“Birthday Dinner”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner and great service. Several ordered add on shrimp and lobster. Nice to see this in downtown Chandler. Would recommend for dinner. Wish they would have lunch too.

2  Thank Shirley M

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I made a reservation here one week in advance, explaining at the time of the reservation that we had been gifted a membership into a restaurant discount program that we knew nothing about and that we wanted to confirm that we would be able to receive our membership benefit for that evening. I was told that it would be no problem and our reservation was made.

When we arrived, we were shocked at how closely packed-in the tables were. We apologized to multiple seated patrons as we were herded to our table and had to bump into them and/or their table. (I am not describing a packed-bar section of a restaurant - this was their dining room.)

From the start, the service was terrible. Their wine list was disappointing and when our waiter did bring our bottle, it was the wrong year. When we asked about this (because it should have now been priced lower), he completely blew off our question with "that's the distributor's fault." What?

The food was mediocre at best and completely overpriced. They seem to be placing themselves in a league in which they honestly just don't belong.

Then, the truly infuriating part of the evening: the bill arrives and we present our membership cards. The waiter physically drops them on the table as he walks off with our credit card saying "those aren't good on Friday and Saturday nights." He was completely dismissive of our attempts to get more information until finally I YELLED after him to please return to the table. I explained that when I made our reservation - for a SATURDAY night - I asked about these cards, admitted to knowing nothing about the program, verified that we would be able to use them, and that I was assured they would be valid. He had the audacity to bark "it says it right on the card" over his shoulder as he walked off with our credit card. I was appalled to be spoken to like that by any server, let alone one who needed 3 reminders to please bring someone a knife and oh I'd still be waiting for my drink if I didn't keep reminding him about it.

If you're looking for a truly nice steakhouse, this isn't one. If you're looking for a nice atmosphere, they don't have one. If you're looking for good service, forget this place! We will never, ever eat here again.

7  Thank Kim A
Reviewed 27 July 2014

If you are looking for a great steak in the Chandler, Meas or Tempe area this is a great place to eat. The steaks and the service I always find top notch.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

One of the better meals I've had in the East Valley. Great steakhouse on the square in downtown Chandler - more "upscale", but you pay for what you get. Owner(s) are from the Midwest (WI), so they have some options that you wouldn't ordinarily expect from a steakhouse in Arizona. One of the appetizers is Fried Cheese Curds, a Wisconsin staple. You can also get Walleye (fish), which is a bit unusual for Arizona. White tablecloths, extensive wine list, full bar, and great steaks - more upscale, but nice to have an option like this in the East Valley without having to drive to Scottsdale or Phoenix. Give them a try - you'll be glad you did!

2  Thank Dan K
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The place it's clean and cozy. I ordered the steak and lobster. The steak was awesome. I didn't need a knife to cut it. The lobster was cooked perfectly and tasted so yummy. The staff was great! I liked it do much i bought a groupon when it became available. We will be going back

3  Thank nwarners66