“Good conference hotel”

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Friendly competent staff. Shuttle to casino. Good meeting rooms and food service.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your quick and helpful feedback. We appreciate your review.

I hope that you had some luck at the casino!

Reviewed 2 November 2011

Although this was a business trip for me, my husband accompanied me as well. We found the pool area very relaxing and accommodating with the pool bar serving lunch too. The food was really excellent. The premises were quiet and you were not disturbed by next rooms or outside hallway noise. Mostly, I will remark on the excellent and courteous service in the restaurant, at the pool restaurant and the front desk. I left something in my room and sent a note to the Sheraton when they sent me an e-mail asking me how my stay was. I told them I would really like to get the item returned and they made sure it was found and returned to me. Not only that, but they followed up more than once to make sure I had received the article. I was very grateful and so surprised that they would take the time and effort to see that this was returned to me. As a business traveler that spends many days and nights in hotels, this one deserves a 5 star rating.

Room Tip: You would definitely wish to be on the courtyard/pool side of this hote.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I imagine that traveling frequently for business can be tiring and I am glad to hear that you were able to find a sense of relaxation while at our resort. I am also happy to see that your lost item was returned safely back into your hands. Leaving an item behind is always a disappointment and we work hard to ease the stress that may arise from such a scenario.

Thank you for taking the time to send us your thoughts. We appreciate your excellent review.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

We just completed a national sales meeting and finished the stay with a celebration at the fire pit. We were waited on by Julia who did an outstanding job. Her service was impeccable. She should be commended for her professionalism and great personality.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I am thrilled that Julia made a lasting final impression on your visit at our resort. She has a very special and personable way of connecting with our guests and I am happy to see that she had this affect on you.

We hope to see you again next time you journey out to Phoenix.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

After staying at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass twice before with our teenage children, my wife and I returned for some relaxation time with friends. This was their first time at the property.

The property is immaculately maintained as are the fairly spacious rooms. If we hadn't been coming for several years, we'd think everything was recently constructed. We had wonderful breakfasts at K'osin, thoroughly enjoyed hanging out at the (generally quiet) pool area and helped walk off some calories by utilizing the 2 1/2 mile nature trail that's part of the property. The staff was very courteous, as we've always found them to be. We took advantage of a free night promotion offered by Starwood which made the high value/price ratio even more attractive. Wild Horse Pass is within 20 minutes of Sky Harbor Airport and about 30 minutes to downtown Phoenix or Scottsdale--a little off the beaten path, but a good thing if you're looking for relazation. We made a brief visit to the Wild Horse Pass Casino that shares the vast property, but weren't inclined to spend much time there. We wanted to play the two Troon-managed golf courses on the property, but one was closed for overseeding while the other was mostly booked. From past visits, we had been impressed by the golf courses, but were happy enough with the many alternatives in the area, which is a haven for golfers.

We are certain to return again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Dear Guest,

WOW! What a review. Thank you for your generous words and frequent visits. It sounds like you are familiar with all of the adjacent amenities and recreational options on the surrounding grounds. It is great to learn of guests that are able to maximize their stay.

Please be sure to visit again soon and we promise to keep taking great care of you.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

This hotel is great - it is very peaceful and the staff are very respectful and helpful. We have been on 4 previous occasions. We again received interconnecting rooms which was great. The Hanyo Pool and Bar are great and the " flag for service" works well - being able to run up a tab is good as well as the availabilty of water free of charge - the free refills for Diet Cokes is good too especially when you have children/teenagers with you. We had breakfast at Kosin but also used the cafe one morning. The rooms were great, the hotel and grounds are exceptionally clean and maintained to a very professional standard. The shuttle bus to the Willd Horse Pass Resort & Casino (which includes Shula's restaurant) is very useful. We also used the tennis courts and the Spa. The only things that prevent me rating this hotel as excellent is the lack of wifi in the hotel rooms (you need to use broadband for a daily fee in your hotel room or use wifi in the lobby/pool area) and the lack of variety of child-friendly eating in the evening. We continually drove to Chandler Mall to Cheescake Factory/Firebirds and also Ruths Chris in Scottsdale. However, although you really need a car at this hotel - we still think the hotel is one of the best we have stayed at for relaxation/de-stressing and for service. On this occasion we used SPG points for one room and waited till late on to confirm our booking which meant that we obtained a better rack rate for the nights that we stayed. There appeared to be a number of conferences/conventions happening at the hotel but although this meant that there were more people at the pool occasionallly - it was not a major problem. The weather was great for October - 35C/95F and we can't wait to be in a position to return for another trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I stayed at the Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa recently. I had never been before, and it was a beautiful resport. The staff were wonderful, especially Julia in the Lobby Bar. She went that extra mile finding us addresses and making recommendations on where to shop. She was just amazing. The whole resort was gorgeous. The food is great, the rooms were quiet and there was so much to do.

I highly recommend it while in Arizona
Shelley N

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I have been here for a week and each night Julia provided quality service to me and my colleaugues. She was professional, prompt and had a fantastic attitude.
And most importantly, she didn't get any of our drinks wrong. In fact, she provided us with other drink options that some, shall we say, older people, didn't know about.

She has a positive friendly personality.

Keep up the good work Julia!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Julia is a common thread amongst our TripAdvisor reviews. She has a way of genuinely connecting with each of our guests and personalizing their experience so that it is an interaction rather than a transaction. Her passion for her role at our resort is evident in everything she does and we are very proud to name her as one of our own.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I will make sure to personally thank Julia for taking good care of you and making your stay a memorable one.

We hope to see you soon.

Stephanie Heckathorne

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
#4 of 34 in Chandler
Best Westerrn Plus Chandler Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa

Been to Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass? Share your experiences!