“a Southeast valley staple”

Serrano's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 695 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 April 2013

i lived/worked in Chandler in the early 90's and enjoyed Serrano's many, many times during those years. when i returned with my family for a Spring break last week - i *had* to stop in again. ah, memories. :-)
is this place "wonderful and authentic" ? well, its authentic but i'd stop short of wonderful and say that it's "pretty good".
service was excellent and the foot was fresh and hot. good safe choice here.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Four of us were looking for an "authentic" Mexican restaurant in the Chandler area. We read the reviews and decided on Serrano's. We arrived to a very busy place, with a 20 minute wait. We decided to wait for a table. The wait was about 20 which was fine. Once seated chips and salsa were delivered to our table-good chips, warm and not salty, salsa was on the mild side but tasty-if you like cilantro. Menu was extensive. Service was prompt, friendly and attentive. We ordered different mains. Perhaps we were expecting too much, because we all felt the food was average, and lacked any inspiration from the kitchen. It was somewhat plain, and although didn't taste bad at all, were generous portions, it was lacking "something". We had to ask for hot sauce to add a bit of "something". I was somewhat disappointed. I guess we should have gone into Mesa, as I've heard there are some great Mexican places there.

1  Thank Brian50Edmonton
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We had a late lunch at Serrano and it was very good. The Chilie reallanos that my friend had were very good and I had the spinch enchilados and they were good. The service was good and there is a lot of food.....I could not even finish all of mine. Margaritas were great!

Reviewed 13 October 2012

I am not into Mexican food,however my companion is,and he enjoyed his food,whereas I played it safe and has two chicken tacos,which I would order again because they were fresh and hot!
plenty of salsa and chips a pitcher of water on the table for you.The menu had plenty of choices,and we were not hurried to make a decision.The restaurant was moderately busy for a Saturday afternoon,and the staff extra accommodating.what I liked was that most of the tables were spread out inside so you were not sitting on top of someone,and crowded.With all the choices of restaurants in the area,I frankly would move on---unless you have to have good Mexican food and a great Margarita.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Great mexican food served here! Homemade chips are plentiful and everyone enjoyed their meal. Decor was ok but the food will bring us back.