“Above And Beyond”

Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Rochester, Minnesota
“Above And Beyond”
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Way to go Sheraton! You really got it right when you created this hotel. The entire experience at Wild Horse Pass exceeded our every expectation. The moment we arrived we were wowed by the views, impressed by the attentive service, and awed by the beauty. Our room was very well equipped, the common areas impeccably clean and quiet and the pools (4) and boat to Rawhide were a big hit with the grandchildren.
Special cudos to TIM THE CHEF....you are a genius! All the meals were fabulous right down to his southwest version of bisquits and gravy served at Sunday brunch.
Additional thanks to "MARSHMALLOW TED" (otherwise known as manager) for preparing the best marshmallow roast ever! Our grand-daughters were unable to be there for the scheduled Saturday night roast so M.T. arranged a special one just for us on Monday night. You are the best Marshmallow Ted!
My husband and I both work for Mayo Clinic in Minnesota and we uphold the belief that "The patient comes first". Sheraton WHP has created an environment of "customers come first" and have taken it up a notch. Bravo and thank you for meeting our every need and for making our time with family truly special.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Darlene C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Korean first
oconomowoc, wi
Reviewed 17 October 2011

4 Days & 3 nights of memories we'll cherish forever. Excellent pools and hot tubs. The grandchildren (4 & 6) believed the water slide was their own along with the biggest kid, my husband. The one meal we ate (lunch) at the pool side restaurant was fantastic with service to match. The room was large, well equipped and the bathroom was to die for. The breathtaking views only added to the experience. The Rawhide town was fun, especially because it was Halloween. The boat ride from Rawhide back to the resort was great. Hope anyone considering a stay will have just as a pleasurable experience as we had.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Dear Guest,

It sounds as though many lasting family memories were created during your visit to our resort and we are elated that you had an enjoyable time. Our waterslide is often a big hit with our guests and I am happy that this held true for your family!

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. We truly appreciate your detailed review
We hope that you and your grandchildren are able to come see us again soon.

Montecito, California
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I wish I had more than 2 nights to spend at this hotel. Given I knew I would have a bad night in SFO and then Thailand - see the reviews, I wanted to just asked everyone to come to me. Since I travel 100-150,000 miles a year when you find a nice one you want to stay. The one downside is the hotel is out there and I mean out there. It is in Chandler not Phoenix or Scottsdale where 95% of all upscale hotels are. So you want to use this as a destination hotel not in the middle of the action. It is very nicely done. It is a JV between Sheraton and an Indian tribe. The tribe not only insisted on the usual right to build a casino but they also won water rights from the Colorado river. So in the middle of the desert you have reeds and marshes, you have a river boat that goes down the river to the steak house and gambling casino. You have a bunch of nice pools although I wish there was one to swim laps in more easily. The colors are adobe modern nice touch and the rooms are upscale. Mine had a great view of the water features. The restaurants were excellent and I have admit I was concerned with Indian, Asian, Fusion but they pull it off with nice tastes and textures. We used a conference room and the service was excellent. There is a good golf course I am told - I do not golf but people like it. If you want to get away for a few days and just be in one place this is it. My one peave is that they charge a resort fee for the workout and the internet and some other facilities. Since everyone is going to use one or all of these just put it in the rate. Overall if you are looking for what they have they do it very well.

Room Tip: Check where your room is the wings on this hotel stretch out quite far and one end to the other is e...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your glowing review. We truly value this tool and are appreciative of our guests who take the time to comment on their recent stay. Thank you!

It sounds like you took advantage of many of our options and opportunities. We take pride in the storied history of the Gila River Indian Community and are happy to learn that you enjoyed the immersion into their culture through the details and décor of our resort.

With regard to our layout and size; when we designed the resort we wanted a space that followed the lines of the nearby mountain range to maximize scenic room views. So while that does make for a spacious building, we do our very best to accommodate requests for adjoining or nearby rooms, for guests who desire to be near one another.

We hope that you will return to be our guest again in the near future. We look forward to it.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights during a conference.
Well the title of the review says it all: perfect stay
- great conference facility
- great room and super comfy bed - only question: if one builds such a nice spacious shower, why be penurious on the shower heads? An overhead rain-shower, body jets, and a hand shower head would make this such a fabulous treat!
- great food, food presentation, and group seating indoors and outside for all of the meetings and breaks - only advice: there a committed oat meal addicts – like myself. If you know you have those in your party, ask to get it added to your buffet or add a Lipitor dispenser to the offerings.
- The layout and design of the place is enchanting and refreshingly consistent all around. Nice nature trail for a good morning run.
- and then there is Kai: five stars / five diamonds - fabulously charming setting and ingenious food, spices, and ingredients

Hopkins, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We were lucky enough to be attending a conference at this lovely resort and had a marvelous time. We had a few very minor glitches (safe, dresser drawer) with our room but the engineer Ignacio Bautista was fantastic! Took care of everything and even found a pesky cricket that decided to embed itself up under our mini fridge and sing late one night! Thank you Ignacio for giving us a good night's sleep!!! Linda at the front desk was spectacular too! Had an info sheet on anything I asked her - lobby furniture (which was really cool); lobby candles (which smell really good); Native American information and the beautiful paintings in the lobby and much more. Gigi at the concierge desk was also very helpful. She recommended a great place for drinks, dinner, and dancing at the neighboring Wild Horse Pass Casino - all just a free shuttle ride away! And the boat ride & visit to Rawhide was TOO much FUN!! Thanks for a memorable time and I hope to be back!

Room Tip: Although it's a bit of a walk down the halls, the rooms near the end of the either wing, facing...
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastically insightful review. It sounds as if you really maximized on all that is best at our resort, most especially our esteemed associates, like GiGi, Ignacio and Linda, whose weekly contributions and impeccable service values help us to truly stand out amongst our competitors. It is an extreme honor to hear that they connected with you in a meaningful way. We will be sure to share your feedback with them.

Taking the boat to Rawhide Western Theme Town is truly memorable and a uniquely AZ experience. It is a guest favorite. I am thrilled to know that you took advantage.

Please come back and see us again soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I enjoy luxury and this was one of the most beautiful, peaceful, locations for a resort that I have been to, with amazing recreation activities and other services. My room had a great view of the pool area. The staff was wonderful! No complaint about the resort or service at all except FOOD! I am a vegetarian. There was only one or two vegetarian options on all of 4 or 5 menus in total. And they were really bad. However, the staff was willing to accommodate me with raw vegetables at my request. If I went there again I would bring my own chef or call in advance with my requested menu for the stay. They definitely need to revise their menu.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Hearing you describe our resort as “beautiful” and “peaceful” is like music to our ears. We appreciate your kind words and love that you found our home to be a luxurious escape.

Our associates work hard to provide a high level of service for our guests and I am happy to hear that you felt well cared for during your stay. Personally connecting with our guests is one of our top priorities and we are comforted knowing that we achieved this with you.

I am sorry to learn that your dining experience was less than satisfactory. I can imagine that travelling with limited dining options would be very difficult and frustrating. Our chef’s try to accommodate all types of food preferences and we apologize that this was a missed opportunity on our part.

We hope to see you again.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Spent a few days there attending a conference; very nice setting, nicely isolated but not lacking. Room was comfortable enough and food choices were good and enjoyable. The staff were consistently good and focused on service. The catering staff were also very good at our receptions. A special thank you to Tim the super bartender. He added some much needed fun and levity to our experience at the end of a long day of work. He brought a smile to everyone's face and made each customer feel like they were getting a special drink made by their personal and attentive bartender. Great drinks served with a nice smile and personal interaction. Great thanks to Tim and all the great staff!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass? Share your experiences!