We stayed here for one night before returning back home, since we had been here before and had such a enjoyable experience we wanted to return..
We were welcomed upon coming into the Front Door and the bellman was helpful in getting our stuff and brought inside...
The front desk staff (who was from Roanoke, VA) was helpful in answering questions and all..we had requested a room in the Maricopa Wing, but was told that there were no rooms available on that side and we were put in the Pima Wing (Room 3032).
A little unhappy, but were told nothing was available, even though hotel was only at 12% occupancy...
The pool area which is very vast, was very inviting and comfortable, and the adult pool which is deeper (5 feet) was nice as usual..
The views were excellent of the sunset and of the Dust Devil tornadoes that were around...
The room we had was nice and had a very comfortable bed and a view of the Pool through some trees and of the mountains (facing west)
The only drawback, was our favorite restaurant Kai (was closed) until the middle of September)..
Rawhide was closed indefinately, because of a monster storm that had struck three weeks previous and blew most of it to the ground, and the waterslide was closed for maintenance while were there..
I did play golf at Whirlwind and that was another awesome experience, thanks to the staff at the golf shop for giving us a lift back to the hotel, since we didn't have to wait for the shuttle (which runs through every 20-25 minutes)
We didn't have dinner there, since only one place was open, however there is a huge shopping area about a 10 minute drive away, with numerous restaurant options (to fit all types) of cravings..
Will return again and hopefully next time when things are open...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass is located in the Sonoran Desert on an expanse of rugged Arizona landscape where the ancient vistas, mountains, and roaming wild horses remain untouched. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Hotel Chandler
- Sheraton Chandler
- Chandler Sheraton
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort And Spa