“Service - Julia” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
New Jersey
“Service - Julia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We just completed a national sales meeting and finished the stay with a celebration at the fire pit. We were waited on by Julia who did an outstanding job. Her service was impeccable. She should be commended for her professionalism and great personality.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I am thrilled that Julia made a lasting final impression on your visit at our resort. She has a very special and personable way of connecting with our guests and I am happy to see that she had this affect on you.

We hope to see you again next time you journey out to Phoenix.

Stephanie Heckathorne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Korean first
Dix Hiils, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

After staying at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass twice before with our teenage children, my wife and I returned for some relaxation time with friends. This was their first time at the property.

The property is immaculately maintained as are the fairly spacious rooms. If we hadn't been coming for several years, we'd think everything was recently constructed. We had wonderful breakfasts at K'osin, thoroughly enjoyed hanging out at the (generally quiet) pool area and helped walk off some calories by utilizing the 2 1/2 mile nature trail that's part of the property. The staff was very courteous, as we've always found them to be. We took advantage of a free night promotion offered by Starwood which made the high value/price ratio even more attractive. Wild Horse Pass is within 20 minutes of Sky Harbor Airport and about 30 minutes to downtown Phoenix or Scottsdale--a little off the beaten path, but a good thing if you're looking for relazation. We made a brief visit to the Wild Horse Pass Casino that shares the vast property, but weren't inclined to spend much time there. We wanted to play the two Troon-managed golf courses on the property, but one was closed for overseeding while the other was mostly booked. From past visits, we had been impressed by the golf courses, but were happy enough with the many alternatives in the area, which is a haven for golfers.

We are certain to return again in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Dear Guest,

WOW! What a review. Thank you for your generous words and frequent visits. It sounds like you are familiar with all of the adjacent amenities and recreational options on the surrounding grounds. It is great to learn of guests that are able to maximize their stay.

Please be sure to visit again soon and we promise to keep taking great care of you.

Scotland, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

This hotel is great - it is very peaceful and the staff are very respectful and helpful. We have been on 4 previous occasions. We again received interconnecting rooms which was great. The Hanyo Pool and Bar are great and the " flag for service" works well - being able to run up a tab is good as well as the availabilty of water free of charge - the free refills for Diet Cokes is good too especially when you have children/teenagers with you. We had breakfast at Kosin but also used the cafe one morning. The rooms were great, the hotel and grounds are exceptionally clean and maintained to a very professional standard. The shuttle bus to the Willd Horse Pass Resort & Casino (which includes Shula's restaurant) is very useful. We also used the tennis courts and the Spa. The only things that prevent me rating this hotel as excellent is the lack of wifi in the hotel rooms (you need to use broadband for a daily fee in your hotel room or use wifi in the lobby/pool area) and the lack of variety of child-friendly eating in the evening. We continually drove to Chandler Mall to Cheescake Factory/Firebirds and also Ruths Chris in Scottsdale. However, although you really need a car at this hotel - we still think the hotel is one of the best we have stayed at for relaxation/de-stressing and for service. On this occasion we used SPG points for one room and waited till late on to confirm our booking which meant that we obtained a better rack rate for the nights that we stayed. There appeared to be a number of conferences/conventions happening at the hotel but although this meant that there were more people at the pool occasionallly - it was not a major problem. The weather was great for October - 35C/95F and we can't wait to be in a position to return for another trip.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

I stayed at the Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa recently. I had never been before, and it was a beautiful resport. The staff were wonderful, especially Julia in the Lobby Bar. She went that extra mile finding us addresses and making recommendations on where to shop. She was just amazing. The whole resort was gorgeous. The food is great, the rooms were quiet and there was so much to do.

I highly recommend it while in Arizona
Shelley N

Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

I have been here for a week and each night Julia provided quality service to me and my colleaugues. She was professional, prompt and had a fantastic attitude.
And most importantly, she didn't get any of our drinks wrong. In fact, she provided us with other drink options that some, shall we say, older people, didn't know about.

She has a positive friendly personality.

Keep up the good work Julia!

Dear Guest,

Julia is a common thread amongst our TripAdvisor reviews. She has a way of genuinely connecting with each of our guests and personalizing their experience so that it is an interaction rather than a transaction. Her passion for her role at our resort is evident in everything she does and we are very proud to name her as one of our own.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I will make sure to personally thank Julia for taking good care of you and making your stay a memorable one.

We hope to see you soon.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere delight in working with one of your employees, Justin Beers. My senior executive team was coming to your resort for a conference and were due to arrive a day early. I contacted your resort and had the fortunate experience of working with Justin. I wanted to set up something fun for the team to do and thought an ATV tour would be just the ticket. I talked to Justin and had told him I had contacted an outfit out there but had not gotten a call back. He volunteered to get in touch with them and told me that he would be back with me. I came into the office the next morning and received a voice mail from Justin saying that he hadn’t gotten a call back from the company either; but he had contacted an outfit that your resort highly recommends, and left me the contact name and phone number. Justin also left me his cell phone number since he was going to be off work that day and encouraged me to call him with any questions.

What was really impressive is that he called me the next day to follow up and make sure that I had been able to arrange the tour with Stellar Adventures. In a day and age when customer service is sometimes forgotten, Justin went above and beyond in helping me get the arrangements made. It’s really easy to write when something goes wrong; I wanted to be sure that you know that everything went right with this!!

Kathi Allen

Dear Kathi,

I can imagine how frustrated and stressed you may have been when trying to plan a fun trip for your senior executive team and seemed to be getting little response from the outfit you had initially contacted. I am glad to see that Justin was able to step-in and assist you with arranging the ATV tour. Justin is an exemplary associate and he is a walking example of the service culture we emphasize here at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass. We consistently strive to take customer service to the next level by not only doing what the guest asks of us, but ensuring that the guest feels well cared for and in control.

TripAdvisor is a powerful tool for both travelers and businesses alike. We appreciate hearing feedback from our guests and we thank you for taking the time to provide us with yours.

Please come visit us again.

Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

We were in town for the NHRA drag races for 2 nights. Usually hotels near racetracks are not too luxurious. We were thrilled with The Sheraton Wild Horse Pass. This is a beautiful resort. The minute I stepped into the lobby I knew we were in for a great weekend. The staff from the bellman, front desk, restaurant, bar and maids were all very professional, well trained and extremely friendly. I had booked a $129 AAA rate on the Starwood website and was prepared for the worst room in the house. We were assigned 2 very large connecting rooms (#1027 and 1029) on the ground floor of the Pima wing whose patio's opened onto a gorgeous desert scene. The rooms were very nicely furnished in Indian design. I really enjoyed reading the hardback book that told the history of the resort and the Gila Indian River community. The bathroom was large and had a seperate large tub and beautiful tiled shower. Out 2 sons hung out and watched movies the first night and my husband and I headed to dinner in Ko'sin Restaurant. We had a round of drinks and were about to order when our driver called and asked us to come to his hotel. Staff took this in stride. (The team paid more to stay at the Hilton about 10 minutes away. There was simply no comparison...The Sheraton was a true upscale resort and the Hilton barely a 2 star property.) We went out to the pool about 9:30am on Saturday morning and relaxed for a few hours before heading over to the track. This hotel has a series of pools of differing depths along with a very fun waterslide. The loungers are very comfortable and there are plenty of umbrellas. My goal that morning was to relax, read and get a tan. My husband laughed as I ended up going down the waterslide about 20 times! My only complaint would be that there were no towels in the morning at the pool. We called and they delivered towels about 30 minutes later. This is the reason I rated this resort a 4 instead of a 5. I really wish we would have had more time to spend at this resort. I should have put my husband and kids on the plane home and stayed over a few nights. We will definitely be back, both for race weekends as well as for a regular vacation to enjoy all the ammenities that the hotel has to offer. I am looking forward to spending more time poolside, enjoying the spa, horseback riding and golfing.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass? Share your experiences!