“wonderful suites, still HOT in September”

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Rochester, Mi
“wonderful suites, still HOT in September”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed for a week mid September (still in the 100's) in an Executive suite. The room was clean, comfortable and well stocked. We had a balcony that looked over the pool towards the mountains. Housekeeping was fabulous (although I will admit it was much better during the week... asked for extra towels the 1st day and they were there all week...until the weekend, then I didn't get them even though I asked).The resort was very quiet as it was pretty empty during the week. I had breakfast each morning in the restaurant and very much appreciated seeing the same people all week... thanks to Justin and MaryLynn for taking such good care of me. We had dinner 1 eve in the Restaurant and quite frankly weren't impressed...small menu with limited choices...my steak was way undercooked and had to go back (they did only charge me 1/2 price for it)...frankly I expected more for the prices at night.
Spent 2 days at the spa which was quite lovely. Loved the pool, the young lady that served poolside was wonderful (so sorry I can't remember her name, esp since she remembered me the next day)....wish I lived there so I could go back regularly (and it appeared there were lots of locals by the conversations I heard). The workout room is awesome, 1 of the best I've seen at a Sheraton (tons of equipment that All worked).
My only complaint was the main pool, service out there was hit or miss (depended on who was there)... Matt and Dashaun were great... however the 2 young girls were not... the 1st day I had to go and track her down when I wanted something and no one came at the end of the day to have me sign out... they just closed up and left. Thankfully they were never the only ones out there so I didn't have to chase them down anymore. Also, on Thursday and Friday the pool area was a complete mess till between 10-11 am (and by that I mean empty buckets of beer bottles and food plates)...that should be cleaned up by 9am when people head out there.
They did have valet which we used 1 day but then self parked the rest since the place was so empty (got a place right outside the exit on the wing we were staying).
Never did see the boat that is advertised on the website as a shuttle.
Overall we had a great visit and I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
SHeckathorne, Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly appreciate you acknowledging those associates who provided great service and left such a warm impression. It is our hope that all our resort associates make such memorable connections. Your feedback is valuable as we work as a team to create consistent levels of service.
We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time at Aji Spa, and that you had the chance to enjoy the amenities and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Resort Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Korean first
Prescott, Arizona, Usa
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I was at Wild Horse Pass to share a weekend with my daughter and her family. I arrived late in the afternoon with my two granddaughters who are 9 and 5. The traffic was bad so I was a little stressed when I arrived. The valet service was quick and efficient, the check in was great as the girls were getting a little more excited by the minute. My greatest pleasure however was when I took them to the pool they immediately got in and started to burn off a lot of pent up energy and the waiter from the outdoor restaurant came right over as I of course was frantically waving. He immediately took my order smiled and even suggested the BLT sandwich which turned out to be fabulous. He had me a glass of wine within 5 minutes which of course made the whole world bright again. Buy wrist bands for your children, they are $15.00 a day but the children eat free and have free drinks as long as you buy one adult meal. My only problem is that as Sheratons tend to do it is starting to look used ie: the carpeting in the hallway is getting worn etc. I feel bad because I really do love to go to this hotel with family and play in the pools, go down the water slide and just absorb the peacefulness of the scenery.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool and you will see the amazing scenery to the mountains from there...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We love to hear when families come to visit together. Thank you for sharing your praise of our team. We agree with you. We have the best service staff in the world and we love to know when they connect with our valued guests. We just replaced our carpet and have several guest room updates and renovations on the immediate horizon. Please let us know what you think of the refreshed look and feel when you return.

PR Director
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We returned to the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort for the first time in 10 years, and we weren't disappointed at all. It has plenty of room for relaxation: around the pools, by the fire pit, at the indoor lounge. The staff is very friendly and attentive, and they were able to accommodate our early arrival.

Activities: The are multiple outdoor pools an hot tubs, a great water slide at one end of the pool area. The resort has two beautiful 18-hole golf courses that play through the desert, and they are very reasonable priced for a resort. There's also an equestrian center that offers riding tours through part of the reservation that houses the resort. The spa has an extensive list of offerings, a fitness center, locker rooms, hot tubs, saunas, etc. There are a couple tennis courts on the property, as well as shuttles to the nearby casino and outlet shopping.

Dining: The resort has multiple dining options, including a fabulous high-end restaurant that uses locally sourced food prepared with an international influence; a more moderate restaurant, and poolside bar/dining. The staff at the poolside and indoor bars do a nice job of making the rounds.

Ambiance: During the day, it very very quiet around the pool, as most of the hotel guests seemed to be attending a conference. But if it does get crowded, you can pay for a day pass and sit by the quiet outdoor pool at the spa. The main bar is busy at night, with sports on TVS around the bar and lounge area. If you want a quiet bar, go to the one inside Kai, the high-end restaurant.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms will be at the ends of the two wings. But keep in mind the wings extend a long di...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Skek Thash (Good Day, in Pima)

Thank you very much for your recent review. WE are glad you enjoyed your home away from home in one of our Executive Suites. We are proud of our hosekeeping team. They are attentive, carding and fabulous. We will let Justin and Marylynn know tha tyou appreciate how well they took care of you. Our team loves to hear that they deliver great service. We apologize that you were not able to water taxi. It does run regularly during daylight hours, weather permitting. Again, we value and appreciaet your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Mova Sa'pe. (Thank you!)

- Resort Management
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I've spent 5 days here for two concurrent conferences, and the facilities are excellent as has been the service. Unfortunately the hotel is remote and access to anything off site is by car only. The dining choices at the hotel are very limited and a casual restaurant with more adventurous (read spicy) choices would be a great addition. Also a loop trail for walking/running would be better than the one-way there is now. The pool looked inviting, but I didn't bring my kids along so it was wasted on me.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us at the resort. We are happy to hear that the service you experienced while on property has been nothing more than excellent. I understand that the location of the resort is not your typical placement and can be difficult to get around if you didn’t have a vehicle with you, however we try to give off the feeling that you are escaping the bustling city and entering a serene atmosphere that creates a relaxing and calming experience. We also offer a complimentary shuttle, for the convenience of our guests, that takes you to our spa, golf course, Wild Horse Pass Casino and the new Phoenix Premium Outlet Mall. As for our menus, our culinary team is actually in the process of revamping them and making additions. I hope that you can return in the future with your children so you are able to fully enjoy the hotel amenities as well as enjoy any changes that were made in between your visits.
Food and Beverage Manager
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My little girl and I had researched places to say over her whole 8 years and we did the Disney rush and trip there. Our experiance in the package first off was the taxi from the airport called SUPER SHUTTLE! The fair was included in our resort and airfare! They stink. We were almost in 5 accidents and when we told him where we were staying he screamed at us both! Said why would anyone drive out in the desert on a vacation! Both ways the service stunk! The resort staff was gracious and catered to all our needs its immaculate and we are very particular about things! They felt so bad after the ride to the resort they brought us a gift basket and the manager delivered it to our room with a signed personal card! WOW the food and services at the pool were a 10! The things you want to do is ride the horses and use their fablous spa. My daughter used the babysitting program while I was at the day spa. Quiet like heaven and snacks and service is also a 10! !!! You need to visit this either as a family retreat or girls retreat. The room service was there in 4 minutes flat the artworks is nice from the Pima Indians
You can use the golf course on the resort all included! Take our word for it we will be back again and again ! They cleaned every day and always were so helpful!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
SHeckathorne, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! I cannot apologize enough for the van service from the airport and am glad that our manager was able to right the situation. We always want our guests to arrive ready for a nice relaxing stay and am proud to hear that we were able to achieve this for you.

I do not think there is anything greater than being able to let your hair down and truly enjoy your stay. It looks like we were able to do that not only for you but your daughter as well.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

NYC
Reviewed 4 October 2013

A month after checking out the hotel has charged my credit card for nearly $800!! No call, no explanation - just the charge. And this was after receipts and email correspondence that my account was settled. Very lax attitude - not what I expected.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank TimHuckabee
SHeckathorne, Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We are sorry for the concern. We understand that you wrote and posted this after a solution was met and our management team had connected with you. No errant charges to your credit card remain. We are happy that we were able to work together to find out where the breakdown occurred.

Radford, Virginia
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a user conference I was attending. Luckily, this was not on my dime but I still have a few words of caution. First of all, there is a fee for wireless in your room. The conference sponsor comp'd that fee and it's a good thing. We could not get any decent signal and our phone and device batteries kept dying looking constantly for signal. Secondly and very important tip... The hotel offers a "green" option where you hang a tag on your door if you wish to forego cleaning and linen service. Though the tag says you will receive a $5 voucher OR points for each day you decline service - be warned...the hotel will automatically put you in as a green option for EVERY REMAINING DAY of your stay. This is NOT a day to day option as the tag implies. I made a complaint and was promptly awarded some extra points and a couple of complimentary drinks (many thanks to the sweet desk attendant who had to endure my complaints) so this is not a complaint, just a word of caution for future guests. You will also be charged a $4 housekeeping service gratuity daily so if you are green look out for this because being green doesn't eliminate that gratuity from your overall bill, which will be large. There is also a bell staff gratuity so if you are self service ask to have that removed as well because it's a little steep at $12.

• Stayed September 2013
SHeckathorne, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you and your husband were able to join us with your conference and also apologetic for any confusion during your stay. As a four-star resort we do our best to meet all of our guests’ needs. We regret to hear that we were not able to meet yours. I am more than appreciative for the feedback as we are constantly looking for ways to improve. I would also like to note that we are currently implementing procedures to eliminate any confusion in regards to our ‘Make A Green Choice’ program. As far as the automatic gratuities that were applied to your bill those would have been negotiated through your conference coordinator and are not typical for guests staying outside of a conference. Perhaps you would be open to the idea of staying at our resort in the future to enjoy our property outside of business as well as note all of the improvements we have made since your departure. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will extend us another opportunity to be your home away from home.

Resort Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass? Share your experiences!