I happen to still be at the hotel while writing this review. The hotel is very clean in a great location close to some chain restaurants. The rate was certainly fair when compared to the Sheraton rate. It is just a few minutes to the casino. The hotel employees are very nice and helpful and the internet is free and works great! The hot breakfast in the morning was average but made it is easy to get the day started. The room is well appointed and extremely clean. There is a sign that warns of construction within the hotel but I have not seen or heard it.

• Liked — Very clean and close to everything
  • Disliked — It was as close to perfect as one could expect.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Near Chicago, IL
Reviewed 6 April 2007

We found this to be among the best of the Hampton's at which we've stayed, and we've stayed at many. It was very clean and the typical Hampton breakfast was better than usual. The location was very convenient to I-10, and the restaurants and stores in the area were very close and convenient. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful, and the hotel was quiet. The bathroom was clean, and the entire hotel seemed to be very well maintained. We would highly recommend it and would certainly stay there again when we return.

• Liked — Proximity to the highway and abundance of restaurants and stores.
  • Disliked — Did not dislike anything.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
Middletown, CT
Reviewed 4 June 2006

We stayed here for our last night in Arizona. The room, with a king size bed, was large and clean. The breakfast was good and the staff were friendly. If you're tired of driving, you can walk to several restaurants nearby. We chose the Marie Callanders and weren't disappointed.
Our only caution is to leave plenty of time if you have to drive to the airport during rush hour traffic. We're from the Northeast and thought Boston traffic was bad, but Phoenix traffic gives it stiff competition.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank goodrzy
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 21 January 2006

I had expressly asked for a Non-Smoking room with no door to next room in my confirmed reservation. I arrived late evening and was knowingly given key to a smoking room. Then was moved two floors down to a non-smoking room which had a thru door to next room which I don't like. Had to haul my luggage around late evening and no help was offered.
Seemed like the FD clerk was either playing games with me or totally ignoring my reservation specs.
A bit overpriced.
Another Con is that the place does not have any Internet computer for guest use. I would expect two for this size place.
Other than this, the room quality etc. were above average.
Excellent Hampton Inn hallmark breakfast setup.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business