“Best of the situation”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This is a nice hotel in a good location. What happened the night we were there was a break in a water line -- which caused the fire alarm to go off (low water pressure)... but it had to happen on a Friday night at 3 am (not a slow Sunday or Monday night).

Despite this, the hotel did a good job by leaving a message on every room's voice mail, and also left signs in the lobby. They also apologized at checkout.

We liked the pool area with heated pool and hot tub. Could have played hoops if we brought our basketball. Breakfast was ample and some items specialty for ethnic guests who stay there.

Right off the highway with access to everything in south/east valley.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MidwestLiketoTravel

Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

After being rained out of our campsite on Friday, we hastily booked here because of good reviews. We did not see the listing state it was for a smoking room and were disappointed when we realized the booking was for a smoking room. My husband has severe asthma so this room was not an option. The flighty front desk clerk, Kathy, spoke tangentially about needing a refund through Expedia since this was how the booking was made. When asked if I could upgrade the room, I was told there were no non-smoking rooms available. Kathy kept talking so much I have to cut here off several times because I felt like I wasn't being heard- very poor customer service. She spoke of Expedia overbooking the hotel and how I should feel LUCKY because others may not even get the room they booked. I left and booked another hotel (Windmill Inn at Chandler Fashion Center- I highly recommend them). I then called Expedia and was informed that per the hotel's cancellation policy, my reservation could be cancelled but no refunded. Expedia states they would need confirmation from the hotel to over ride this policy. Expedia tried to call multiple times and told me they could not reach the hotel. I drove back to the hotel and handed my cellphone to Kathy. Instead of resolving my issue or acknowledging my plight- she spent 10 minutes on the phone complaining about Expedia overbooking the hotel. The Expedia rep started to haggle over the phone and Kathy then offered to upgrade us to a King smoking room. Uh- what about the fact we can't stay in a smoking room do you not get?! Expedia them stated the matter would be brought to his manager's attention to speak with the manager at the hotel. As of this writing, I have not heard back yet (next day). I admit fault in the booking but experienced very poor customer service from someone who not once wanted to pause or acknowledge the customer!

Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This was my second time to stay for an extended amount of time. The rate includes free breakfast and supper. Also a great happy hour. I would recommend this hotel over others in the area because the rooms feel like a apartment and not like a hotel. The staff was very helpful when needed.

Room Tip: Away from elevator
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I got in pretty late and was welcomed by Jackie. I caught her on the phone but she was quite helpful. It was a long trip so I asked about the food options. Dinner wasn't gonna work at the hotel, so I took the short walk over to Denny's and got some pretty good food. After that quick trip I spent a few minutes checking out the room. I happened to get far more space than I could possibly enjoy. It was a king and two queen room with two bathrooms. There were a few stains on the sofa and a hole in the comforter.

The rest of the place was pretty good. Clean sheets and bathrooms. Slept quickly for the early morning start but the bed was comfortable. They had a quality iron and ironing board. Didn't get a chance to use the kitchenette but it looked clean.

Overall a decent joint. A few items that needed to be looked into (see photos). I shared these with Amber and I am very confident that these items were being addressed immediately. Great impression and experience with the staff.

I grabbed a bagel but if I had more time, I think I would have enjoyed breakfast. Caught a cab and was off to the next destination.

Room Tip: The corner rooms (closer to the stairs and elevators)
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Even before I arrived at the hotel to be with my significant other for an extended stay, I was taken back by how caring the staff was for me. Then, upon arriving, it was like seeing an old friend and you picked up right where you left off, without skipping a beat. There were numerous times throughout the stay that I felt they were reading my mind, asking me to lunch or even just checking up on me. Tim (management), to Kathryn (front desk), to Ida (kitchen), I never had to worry about a thing.

As for the hotel, breakfast hit the spot, they have complimentary dinners from Monday to Thursday from local businesses w/optional alcoholic beverages (I love to eat), daily cleaning of the room, even if I was in it (the cleaning ladies would even ask if it was okay to vacuum if I was present, not to disturb me), hot tub never fails, and the workout room (maybe a flat bench for free weighs would be the only gripe, if I HAD to come up with one.) w/complimentary headphones.

Other than all that, if you love to drink water, they have a fountain, or get your own from the store and slap it in the fridge (I'm not a fan of tap water....being from the country and having a well has spoiled me.)

Thank you so much for taking me under your wing and going out of your way to make my stay amazing...and for also looking out for my precious better half.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I travel a lot for business (road warrior) and chose this hotel while taking a few days off with hubby and another couple to recoup - this was the perfect choice! located near the freeway, complimentary breakfast, snacks and adult beverages in the evening. The hotel staff is friendly, rooms are very nice & clean, Quiet enough for me to take a nap during the day, beds were actually very comfy.

Room Tip: 2-bedroom suite is excellent, each room had full bathroom and was especially roomy. Plus, had flat s...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Not bad for the price. I like having a separate sitting/sleeping room. My sitting room was adjacent to the elevator and it was a bit noisy each time the elevator was used. The room was clean but the couch appeared to need cleaning. The breakfast was not as good as some other hotels provide but was sufficient enough to not have to go out for breakfast. It was nice to be able to run down and get something quick. I chose to just bring my breakfast back to my room to eat. There is a small kitchen table and chairs in the room. Bed and pillows were comfortable and I slept well. I closed the bedroom door which helped to not hear the elevator. All in all, it was a good set-up for the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo